Trump says U.S. will "CEASE TO EXIST" if he loses

I've always thought that most of these people are decent and want the best for America, but have been terribly manipulated over decades by voices they have chosen to trust (beginning with Limbaugh). Then, as you say, this con man comes along who is willing and shameless and damaged and needy enough to cosplay everything they want him to be, and they download all their manipulated hopes and dreams on to him. This helps them ignore his profound emotional/behavioral problems, and is even quasi-religious.

I think I understand that dynamic far more than I used to, but one thing I still can't get my head around is this joy they get from the pure cruelty. I believe that the voices they trust have filled them with so much grievance and mal-information that it has created a rage in them that the rest of us (across the political spectrum) just don't grasp. The word most often used, retribution, is key. This is some kind of revenge for some kind of pain they feel has been inflicted on them. Amplified x1,000 by those voices they trust.
I believe most are decent but decent doesn’t necessarily mean they’re smart or otherwise competent in their understanding of the world or competent at parsing information fairly and objectively. It also doesn’t mean they’re stable or mature emotionally.
I believe the die hard core have struggled with life and are lashing out at anything they perceive as hampering their success.
Some are just psychos of course.

I believe most are decent but decent doesn’t necessarily mean they’re smart or otherwise competent in their understanding of the world or competent at parsing information fairly and objectively. It also doesn’t mean they’re stable or mature emotionally.
I believe the die hard core have struggled with life and are lashing out at anything they perceive as hampering their success.
Yeah.

I guess lately I've been changing a bit on the intelligence thing. I still believe that addiction to an ideology and intelligence are two different things, and that an intelligent person can fall victim to an ideology. That seems relatively easy to conclude.

But some of these folks, and their MTG/Dunning-Kruger Effect temperaments... Is it a lack of intelligence or is it the intellectual laziness that comes with falling into an ideology that provides all the thinking & answers? I'm beginning to wonder if it's more the former.

I sure as hell can't change any of this, so most of my time here is spent at least trying to understand it. It doesn't help that they're so poor at articulating their thoughts.

Last edited:
Trump never shuts up. He has praised dictators and said he would be a dictator for a day etc.. Trump invites fear. He now says the Jan 6 mob are patriots.

Tissue?

It's very sad to me that they are so easily manipulated by Trump. He is not very bright and has a poor education. He's much too lazy to deep dive into any subject and far too arrogant to listen to advisors.. He doesn't even listen to his lawyers.

This is a perverse situation. Trump is as mad as the Red Queen in Through the Looking Glass.

Trump threw it all away. He was very popular and charismatic.. but he couldn't shut up. He sabotaged his presidency and his reelection.

Yeah.

I guess lately I've been changing a bit on the intelligence thing. I still believe that addiction to an ideology and intelligence are two different things, and that an intelligent person can fall victim to an ideology. That seems relatively easy to conclude.

But some of these folks, and their MTG/Dunning-Kruger Effect temperaments... Is it a lack of intelligence or is it the intellectual laziness that comes with falling into an ideology that provides all the thinking & answers? I'm beginning to wonder if it's more the former.

I sure as hell can't change any of this, so most of my time here is spent at least trying to understand it. It doesn't help that they're so poor at articulating their thoughts.
I believe intelligence has degrees.
I call them “base model” people. No extras or add ons. People who’ve had very little if any personal growth since they reached adulthood.
Their growth is stunted due to a lack of intellectual curiosity and not enough emotional maturity to admit that they might have been wrong in their thinking which doesn’t allow them to accept and incorporate new information.
To me that process is intelligence. Those able to readily seek out new information and incorporate it into their overall worldview will have a much broader perspective and therefore have higher functionality and better emotional fortitude.
This is just my opinion but we see evidence of this everyday with their juvenile outbursts and jr. high taunts.

Last edited:
I call them “base model” people. No extras or add ons. People who’ve had very little if any personal growth since they reached adulthood.
Their growth is stunted due to a lack of intellectual curiosity and not enough emotional maturity maturity to admit that they might have been wrong in their thinking which doesn’t allow them to accept and incorporate new information.
To me that process is intelligence. Those able to readily seek out new information and incorporate it into their overall worldview will have a much broader perspective and therefore have higher functionality and better emotional fortitude.
This is just my opinion but we see evidence of this everyday with their juvenile outbursts and jr. high taunts.
You hit on the word I always think about: Curiosity.

I have a term, "intellectual elasticity", that may relate to this. In other words, can a person stretch their mind to be curious, and to search out, absorb, and maintain information? I don't know if this is a function of what we think of as "intelligence", or if it is intellectual laziness. Does a lack of intelligence inhibit and restrict "intellectual elasticity"?

It's very sad to me that they are so easily manipulated by Trump. He is not very bright and has a poor education. He's much too lazy to deep dive into any subject and far too arrogant to listen to advisors.. He doesn't even listen to his lawyers.

This is a perverse situation. Trump is as mad as the Red Queen in Through Looking glass.

Trump threw it all away. He was very we popular and charismatic.. but he couldn't shut up. He sabotaged his presidency and his reelection.
It’s definitely sad and repugnant as well.
Maybe he appeals to them because he is just so superficial and simple. That’s why they hate the “elites” who maybe they feel speak above them. I’ve heard them say that they love him because he speaks just like them.
Who knows.

You hit on the word I always think about: Curiosity.

I have a term, "intellectual elasticity", that may relate to this. In other words, can a person stretch their mind to be curious, and to search out, absorb, and maintain information? I don't know if this is a function of what we think of as "intelligence", or if it is intellectual laziness. Does a lack of intelligence inhibit and restrict "intellectual elasticity"?
I’ve thought about that as well. Is it ability or simple laziness? There could be other factors as well like religious rigidity, potential abuse or social pressures to toe the line and not question too much. Which ever way, it has left them insecure, afraid and bitter.

This is a perverse situation. Trump is as mad as the Red Queen in Through the Looking Glass.

Trump threw it all away. He was very popular and charismatic.. but he couldn't shut up. He sabotaged his presidency and his reelection.
The TV show shills did that. Most of them would lose a physical fight to a toddler for survival.

Their growth is stunted due to a lack of intellectual curiosity and not enough emotional maturity to admit that they might have been wrong in their thinking which doesn’t allow them to accept and incorporate new information.

It's not that clear cut. I have a brother who's a PhD. Very smart and very well educated. Although he finally came to his senses, he voted for Trump twice, and was going to a third time, until Trump made that comment about hoping the next recession hits us before the next inauguration day. Trumpism is not just about intelligence, though lesser intelligent people do seem more susceptible to its grip. And the level of Trumptards in this establishment are mostly exemplary. I think it's more about craving to be part of something big; being part of something that bucks the establishment; and mostly, being indoctrinated by Limbaughstic-style rhetoric of the left is evil; and shutting down ANY source contradictory to their message. And being easily swayed. Again, referencing my own brother, he's fallen into cult-like environments in the past. He got swept up into EST and later, Herbalife. So there is a certain personality type which also contributes to falling into this cult.

Migration: US sees drop in illegal border crossings after ...

View attachment 927055
AP News
https://apnews.com › article › mexico-immigration-enfo...
Jan 7, 2024 — The actions taken by Mexico include forcing migrants off freight trains, sending deportation flights to Venezuela, and flying and busing ...
Now Biden is just flying The migrants in.

I've always thought that most of these people are decent and want the best for America, but have been terribly manipulated over decades by voices they have chosen to trust (beginning with Limbaugh). Then, as you say, this con man comes along who is willing and shameless and damaged and needy enough to cosplay everything they want him to be, and they download all their manipulated hopes and dreams on to him. This helps them ignore his profound emotional/behavioral problems, and is even quasi-religious.

I think I understand that dynamic far more than I used to, but one thing I still can't get my head around is this joy they get from the pure cruelty. I believe that the voices they trust have filled them with so much grievance and mal-information that it has created a rage in them that the rest of us (across the political spectrum) just don't grasp. The word most often used, retribution, is key. This is some kind of revenge for some kind of pain they feel has been inflicted on them. Amplified x1,000 by those voices they trust.
Well, "decency" is always judged from ones own conviction and view onto others.
Americans just as e.g Europeans, all have their conservatives and extreme conservatives, who view upon their own values as being decent.
That many Americans are far more radical in view of religious & racial conviction then Europeans is also obvious.

This became evident (at least to me) as a German participating in several US forums, when Obama became US President. I was really surprised and partially flabbergasted upon the reaction of conservative Americans in regards to this issue - a Negro (factually a Mulatto) becoming President. Aka as to how many Timothy McVeigh's and likewise mental supporters were factually present in the USA.

Their interpretation towards decency stems from foremost religious/racial convictions aka those teachings they received from childhood onward.
IMO those Lefty/Lib extremists pushed the envelope of "their convictions" too far - many of those IMO being detrimental towards the American and European society and culture. Thus those MAGA's and their conservative allies "demand" retribution/revange.

Religious motivated/indoctrinated people (no matter how intelligent they are) usually never object openly (since "decency" doesn't allow for that) - aka demonstrating or clearly actively showing their discontent, unlike Lefty/Libs who have learned and exercised this, since latest the 70'ies and became extremely successful in imposing a minorities conviction onto a majority, via manipulating the existing political establishment.

And now this Messiah comes - and tells them exactly as to what they want to hear (simply becasue he is solely echoing their known discontent at them). Thus again they don't need to abandon their "conviction", aka don't demonstrate, throw bricks and Molotov's, fire steel bearings and burn down other peoples assets and belongings, (don't challenge authority physically-actively), but errantly believing that their Messiah alone, via loud-mouthing can convince a majority of Americans. Playing Militia and running around with AR-15's etc. isn't against the law - and thus makes them feel good and "righteous".

One could observe this on Jan.6th - a couple of hundred "exited" MAGA's, and just some dozen of radical religious-racist extremists (Proud Boys). However taking the MAGA propaganda and their propagated hate-stories into account - tens of thousands of MAGA's storming, ransacking and burning down the Capitol should have been expected.

In other words if these MAGA's and their conservative allies would have learned how to "manipulate politics via peaceful means" (make use of ones intelligence) and abandon their conviction (not to challenge authority physically) since the 70'ies - the USA would have a similar society, and as such constant clashes and violent demonstrations - such as e.g. France. Major difference is that France doesn't have millions of firearms distributed amongst their population. !!!

IDIOCRACY

The way he fucks himself over & over again the guy may be a machochist. He's no doubt a sadist.

You'd make a very poor political strategist. You can't even read what's right in front of you. Then again, that's perfect for attracting Democrats, I take it back. The world is whatever you narrate it to be, just pretend it's true, instant support from all purple hair liberals.

Sure I do...I can quote MAGA folks on this board. Poor as crap.

You said "Most of MAGA...". A few people on a single message board are not most of MAGA.
Then there is this:

Dining options for MAGA just took a serious hit.
Now you're just being elitist.

You didn't answer my question: What does Trump having billions have to do with anything we're talking about?

Yep, Trump declared that in the event Joe Biden once again beats him in the election, “I think our country is going to cease to exist.” He added some additional fearmongering to the rant: “It could be the last election we ever have. I actually mean that.

Wow, that really sounds bad. Why does Trump use so much fear-mongering Armageddon type language? What do you think?

Well, Biden beat him in the last election and we still exist.

So, apparently Trump is pulling your chain.

But, if you haven't noticed that he's been pulling your chain for a long time now, your bulb is not brightly lit.

Say it isn't so.

One could observe this on Jan.6th - a couple of hundred "exited" MAGA's, and just some dozen of radical religious-racist extremists (Proud Boys). However taking the MAGA propaganda and their propagated hate-stories into account - tens of thousands of MAGA's storming, ransacking and burning down the Capitol should have been expected.
This has been a very slow boil, and it's been building over decades. These people have grievances -- and I have agreements with them on several of them -- but their media (this began with Limbaugh many years ago) has has been amplifying this in their minds 24/7/365. This cannot be underestimated, and I don't think it is being recognized for its importance. This is not only a rage most of us will never know, but it's deep and it's not going away now that it's out.

In other words if these MAGA's and their conservative allies would have learned how to "manipulate politics via peaceful means" (make use of ones intelligence) and abandon their conviction (not to challenge authority physically) since the 70'ies - the USA would have a similar society, and as such constant clashes and violent demonstrations - such as e.g. France. Major difference is that France doesn't have millions of firearms distributed amongst their population. !!!
Well, this is key, and it relates to my comment above. I've mentioned this many times here, my frustration that they are so poor at articulating their thoughts, particularly in real life and on the spot. This goes back to their reliance on their propaganda media. They absorb the supposed arguments from their media, but they're not able to process them and articulate them in their own words. They don't need to! So what we get are platitudes, slogans, myopia, shaky facts and personal attacks based on emotion, which is how their media provides the input.

Like any other country, America has problems. And like a business or a relationship, the way to address problems for long term answers is to communicate, collaborate and innovate, so that new ideas appear and all involved have skin in the game. This is not a secret. But they have been convinced by those voices that they can't do that, that the other party is so corrupt and evil and dishonest that it can't happen. So they have virtually ZERO ability in communicating, collaborating, or innovating. They don't even know how to begin.

What made me realize this is their constant use of the word fight. "Fight" in this context would usually be a metaphor in a more sophisticated conversation, but they can only take it literally. So they end up with "leaders" whose primary skill is aggression, who share their lack of ability to work constructively with others, and just, well, fight. This is low-level, underdeveloped, primitive thinking. It this a lack of intellect or the result of the conditioning? I don't know.

So now America is burdened with an asymmetrical conversation in which one side -- even though it has perfectly legitimate concerns -- can't communicate in a normal, adult, constructive way, and doesn't even WANT to. I don't know how this manifests.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back