Trump says he has his pick of the top ten people in any discipline

I wish Trump's picks were as good as Trump's mouth. I voted for orange man (was there really any choice? LOL) and I'm disappointed in all of the turnover in his administration, although I'd be delighted to see Jeff Sessions out of office.

I think the turnover is a welcome change, it ensures that people don't get too comfy unless they are really committed to America. Also Trump doesn't get too reliant on advisers.

Consider so many in your and my government who are around for decades, just doing nothing. Fresh, new blood enter the government and they are probably intimidated by some people simply because they've been around a long time. Most of these fossils couldn't give a flying you know what about success, they just play the game. Trump is EXACTLY the person they despise. He rocks the boat and makes them feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. They look at Trump and think, "don't you know who I am?" These people need to get off their high horse and get to work for America not the lobbyists.

If you notice the people most against Trump publicly are the oldest fossils? Those most entrenched in Washington and who take their marching orders from others. I say, get rid of those who are looking out for themselves first. Guys like Tillerson had to put up with alot and he stuck it out, even after CNN predicted his demise months ago. Ditto for Kelly recently. Yet they are still here. I don't think Cohn is an entrenched Washington guy, but you get the idea. Thanks for your work, now move along and let's keep the Trump agenda moving forward.

If you aren't comfortable with hard work and the ebb and flow of Trumps leadership, it's best you find a new career. Most definitely it's better for the country that way. I bet you some of the guys loyal to him enjoy it, it gets their blood flowing and keeps them focused.

America is facing a global battle against so many ideological enemies. If you don't have the best of the best the toughest most patriotic, you are going to have palms greased and America sabotaged. Trump sees this as a Cold War of sorts, and he's probably right. Anyone with an appreciation of history knows that there are critical times in history in which you need the right people to make the right decisions. Trump is the guy assigned this task

So, all of the turnover is great news, it's not bad news, especially with some economic MBA grads (and I know how they think) who are sticking to their ideas, inflexible to the change in the economy, and in some respects the required tweaking of globalism. They learned by the books but can't think. I always said that a nation needs to make things, I just never had the answer as to how that could happen as I never personally considered tariffs and threats of retaliation, it goes against my general nature of laissez-faire economics. However, it's clear for at least a few years, it's needed to offset such massive abuses by China, for which the WTO has cared little.

God Bless America! Get 'er done Trump!

Last edited:
I wish Trump's picks were as good as Trump's mouth. I voted for orange man (was there really any choice? LOL) and I'm disappointed in all of the turnover in his administration, although I'd be delighted to see Jeff Sessions out of office.

I think the turnover is a welcome change, it ensures that people don't get too comfy unless they are really committed to America. Also Trump doesn't get too reliant on advisers.

Consider so many in your and my government who are around for decades, just doing nothing. Fresh, new blood enter the government and they are probably intimidated by some people simply because they've been around a long time. Most of these fossils couldn't give a flying you know what about success, they just play the game. Trump is EXACTLY the person they despise. He rocks the boat and makes them feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. They look at Trump and think, "don't you know who I am?" get off your high horse you sob and ge tto work for America not the lobbyists.

If you notice the people most against Trump publicly are the oldest fossils? Those most entrenched in Washington and who take their marching orders from others. I say, get rid of those who are looking out for themselves first. Guys like Tillerson had to put up with alot and he stuck it out, even after CNN predicted his demise months ago. Ditto for Kelly recently. Yet they are still here. I don't think Cohn is an entrenched Washington guy, but you get the idea. Thanks for your work, now move along and let's keep the Trump agenda moving forward.

If you aren't comfortable with hard work and the ebb and flow of Trumps leadership, it's bets you find a new career. Most definitely it's better for the country that way. I bet you some of the guys loyal to him enjoy it, it gets their blood flowing and keeps them focused.

America is facing a global battle against so many ideological enemies. If you don't have the best of the best the toughest most patriotic, you are going to have palms greased and America sabotaged. Trump sees this as a Cold War of sorts, and he's probably right. Anyone with an appreciation of history knows that there are critical times in history in which you need the right people to make the right decisions. Trump is the guy assigned this task

So, all of the turnover is great news, it's not bad news, especially with some economic MBA grads (and I know how they think) who are sticking to their ideas, inflexible to the change in the economy, and in some respects the required tweaking of globalism. I always said that a nation needs to make things, I just never had the answer as to how that could happen as I never personally considered tariffs and threats of retaliation, it goes against my general nature of laissez-faire economics. However, it's clear for at least a few years, it's needed to offset such massive abuses by China, for which the WTO has cared little.

Thanks for the interesting perspective. I'm sure the resident liberals will completely agree. :abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

I wonder whether Cohn will be replaced by any of the individuals who are widely (among folks who are plugged into economics) acknowledged as being among the top economists alive today.
I'm not holding my breath that any of them becomes his national economic advisor.
He will likely pick another Goldman Sucks asshole, just like Cohn.

Goldman paid Cohn $285 million when he left and joined Trump. WTF!!! Cohn’s job was to protect the wealthy and the interests of Goldman, while he was in government.

I don’t believe so. It was a quote where he harshly critiqued the president he worked for. I’m certain he would have immediately denied it had it not been true. Instead, he resigned. As I posited, he tacitly confirmed it.

You're posting his statement as if it's fact. Ok. I'll be less inclined to take your word in future posts.
LOL

It’s adorable how much you think your opinion of my veracity matters.

Regardless, it was someone else who said they read that in one of Cohn’s emails who provided that ascription. And zero repudiation from Cohn leads me to believe he did in fact, say it.

You should speak truth and be honest. Your meme is an uncorroborated allegation. So, if he didn't deny it, then it must be true?
You yourself said he said it. Why shouldn’t I believe you?

Where did I claim that Cohn made the statement in your meme?
Actually, you didn’t, I was merely using you to demonstrate for folks reading this how people challenge false ascriptions to them. Just like you challenged me to prove you didn’t say what I falsely ascribed to you, Cohn would have done the same had the quote attributed to him not been accurate.

Thanks for the assist.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, and you should learn what a meme is. What I posted was a quote, not a meme.

Trump just had another guy leave yesterday. He's evidently a super dickhead to work for or in his elitist mind work "under"...

Good thing this isn't the Obama Administration where he picked the corrupt incompetent scum assholes of the country and kept them on.
Stormy appears to be saying she’s got or had sexts and maybe even “dick pics” from President Trump.
Summa Stormietica (or Maybe Trump Sent Stormy Dick Pics)

Guaranteed if she has such pics they are fake as hell. He's far too careful to ever do something like that. I'm sure they will be "unflattering" photos and people will ask him about the size of his hands etc. There is no low the left won't go, the narrative is out there and people don't trust these hanger-ons who are exploited for political gain. People are voting for self interest now. She was on late night TV a couple of days after her accusations. Please. Just like the Oscars, these clowns will be tuned out...once more.

Trump is really pissing off the Establishment. This is welcome news, his supporters are going to rally to his defense again as they do when he is attacked. It might be a better Mid-term than I expected.

Trump says he has his pick of the top ten people in any discipline

Then why is he choosing all of these assholes?

You're posting his statement as if it's fact. Ok. I'll be less inclined to take your word in future posts.
LOL

It’s adorable how much you think your opinion of my veracity matters.

Regardless, it was someone else who said they read that in one of Cohn’s emails who provided that ascription. And zero repudiation from Cohn leads me to believe he did in fact, say it.

You should speak truth and be honest. Your meme is an uncorroborated allegation. So, if he didn't deny it, then it must be true?
You yourself said he said it. Why shouldn’t I believe you?

Where did I claim that Cohn made the statement in your meme?
Actually, you didn’t, I was merely using you to demonstrate for folks reading this how people challenge false ascriptions to them. Just like you challenged me to prove you didn’t say what I falsely ascribed to you, Cohn would have done the same had the quote attributed to him not been accurate.

Thanks for the assist.
thumbsup.gif

Oh, and you should learn what a meme is. What I posted was a quote, not a meme.

Ok. So you're a serial liar. It's time to ignore you too. So long, liar.

Consider so many in your and my government who are around for decades, just doing nothing. Fresh, new blood enter the government and they are probably intimidated by some people simply because they've been around a long time. Most of these fossils couldn't give a flying you know what about success, they just play the game. Trump is EXACTLY the person they despise. He rocks the boat and makes them feel uncomfortable and vulnerable. They look at Trump and think, "don't you know who I am?" These people need to get off their high horse and get to work for America not the lobbyists.

If you aren't comfortable with hard work and the ebb and flow of Trumps leadership, it's best you find a new career. Most definitely it's better for the country that way. I bet you some of the guys loyal to him enjoy it, it gets their blood flowing and keeps them focused.

So, all of the turnover is great news, it's not bad news, especially with some economic MBA grads (and I know how they think) who are sticking to their ideas, inflexible to the change in the economy, and in some respects the required tweaking of globalism. They learned by the books but can't think. I always said that a nation needs to make things, I just never had the answer as to how that could happen as I never personally considered tariffs and threats of retaliation, it goes against my general nature of laissez-faire economics. However, it's clear for at least a few years, it's needed to offset such massive abuses by China, for which the WTO has cared little.

I think the turnover is a welcome change,
? Because there's been so little of it lately, right?

In a political job, it takes at least a year to just figure out who is who and who is WITH who and who is screwing who, both literally and figuratively. Then you can hunker down and get to work, knowing the playing field.
Being a newbie in the WH is not an advantage.

I don't disagree with you that some folks stay in D.C. beyond their shelf life, but that doesn't mean the radical turnover in staff at 1600 Pennsylvania is a great thing. It's a mess.

I wonder whether Cohn will be replaced by any of the individuals who are widely (among folks who are plugged into economics) acknowledged as being among the top economists alive today.
I'm not holding my breath that any of them becomes his national economic advisor.

Trump is full of shit. His first choice for the Chief Scientist of the USDA was not even a Scientist, let alone one of the top 10

Forum List

Back