Trump Punches His Ticket To Greatness At Mt. Rushmore

LOL That was a speech?
Seemed like he was just stringing words together...
Several times he didn't even make a sentence, just wanted to put those patriotic words out there!
This was the greatest face-plant in American History. He basically told crazy right-wingers to go out
and SHOOT the Democrats! This was NOT leadership, but genocide!

He told Americans to stand up for their country against those who teach our children to hate America, and you take that as shoot democrats? I don't even want to know how you came to that conclusion.

umh..not quite.

Against those who don’t believe in YOUR version of events, which you then label as “hate America”.

I would say burning the flag and vandalizing statues of Lincoln and Washington would qualify as hating America. Democrat or Republican. I'm not setting the bar real high.
Depends on the motive Behind I would say, but I place ignorance higher on the list than hate.

IMO....those who hate America are those who consider their fellow Americans to hate America simply because they have a different vision for her.

LOL That was a speech?
Seemed like he was just stringing words together...
Several times he didn't even make a sentence, just wanted to put those patriotic words out there!
This was the greatest face-plant in American History. He basically told crazy right-wingers to go out
and SHOOT the Democrats! This was NOT leadership, but genocide!

He told Americans to stand up for their country against those who teach our children to hate America, and you take that as shoot democrats? I don't even want to know how you came to that conclusion.

umh..not quite.

Against those who don’t believe in YOUR version of events, which you then label as “hate America”.

I would say burning the flag and vandalizing statues of Lincoln and Washington would qualify as hating America. Democrat or Republican. I'm not setting the bar real high.
Depends on the motive Behind I would say, but I place ignorance higher on the list than hate.

IMO....those who hate America are those who consider their fellow Americans to hate America simply because they have a different vision for her.

I hear you, and I wish it were just a few ignorant people, but the fact that the media doesn't condemn it is troublesome. Instead, they lump it all together as nazis protecting confederate statues. Disagreement is good, but I believe Trump is correct in that cancel culture is not American. Do you not find it troublesome that children now think our flag is loathsome? Or that they are being taught that since our forefathers were not perfect that the constitution should be destroyed? This isn't a left right thing. I think the left and the right can disagree without saying our history needs to be scrapped.

The speech delivered at Mt. Rushmore on July 3 will go down as one of the greatest speeches ever delivered by an American president. It doesn’t have the eloquence and certainly not the brevity of a Gettysburg Address but it encompasses all the requirements of a wartime address to the nation looking for leadership. The speech was passionate, full of conviction, replete with clarity, positive, uplifting, and unifying. It is the speech all of trumps detractors believed he was incapable of giving. It is the speech all the talking heads said trump needed to give. And most of all it is the speech that the nation was crying out for.
Trump was feeling it Friday night. His makeup was perfect, the weather was perfect, and the setting was perfect. As four giants of the American experiment looked down on him, Trump proved once and for all he too belonged in the pantheon of American greatness. The stage was not too big, the challenge was not too great, and the man was not too small for the moment. He dispensed with the usual campaign rally familiarity. He was conspicuously Presidential. No anecdotes, no personal attacks, no asides, no stories. He had one mission on that night, to tell a nervous nation why we should believe in our heritage and our future and turn our backs on those who would try to destroy our nation. He offered a history lesson. He saluted those four titans on the rock above him. He quoted Marin Luther King saying we should be true to the ideals of our founders. He showed how in the arc of history no nation had ever done as much for humanity in every field of endeavor as ours has. When all those around him have shown weakness and cowardice, he showed leadership. He said what needed to be said, what no one else is saying, and what the country has hungered for. He is holding the lantern to lead us out of the darkness, out of the desert, out of despair and hopelessness. He proved once and for all that Donald Trump is a man who unwaveringly believes in his country, it’s history, and it’s promise. He is a man of patriotic conviction, authenticness, and unbounded optimism. Right now he is singlehandedly leading our country away from darkness. There is no one else. Friday he gave us a reason to believe in him. A reason to follow him, a reason to be proud to be an American, a reminder that we should always be proud to be an American. Trump did what Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt have done before him, he preserved and celebrated this great nation in one of its greatest hours of need. When they write the history of 2020, scholars will point to this speech as a turning point both for the country and the president. They will note that by sheer force of will and sense of purpose Donald Trump alone righted the ship and put this nation back on course. Truly July 3, 2020, President Donald Trump punched his ticket to greatness.

Goebbels would have been proud!

The speech delivered at Mt. Rushmore on July 3 will go down as one of the greatest speeches ever delivered by an American president. It doesn’t have the eloquence and certainly not the brevity of a Gettysburg Address but it encompasses all the requirements of a wartime address to the nation looking for leadership. The speech was passionate, full of conviction, replete with clarity, positive, uplifting, and unifying. It is the speech all of trumps detractors believed he was incapable of giving. It is the speech all the talking heads said trump needed to give. And most of all it is the speech that the nation was crying out for.
Trump was feeling it Friday night. His makeup was perfect, the weather was perfect, and the setting was perfect. As four giants of the American experiment looked down on him, Trump proved once and for all he too belonged in the pantheon of American greatness. The stage was not too big, the challenge was not too great, and the man was not too small for the moment. He dispensed with the usual campaign rally familiarity. He was conspicuously Presidential. No anecdotes, no personal attacks, no asides, no stories. He had one mission on that night, to tell a nervous nation why we should believe in our heritage and our future and turn our backs on those who would try to destroy our nation. He offered a history lesson. He saluted those four titans on the rock above him. He quoted Marin Luther King saying we should be true to the ideals of our founders. He showed how in the arc of history no nation had ever done as much for humanity in every field of endeavor as ours has. When all those around him have shown weakness and cowardice, he showed leadership. He said what needed to be said, what no one else is saying, and what the country has hungered for. He is holding the lantern to lead us out of the darkness, out of the desert, out of despair and hopelessness. He proved once and for all that Donald Trump is a man who unwaveringly believes in his country, it’s history, and it’s promise. He is a man of patriotic conviction, authenticness, and unbounded optimism. Right now he is singlehandedly leading our country away from darkness. There is no one else. Friday he gave us a reason to believe in him. A reason to follow him, a reason to be proud to be an American, a reminder that we should always be proud to be an American. Trump did what Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Roosevelt have done before him, he preserved and celebrated this great nation in one of its greatest hours of need. When they write the history of 2020, scholars will point to this speech as a turning point both for the country and the president. They will note that by sheer force of will and sense of purpose Donald Trump alone righted the ship and put this nation back on course. Truly July 3, 2020, President Donald Trump punched his ticket to greatness.

It will be quickly forgotten.

I do like how the Whitehouse website lists the audience reactions to the speech.....LOL as if it was a hollywood script instead of a public record.

His make up was perfect. LOL>

It was campaign speech.

Why did he devote so much time railing against leftists if he is supposed to be uniting us? That isn’t leadership..it is division. Again. And Again. And Again.

"...We are now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters and people who in many instances have absolutely no clue what they are doing."

“We will not allow anyone to divide our citizens by race or background. We will not allow them to foment hate, discord, and distrust. We will hold fast and true to the sacred loyalties that link us all as neighbors, as Americans, and as patriots. In every age, there have always been those who seek to lie about the past in order to gain power in the present. Those that are lying about our history, those who want us to be ashamed of who we are are not interested in justice or in healing. Their goal is demolition. Our goal is not to destroy the greatest structure on earth, what we have built, the United States of America, to build a future where every family is safe, where every child is surrounded by love, where every community has equal opportunity and every citizen enjoys great and everlasting dignity.

It is already there...distrust. How will you remedy it Mr. Trump?

And this...is a blatant lie. Not immigrant families. Not immigrant children who are punished for the actions of their parents.
______

Coyote. He is uniting sane law abiding Americans, the type who built this country, against:

Hoodlums, Bolsheviks.... "...We are now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters and people who in many instances have absolutely no clue what they are doing."

You don't unite with people intent on destroying your country--violently---you put them in jail.

It's not hard to see, for anyone not blinded by hate and TDS. Get help.

He’s made peace with a landslide loss and will simply try to carve out a niche he can profit from post presidency. Lotta suckers on this board for him to pick their pockets.

Good fucking grief.

It was campaign speech.

Why did he devote so much time railing against leftists if he is supposed to be uniting us? That isn’t leadership..it is division. Again. And Again. And Again.

"...We are now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters and people who in many instances have absolutely no clue what they are doing."

“We will not allow anyone to divide our citizens by race or background. We will not allow them to foment hate, discord, and distrust. We will hold fast and true to the sacred loyalties that link us all as neighbors, as Americans, and as patriots. In every age, there have always been those who seek to lie about the past in order to gain power in the present. Those that are lying about our history, those who want us to be ashamed of who we are are not interested in justice or in healing. Their goal is demolition. Our goal is not to destroy the greatest structure on earth, what we have built, the United States of America, to build a future where every family is safe, where every child is surrounded by love, where every community has equal opportunity and every citizen enjoys great and everlasting dignity.

And this...is a blatant lie. Not immigrant families. Not immigrant children who are punished for the actions of their parents.
It is amazing how the left can take a positive, uplifting, and unifying message and tear it to pieces. I don’t recall trump ever mentioning immigration in this speech. And as is usual with your constant amnesia of the facts Coyote, trump proposed a four pillars plan that gave not one but two million dreamers a path to citizenship and was supported by 65% of the country but people that you support would not even allow to be discussed in Congress. Reality continues not to be your strong suit.

And let’s get one thing straight. You support mobs who tear down statues, loot, kill people, burn down cities? You support organizations who seek to destroy our country? You believe our country does not need law and order to flourish. You cannot solve a problem until you identify the problem. President trump identified the problem just as great swaths of the country are in total agreement with him. Whenever he states an inconvenient truth you call it a division. You would think denying the truth would cause you sleepless nights, apparently not.

Last edited:
It was campaign speech.

It is amazing how the left can take a positive, uplifting, and unifying message and tear it to pieces. I don’t recall trump ever mentioning immigration in this speech. And as is usual with your constant amnesia of the facts Coyote, trump proposed a four pillars plan that gave not one but two million dreamers a path to citizenship and was supported by 65% of the country but people that you support would not even allow to be discussed in Congress. Reality continues not to be your strong suit.

And let’s get one thing straight. You support mobs who tear down statues, loot, kill people, burn down cities? You support organizations who seek to destroy our country? You believe our country does not need law and order to flourish. You cannot solve a problem until you identify the problem. President trump identified the problem just as great swaths of the country are in total agreement with him. Whenever he states an inconvenient truth you call it a division. You would think denying the truth would cause you sleepless nights, apparently not.
No. Let’s really get a few things straight.

You and I have different perspectives. I can respect that. Can you? You find his speech uplifting, I find it divisive for the reasons I stated. Your “inconvenient truth” is my seeing the country sharply divided into two camps, under a president who makes no effort to bridge that gap and speak to all of us. On the one hand he calls for law and order while with other encourages mayhem. On one hand he proclaims we will not allow them to foment hate, discord and distrust, while with the other he does exactly that.

I'll have to check out trump's speech. Some seem to think it was on the level of the Gettysburg Address. I've yet to hear anything by trump that was eloquent. He's usually just full of hate and venom and division when he isn't just outright bragging on himself. I wonder if he mentioned how great he's handling the carona virus?

“President Trump champions American greatness in his Mount Rushmore speech.” - Hannity

The Tablet Magazine put it this way:

"Donald Trump’s Great American Speech at Mount Rushmore
An immigrant is inspired by the president’s vision of his new home"

You can judge for yourself:

1."Today, we pay tribute to the exceptional lives and extraordinary legacies of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. (Applause.) I am here as your President to proclaim before the country and before the world: This monument will never be desecrated — (applause) — these heroes will never be defaced, their legacy will never, ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom.

2. We gather tonight to herald the most important day in the history of nations: July 4th, 1776. At those words, every American heart should swell with pride. Every American family should cheer with delight. And every American patriot should be filled with joy, because each of you lives in the most magnificent country in the history of the world, and it will soon be greater than ever before.

3. These immortal words set in motion the unstoppable march of freedom. Our Founders boldly declared that we are all endowed with the same divine rights — given [to] us by our Creator in Heaven. And that which God has given us, we will allow no one, ever, to take away — ever.

4. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our Founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they are doing this, but some know exactly what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive. But no, the American people are strong and proud, and they will not allow our country, and all of its values, history, and culture, to be taken from them.

5. One of their political weapons is “Cancel Culture” — driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and our values, and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America. This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty, must be stopped, and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children, end this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life.

6. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us. Make no mistake: this left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution. In so doing, they would destroy the very civilization that rescued billions from poverty, disease, violence, and hunger, and that lifted humanity to new heights of achievement, discovery, and progress…. they are determined to tear down every statue, symbol, and memory of our national heritage. Above all, our children, from every community, must be taught that to be American is to inherit the spirit of the most adventurous and confident people ever to walk the face of the Earth.

7. The violent mayhem we have seen in the streets of cities that are run by liberal Democrats, in every case, is the predictable result of years of extreme indoctrination and bias in education, journalism, and other cultural institutions. Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country, and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but that were villains. The radical view of American history is a web of lies — all perspective is removed, every virtue is obscured, every motive is twisted, every fact is distorted, and every flaw is magnified until the history is purged and the record is disfigured beyond all recognition.

8. We are proud of the fact— that our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, and we understand —— that these values have dramatically advanced the cause of peace and justice throughout the world.

We know that the American family is the bedrock of American life.

We recognize the solemn right and moral duty of every nation to secure its borders. And we are building the wall.

We remember that governments exist to protect the safety and happiness of their own people. A nation must care for its own citizens first. We must take care of America first. It’s time.

We believe in equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment for citizens of every race, background, religion, and creed. Every child, of every color — born and unborn — is made in the holy image of God. We want free and open debate, not speech codes and cancel culture.

We embrace tolerance, not prejudice.

We support the courageous men and women of law enforcement. We will never abolish our police or our great Second Amendment, which gives us the right to keep and bear arms.

We believe that our children should be taught to love their country, honor our history, and respect our great American flag.

We stand tall, we stand proud, and we only kneel to Almighty God.

This is who we are. This is what we believe.”

The Tablet Magazine put it this way:

"Donald Trump’s Great American Speech at Mount Rushmore
An immigrant is inspired by the president’s vision of his new home"

You can judge for yourself:

1."Today, we pay tribute to the exceptional lives and extraordinary legacies of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Teddy Roosevelt. (Applause.) I am here as your President to proclaim before the country and before the world: This monument will never be desecrated — (applause) — these heroes will never be defaced, their legacy will never, ever be destroyed, their achievements will never be forgotten, and Mount Rushmore will stand forever as an eternal tribute to our forefathers and to our freedom.

2. We gather tonight to herald the most important day in the history of nations: July 4th, 1776. At those words, every American heart should swell with pride. Every American family should cheer with delight. And every American patriot should be filled with joy, because each of you lives in the most magnificent country in the history of the world, and it will soon be greater than ever before.

3. These immortal words set in motion the unstoppable march of freedom. Our Founders boldly declared that we are all endowed with the same divine rights — given [to] us by our Creator in Heaven. And that which God has given us, we will allow no one, ever, to take away — ever.

4. Our nation is witnessing a merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children. Angry mobs are trying to tear down statues of our Founders, deface our most sacred memorials, and unleash a wave of violent crime in our cities. Many of these people have no idea why they are doing this, but some know exactly what they are doing. They think the American people are weak and soft and submissive. But no, the American people are strong and proud, and they will not allow our country, and all of its values, history, and culture, to be taken from them.

5. One of their political weapons is “Cancel Culture” — driving people from their jobs, shaming dissenters, and demanding total submission from anyone who disagrees. This is the very definition of totalitarianism, and it is completely alien to our culture and our values, and it has absolutely no place in the United States of America. This attack on our liberty, our magnificent liberty, must be stopped, and it will be stopped very quickly. We will expose this dangerous movement, protect our nation’s children, end this radical assault, and preserve our beloved American way of life.

6. In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished. It’s not going to happen to us. Make no mistake: this left-wing cultural revolution is designed to overthrow the American Revolution. In so doing, they would destroy the very civilization that rescued billions from poverty, disease, violence, and hunger, and that lifted humanity to new heights of achievement, discovery, and progress…. they are determined to tear down every statue, symbol, and memory of our national heritage. Above all, our children, from every community, must be taught that to be American is to inherit the spirit of the most adventurous and confident people ever to walk the face of the Earth.

7. The violent mayhem we have seen in the streets of cities that are run by liberal Democrats, in every case, is the predictable result of years of extreme indoctrination and bias in education, journalism, and other cultural institutions. Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country, and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but that were villains. The radical view of American history is a web of lies — all perspective is removed, every virtue is obscured, every motive is twisted, every fact is distorted, and every flaw is magnified until the history is purged and the record is disfigured beyond all recognition.

8. We are proud of the fact— that our country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, and we understand —— that these values have dramatically advanced the cause of peace and justice throughout the world.

We know that the American family is the bedrock of American life.

We recognize the solemn right and moral duty of every nation to secure its borders. And we are building the wall.

We remember that governments exist to protect the safety and happiness of their own people. A nation must care for its own citizens first. We must take care of America first. It’s time.

We believe in equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment for citizens of every race, background, religion, and creed. Every child, of every color — born and unborn — is made in the holy image of God. We want free and open debate, not speech codes and cancel culture.

We embrace tolerance, not prejudice.

We support the courageous men and women of law enforcement. We will never abolish our police or our great Second Amendment, which gives us the right to keep and bear arms.

We believe that our children should be taught to love their country, honor our history, and respect our great American flag.

We stand tall, we stand proud, and we only kneel to Almighty God.

This is who we are. This is what we believe.”

Sounds more like a speech once given by any tin pot wannabe Dictator. If you ain't 100% for him you are the enemy of the state. And that State is in sorry state if that is the case. This speech was for about 36% of America. Everyone else, including me, are openly told that we are the enemy. And we will react a no November 2nd to get rid of the REAL enemy of the State.

Unless you were black or Asian..

Forum List

Back