Trump Prosecutions Backfiring?

It's an evasion. Partisans love lesser-of-two-evils. It's how they make hay.
No, it's the reason you have a binary choice in each election. Big money in politics.

This is what it looks like to identify real reasons, instead of just saying everything sucks and pointing at everyone and telling them to do better.

No, it's the reason you have a binary choice in each election. Big money in politics.

This is what it looks like to identify real reasons, instead of just saying everything sucks and pointing at everyone and telling them to do better.
LOL - RCV gets rid of the lesser-of-two-evils conceit. Why does that scare you?

It doesn't. Settle down.

It also doesn't speak to my point at all. I described how we got here.
We got here because the two-parties have conned people into voting for their bad candidates with the lesser-of-two-evils nonsense.

We got here because the two-parties have conned people into voting for their bad candidates with the lesser-of-two-evils nonsense.
Nope. 100% wrong. People perceive a binary choice, because that is the mathematical reality in each election, Irrespective of the quality of the candidates.

Nope. 100% wrong. People perceive a binary choice, because that is the mathematical reality in each election, Irrespective of the quality of the candidates.
That doesn't even address what I said. Why are you defending LO2E?

That doesn't even address what I said. Why are you defending LO2E?
It directly addresses your false claim and totally undermines it.

I didn't defend anything. I explained things. Try to focus, you're falling apart a little bit.

Maine and Alaska use RCV for congresspeple. Their congresspeople are democrats and Republicans.

So how do I square the facts of reality with your claim that RSV is the solution, without filing your claim in the fiction section?

I didn't defend anything. Try to focus, you're falling apart a little bit.
LOL - stow the trolling. I can't care.
Maine and Alaska use RCV for bigresspeple. Their congresspeolle are democrats and Republicans.
??? What are you going on about? English?
So how do I square the facts of reality with your claim that RSV is the solution, without fling your claim in the fiction section?
?
Lesser-of-two-evils is a malignant force in our elections. It props up bad candidates and cons people into voting for them. RCV nullifies LO2E. I'm not saying it's "the" solution, but it's a step in the right direction.

And every single time I bring it up, the hardcore two-party goons fight it tooth and nail.

It was a typo.

And you dodged my points. Expected
I couldn't discern any "points". Care to try again?
Not in the places where it is actually used, like Maine and Alaska.
Yeah, it does get rid of LO2E. You seem fixated on RCV as a vehicle for third party candidates. That's NOT the point. In most cases, as you are pointing out, there will still be two dominant parties. But it takes away the incentive for all the fear mongering and lets people actually vote their conscience.

Again, why do you oppose it? I think there's a pretty obvious reason.

It doesn't. Settle down.

It also doesn't speak to my point at all. I described how we got here.
Not really.

Money is not much of a description of anything. Everything can be connected to money in one form or another and publicly funded elections do absolutely nothing to diminish a 2 party system.

Money has nothing to do with why we have 2 parties, our system is set up in a manner that almost necessitates it.

Not really.

Money is not much of a description of anything. Everything can be connected to money in one form or another and publicly funded elections do absolutely nothing to diminish a 2 party system.

Money has nothing to do with why we have 2 parties, our system is set up in a manner that almost necessitates it.
The win of RCV, in my view, isn't getting rid of two strong, opposed parties. And it doesn't necessarily do that. It gets rid of the lesser-of-two-evils sales pitch. It gets rid of the incentive to vote for a bad candidate to prevent another, supposedly worse, candidate from winning. There's no need for it.

Let's say, like many voters, you think that both Biden and Trump are both horrible Presidential candidates, but you think Trump would be far worse than Biden. And you believe the media when they tell you Biden is the only one who can defeat him. With RCV you can put Biden ahead of Trump, ensuring that - if all else fails - your vote will go to Biden over Trump. But you can still rank them both at the bottom, where they belong, and rank the best candidates at the top. You can show your support for the candidates you believe in, but still vote "against" the candidates you think are the worst.

Forum List

Back