Trump PRAISES General Lee at OHIO Campaign Rally = WTF?

Trump: 'Robert E. Lee was a great general'

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

WTF is Trump doing; Quaaludes, Mary Jane, both, more?
If the orange insults Jesus his minions will say amen.

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

If the orange insults Jesus his minions will say amen.
TDS run rampant these days........................Out of context Liberal warriors..........LOL

The rally was held close to Cincinnati. In the part of Ohio I'm from, we consider those folks down there as Kentuckians. If Trump was looking for trouble he could have held rally further north and spoke positively about somebody from Michigan.

Trump is actually having a rally at my college today... no way in hell I wanted to go. A great deal of students are going to protest.

The way the left sees us...........LOL
m1kbud.jpg

:abgg2q.jpg:

Yeah that was pretty dumb. I'm pretty sure that Ohio holds the record for having the number of U.S. Presidents. They are called the Mother of Presidents.

No

Virginia is referred to as the MOther of Presidents.

they tie the 'record' at 8 each

So does Ohio. I used to have this liquor bottle.

marita-spirts-1972-ohio-mother_1_7033f85a60ccb5d8f65bdc64f1d0c171.jpg
Ohio is the birthplace of 7 presidents, Virginia the birthplace of 8.

Harrison wasn't born there, tho he lived and held office there when elected.

Yeah that was pretty dumb. I'm pretty sure that Ohio holds the record for having the number of U.S. Presidents. They are called the Mother of Presidents.

No

Virginia is referred to as the MOther of Presidents.

they tie the 'record' at 8 each

So does Ohio. I used to have this liquor bottle.

marita-spirts-1972-ohio-mother_1_7033f85a60ccb5d8f65bdc64f1d0c171.jpg
Ohio is the birthplace of 7 presidents, Virginia the birthplace of 8.

Harrison wasn't born there, tho he lived and held office there when elected.

It's really hard to tell about some things in history though. Did you know there was a guy that served as President for 24 hours but isn't listed as a President? For the 24 hours he was the President he hid in his house and slept most of the time to avoid being bothered.

https://www.history.com/news/the-24-hour-president

Did you know there was a guy that served as President for 24 hours but isn't listed as a President?

Yes, tho if I were on Jeopardy, I'd not be able to name him.

some claim there were up to 7 'presidents' before Washington.

I'm a junky for watching the show Mysteries at the Museum where I learn all kinds of crazy facts. I absolutely love that show. Another cool story is the one about how the penny bank was invented. There was also the one about the doctor that did surgery to save Grover Cleveland's life by removing a tumor. Then there was one the other day about Woodrow Wilson's wife hiding the fact he was so ill he was confined to bed, and she basically ran the country without people knowing.

There are many great generals and military men throughout history. Not all of them were saints. In fact most of the historical figures were pigs at the very least if you judge them by today's standards. Thing is most of them had qualities BESIDES the bad ones and those are the qualities or traits that made them successful.

Every country or nation was founded on the back of a conquest. Are you then going to condemn every nation/country for the sins of its past alone?

Get a grip fool

You really need to grow up kid. Rommel and Von Runstedt were also great generals. Are you 12?

When was the last time a US President praised either one of them in a pep rally? Lee was no less an enemy of the country than those two

Not the point son. Lee, Rommel, Von Runstedt, hell let's ad Zhukov were ALL great Generals.

nobody has questioned that, the thread was about why Trump choose to praise Lee at his pep rally.
He was praising Grant, moron.

There are many great generals and military men throughout history. Not all of them were saints. In fact most of the historical figures were pigs at the very least if you judge them by today's standards. Thing is most of them had qualities BESIDES the bad ones and those are the qualities or traits that made them successful.

Every country or nation was founded on the back of a conquest. Are you then going to condemn every nation/country for the sins of its past alone?

Get a grip fool

The Bible says ALL humanity is judged by the sins of Adam.

You a fvcking fool?

You really need to grow up kid. Rommel and Von Runstedt were also great generals. Are you 12?

When was the last time a US President praised either one of them in a pep rally? Lee was no less an enemy of the country than those two

Not the point son. Lee, Rommel, Von Runstedt, hell let's ad Zhukov were ALL great Generals.

nobody has questioned that, the thread was about why Trump choose to praise Lee at his pep rally.

Yep; that sure sounds like someone praising Grant. Yippy.

Maybe you should learn to read past the first paragraph?

Robert E. Lee was indeed a great man. Your lack of historical knowledge and perspective does not change that. It just means you're ignnorant.

I never said Lee wasn't a great General.

You missed the point.
I never said he was a great general. I said he was a great man. And he was.

I agree; Lee was BOTH a great General & a great man.

You still missed the point of the OP.

Maybe a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong nap is in order for you.
Robert E Lee was a great General but fought to preserve slavery

I read articles to the end.

Like I said TWICE before: Trump either has a very shitty speech writer, or Trump just makes stupid shit up as he goes along.
Maybe both?

Robert E. Lee was indeed a great man. Your lack of historical knowledge and perspective does not change that. It just means you're ignnorant.

You missed the point.

He was against slavery............but would not stay out of it because the War would be fought against his neighbors and Virginia...............

He was for calm before the storm........wasn't heard........and the rest is history.

Bottom line.............this op is out of context

I read articles to the end.

Like I said TWICE before: Trump either has a very shitty speech writer, or Trump just makes stupid shit up as he goes along.
Maybe both?

Guess your link failed to report the entire speech?

""Ohio is the state that gave us a great president who hasn’t been properly recognized. William McKinley. He has not been properly recognized. What he did in terms of trade, in terms of war, but in terms of trade, and I hate to say it, in terms of being smart in tariffs, William McKinley has not been properly recognized. But maybe someday he will.

It also gave you a general who was incredible. He drank a little bit too much. You know who I’m talking about, right? So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee. He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home and said, “I can’t beat Robert E. Lee.” And he had all of his generals, they looked great, they were the top of their class at West Point, they were the greatest people. There was only one problem, they didn’t know how the hell to win. They didn’t know how to fight. They didn’t know how. And one day, it was looking really bad. And Lincoln just said, “You,” hardly knew his name. And they said, “Don’t take him. He’s got a drinking problem.” And Lincoln said, “I don’t care what problem he has, you guys aren’t winning.” And his name was Grant. General Grant. And he went in and he knocked the hell out of everyone. And you know the story. The said to Lincoln, “You can’t use him anymore, he’s an alcoholic.” And Lincoln said, “I don’t care if he’s an alcoholic, frankly, give me six or seven more just like him.”

Could they POSSIBLY have an agenda?

You missed the point.

He was against slavery............but would not stay out of it because the War would be fought against his neighbors and Virginia...............

He was for calm before the storm........wasn't heard........and the rest is history.

He fought for a country dedicated to preserve slavery

You missed the point.

He fought for a country dedicated to preserve slavery

That is the lead up to Lincoln hiring Grant, moron.

Forum List

Back