Trump PRAISES General Lee at OHIO Campaign Rally = WTF?

Trump: 'Robert E. Lee was a great general'

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

WTF is Trump doing; Quaaludes, Mary Jane, both, more?

Yeah that was pretty dumb. I'm pretty sure that Ohio holds the record for having the number of U.S. Presidents. They are called the Mother of Presidents.

No

Virginia is referred to as the MOther of Presidents.

they tie the 'record' at 8 each

So does Ohio. I used to have this liquor bottle.

marita-spirts-1972-ohio-mother_1_7033f85a60ccb5d8f65bdc64f1d0c171.jpg

I would like to see Trump join Sons of Confederate Veterans to see liberals lose their shit. But I doubt he had any male kin that were Confederate soldiers.

POTUS Trump went on an extended rant praising Civil War era Confederate General Robert E. Lee during a campaign rally before an Ohio audience.

"So Robert E. Lee was a great general. And Abraham Lincoln developed a phobia. He couldn’t beat Robert E. Lee."

"He was going crazy. I don’t know if you know this story. But Robert E. Lee was winning battle after battle after battle. And Abraham Lincoln came home, he said, 'I can’t beat Robert E. Lee,' " Trump said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems odd that Trump chose an Ohio audience to be the recipient of such a strange rant, considering that many prominent Union Army members came from Ohio, General Grant being likely the most notable.

I don't believe Ohioans know shit about Civil War history but it sure seems surreal for any POTUS to be heaping praise on General Lee in old Union Army territory. And this is going on in 2018. WTF?

You really need to grow up kid. Rommel and Von Runstedt were also great generals. Are you 12?

When was the last time a US President praised either one of them in a pep rally? Lee was no less an enemy of the country than those two

Not the point son. Lee, Rommel, Von Runstedt, hell let's ad Zhukov were ALL great Generals.

Shit, I did a paper on Rommel in high school. After all the research and reading, I'm fairly well convinced that, had Rommel been running the war rather than Hitler, we'd all be speaking German...

It was real sad how Rommel died. They took him down a road and he was forced to commit suicide.

Last edited:

There are no civil war veterans in Ohio, so it was just a discussion in Trump's Stream of Consciousness.

The greatness of Robert E. Lee has been recognized for a long time, and he was fully and posthumously exonerated in 1975 by the Liberal Congress and President Gerald R. Ford.

Lee was second in his class at West Point.

10 fascinating facts about Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant - National Constitution Center

You really need to grow up kid. Rommel and Von Runstedt were also great generals. Are you 12?

When was the last time a US President praised either one of them in a pep rally? Lee was no less an enemy of the country than those two

Not the point son. Lee, Rommel, Von Runstedt, hell let's ad Zhukov were ALL great Generals.

Shit, I did a paper on Rommel in high school. After all the research and reading, I'm fairly well convinced that, had Rommel been running the war rather than Hitler, we'd all be speaking German...

It was real sad how Rommel died. They took him down a road and was forced to commit suicide.

Rommel was a great General but he was fighting on the wrong side of history.

men make their own history but they do not make it as they choose

This was really a story about Grant and how he beat Lee when no one else could.

The fact that Lee was a Great General was true...........Grant was a drunk but when he went to battle he never stopped pushing........while other Generals always turned around.......Grant pressed the attack knowing he had superior numbers and wore Lee down til they won.

This was the story..........and give it to the left to take it out of context.......normal.

Lee was a horrible General. The only time he did well was when he had a home-field advantage with locals to advise him on battlefield advantages geography and conditions. Once he tried to penetrate the North he got his ass kicked and his incompetence became obvious.

Lee was a horrible General. The only time he did well was when he had a home-field advantage with locals to advise him on battlefield advantages geography and conditions. Once he tried to penetrate the North he got his ass kicked and his incompetence became obvious.
He kept the larger more well supplied army at bay for over 3 years..........\

In places like Fredericksburg...........the Union Command were plain idiotic............At Gettysburg Lee had a mild stroke and was incompetent in that battle.....but had his orders been followed the first day the battle would have been different............They were in position to take the hill but they didn't go........That is because General Jackson was dead and the Confederate command fell into 3 Corps instead of 2........Indecision followed as did the loss of the battle.

nobody has questioned that, the thread was about why Trump choose to praise Lee at his pep rally.

nobody has questioned that, the thread was about why Trump choose to praise Lee at his pep rally.
He didn't praise Lee.............he used it to lead up to the story of Grant............Calling Lee a Great General isn't a Lie........whether some like that or not.

Grant came from there.........so he was praising Grant for the Civil War.

/——/ Trump plays you libtards like a cheap fiddle and you don’t even know it. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

/——/ Trump plays you libtards like a cheap fiddle and you don’t even know it. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha

Trump plays himself like the 8 year old idiot he is.

Trump looked just like a third grader when EVERYONE at the UN laughed their asses off at little boy Trump.

The democrat libtards have hit a jackpot of outrage.

Trump tells the truth and praises General Lee and a Christian Pastor prays for Trump. It doesn't get better than this.

Robert E. Lee was so admired in the north he was offered command of the northern army by Lincoln.

Trump plays himself like the 8 year old idiot he is.

Trump looked just like a third grader when EVERYONE at the UN laughed their asses off at little boy Trump.
Ohhhh the UN. This would be the same UN that wants us to pay $240.00 tax per gallon of gas.

We're supposed to care what they laugh at. The UN is lucky that Trump doesn't send them packing.

I don't agree with a lot of what anyone, or anybody suggest; the UN included.

I did however find it appropriate that the whole UN assembly were LOL at 8 year old boy Trump.

And the best part? The idiot tool just went right along with it. :206:

Don't y'all be picking on the OP. Contextualism is not part of the progressiv's curriculum, just the 'cherry picking' skills are taught, lol.

The rally was held close to Cincinnati. In the part of Ohio I'm from, we consider those folks down there as Kentuckians. If Trump was looking for trouble he could have held rally further north and spoke positively about somebody from Michigan.

Forum List

Back