Trump Possibilities

:eusa_eh: I suppose it was always a possibility....

It looks like The Deal-Maker In Chief made a sweet deal with the Military Industrial Complex before the election, and is deep in negotiation with The Medical Industrial Complex.

Four years is doable for a long con... Especially considering the accommodations! ;)

As long as our congressMonkeys keep buying his shit and spending our treasure buying him guns :thup:

:eusa_think: I suppose greed is always a possibility.... Human involvement and all.....

O.k., a little over a year in, the mid-term summer is dawning and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that The Presidency appears to be changing Mr. Trump almost as much as Mr. Trump is changing The Presidency.

He's still a bully with with deepening legal problems who has a handle on little more than his staunch 35% base domestically, but he appears to be getting things done out in the world market. I think he underestimated the Iranians when he pulled out of that deal, and I think he is just plain wrong regarding the Paris Climate deal, but it warmed the cockles of my heart to witness the Chinese blink and back down when he threatened their access and I'm impressed with his dealings thus far with N. Korea.

I still don't really like Trump but he is getting some shit done and, all in all, I'm just as glad Hillary lost.

I don't see the mid-terms changing the Trump administration much - it's not like he's rubber-stamping the work of a productive congress, even with the Republicans in charge of it all. Like Obama, Trump's presidency appears to be one of executive orders and not much legislation.

:popcorn:

I'll admit it. I'm one of the people who simply could not bring myself to vote for President Elect Trump. But, just like everyone who did vote for him, I'm hopeful in the possibilities that he represents, and I will support and defend our new president.

I can't help but muse over the promise of changing Washington D.C. that created a Trump presidency and reflect on another unlikely president swept to power on the promise of Hope and Change just 8 years ago. The last two presidents are certainly not the only modern politicians who promised change, with the exception of Bush Sr vowing a third Regan term, every presidential candidate successfully running for office since Nixon promised to change things up in their own way.

Change...

The constant of the last 40 years has been a stagnant congress, with many members, especially those in leadership positions, well past retirement age and still hanging on to Gerrymandered incumbent power, dug in to The Swamp like Alabama ticks on a long-haired dog. I'm glad it's not all kumbaya and cookies between Trump and the entrenched congressional leadership, and I look forward to a popular President Trump bullying them in to motion on our behalf.

Give 'em hell, Donald. Give 'em hell.

Bullying them?

Didn't work with health care
Didn't work with the wall
Didn't really work with tax policy; the Congress was there already
Both branches of government have been mute on addressing rampage/school shootings
Between 10 and 30 thousand US citizens in Puerto Rico are still without power 8 months after Hurricane Maria...no action is coming from Washing to address it.

I hope the next 2 years are more effective than the previous two.

Me too cc. Me too.

Wouldn't it be ironic for a Trump administration and a Democratic congress to break the legislative log-jam in D.C.?

I've been angry. :uhh:

I asked The Donald to "give 'em hell" without defining "them" very well, so it's my own damn fault.

To be fair, it turns out that there are a few things that Trump has done as POTUS that I applaud, and applaud loudly.

China for one.

:thup: Kudos, Mr. President.
And may I add: 'bout fucking time. :thewave:

`

NATO too. Policing The World turns out to be pretty expensive for taxpayers as well as profitable for several World Wide Industrial Complexes, not just Weapons and Ammo.

:eusa_eh: Huh.
Turns out that President Eisenhower was either God, had a direct line to God, or actually was just the smartest guy in the room, President of These United States, and still with a voice to small to pull back the money and shed light on the unnatural sex that was beginning to grunt and rustle between Politics and Industry.

January 17, 1961

Facts are facts - The Republican Tax Cuts only add fuel to the fire.

Fair and simple taxes NOW!!!

Immigration is a bitch right now. Even the most bleeding of Our Hearts would have to be blind not to see the wall of desperate humanity flooding north in this hemisphere. Not recognizing the problem for what it is is worse than The Trump approach.

I do NOT envy President Trump the task of Immigration, but he is barking up the wrong God Damned tree.

The ONLY way to stop the flood of people clamoring to get in to the US right now is to fix the fucking shitholes that these people are coming from. They are people and they are scared. Even the most hard of Our Hearts would have to be blind not to see them for the desperate people that they are. These are not the criminals. The criminals are the ass-holes who're chasing the desperate off at gunpoint.

I don't know where We're spending the bazillions in Defense $pending that We, The Peeps have $pent in just my lifetime, but we should have been using it to provide basic security for everyone living on the Planetary Land Mass that we all share first, then the world.

Yeah, the rest of The World. No kudos there. :talktothehand:

I'll be glad when The Good 'Ol U.S.A is known as "The World's Firefighters" instead of 'The World's Police'... Cops are necessary, because, well... let's face facts... Cops are necessary, but there's a problem.

You see, no matter what your involvement in the drama that attracted them is, everyone gets nervous when the cops show up... but when you see that big red truck coming down the street with lights flashing and paramedics on their tail, you know that your bad day is about to get better. Help is on the way. Professional help. People with the tools and the talent to get shit going straight again.

Sorry... I rant because I'm angry.

Policy differences aside, why does Trump have to be such a dick about it? :hmpf:

Forum List

Back