Trump Possibilities

I hope all who voted for him, find themselves with an illness and without a job, and their cobra runs out,
and then come and cry us a river. Remember at any given time you can get cancer or break a leg, shattered. Forget disability as you can sit and work.

You had the nerve to vote for a man who wants to take away healthcare from many , I hope someday you can know how that experience feel.

Oh, I do know how that feels. I'm 56 years old and I've had healthcare coverage my entire adult life until that big-eared Commie put his idiotic plot in play, now I have none. So yes, I do know what it's like when somebody takes your healthcare away.

I hope all who voted for him, find themselves with an illness and without a job, and their cobra runs out,
and then come and cry us a river. Remember at any given time you can get cancer or break a leg, shattered. Forget disability as you can sit and work.

You had the nerve to vote for a man who wants to take away healthcare from many , I hope someday you can know how that experience feel.

Oh, I do know how that feels. I'm 56 years old and I've had healthcare coverage my entire adult life until that big-eared Commie put his idiotic plot in play, now I have none. So yes, I do know what it's like when somebody takes your healthcare away.

How is that? Very curious.

I'll admit it. I'm one of the people who simply could not bring myself to vote for President Elect Trump. But, just like everyone who did vote for him, I'm hopeful in the possibilities that he represents, and I will support and defend our new president.

I can't help but muse over the promise of changing Washington D.C. that created a Trump presidency and reflect on another unlikely president swept to power on the promise of Hope and Change just 8 years ago. The last two presidents are certainly not the only modern politicians who promised change, with the exception of Bush Sr vowing a third Regan term, every presidential candidate successfully running for office since Nixon promised to change things up in their own way.

Change...

The constant of the last 40 years has been a stagnant congress, with many members, especially those in leadership positions, well past retirement age and still hanging on to Gerrymandered incumbent power, dug in to The Swamp like Alabama ticks on a long-haired dog. I'm glad it's not all kumbaya and cookies between Trump and the entrenched congressional leadership, and I look forward to a popular President Trump bullying them in to motion on our behalf.

Give 'em hell, Donald. Give 'em hell.
Who the fuck did you vote for????

Myself.
Then don't bitch.....

What part of my contributions to this thread sounds like bitching?

Please be specific.....
:popcorn:

We'll see.

I'm interested in seeing how many ruling class neocons end up infesting his administration.
That would be VERY disappointing. I know Newt is being talked about which sucks but I understand why Trump likes him.
Newt, Ghouliani, Christie, Pence is one of them. If Trump is as smart in politics as in business, he'll keep a close eye on the ruling class schlubbs who'll be hitting him up for jobs.

Because my employer like so many others found a way to get out of providing health insurance. Prior to Commie Care, employers would never dream of dropping that benefit because they feared their most valuable employees leaving for another company that did have those benefits.

Thanks to Commie Care, it doesn't pay to look for another job and start from the bottom all over again, because that new company may very well follow suit and drop their coverage as well. Commie Care gives them that option.

I enjoyed the speech last night, and I remain cautiously optimistic regarding the Trump Presidency, in spite of the vagueness of his monologue.

It was nice to see the republicans in the audience clapping and squirming almost as much as the democrats were seen squirming and clapping.

The proof will be in the details that the legislators on both sides of the aisle come up with and Trumps willingness to compromise for the sake of bill passage.

I still say that the president matters little - if you want real change in Washington D.C. - change congress.

Because my employer like so many others found a way to get out of providing health insurance. Prior to Commie Care, employers would never dream of dropping that benefit because they feared their most valuable employees leaving for another company that did have those benefits.

Thanks to Commie Care, it doesn't pay to look for another job and start from the bottom all over again, because that new company may very well follow suit and drop their coverage as well. Commie Care gives them that option.

True, even if one didn't like their job, HI was a big thing, esp if someone had a chronic medical condition. If one left for another employer, they most likely would not be hired due to said chronic condition or age. Many employers used part time help, less than hours needed to qualify for HI, some of us were alive before the ACA. Such is why there was a need for the ACA, an increase in employers not offering health insurance, freelancers , IC's, and those who didn't want to work in the same jobs for decades.

Art from 2002
Hard Decisions For Employers As Costs Soar In Health Care

Last edited:

True, even if one didn't like their job, HI was a big thing, esp if someone had a chronic medical condition. If one left for another employer, they most likely would not be hired due to said chronic condition or age. Many employers used part time help, less than hours needed to qualify for HI, some of us were alive before the ACA. Such is why there was a need for the ACA, an increase in employers not offering health insurance, freelancers , IC's, and those who didn't want to work in the same jobs for decades.

Art from 2002

Which is something I hope the Republicans think of.

They want people to have affordable healthcare, and they want businesses to get tax breaks. Why not combine the two issues into one?

If the Republicans come out with an attractive tax incentive for employers that do provide healthcare benefits, you could kill two birds with one stone. Businesses would get that tax cut they want and we could go back to the way it was before where employers were the top provider of health insurance. They don't have to cover it 100%, but have a standard that they must meet to get their tax reduction, maybe 50/50 between employer and employee at the minimum. For those that don't want to provide coverage, your taxes will remain the same.

I enjoyed the speech last night, and I remain cautiously optimistic regarding the Trump Presidency, in spite of the vagueness of his monologue.

It was nice to see the republicans in the audience clapping and squirming almost as much as the democrats were seen squirming and clapping.

The proof will be in the details that the legislators on both sides of the aisle come up with and Trumps willingness to compromise for the sake of bill passage.

I still say that the president matters little - if you want real change in Washington D.C. - change congress.

Honest question.

Have you listened to any of the Trump rally speeches since the election?

Art from 2002

They want people to have affordable healthcare, and they want businesses to get tax breaks. Why not combine the two issues into one?

If the Republicans come out with an attractive tax incentive for employers that do provide healthcare benefits, you could kill two birds with one stone. Businesses would get that tax cut they want and we could go back to the way it was before where employers were the top provider of health insurance. They don't have to cover it 100%, but have a standard that they must meet to get their tax reduction, maybe 50/50 between employer and employee at the minimum. For those that don't want to provide coverage, your taxes will remain the same.

I don't care what businesses do anymore. Many workers do not have healthcare, and I see the GOP raised full time to 40 hours instead of 30, so I guess Cruz can remember the numbers 39ers now, just work too few hours for HI, and not full time, he surely remembered the 29ers when the ACA stated full time was 30 hours a week.

Its too late, many do not have healthcare at work, and haven't for decades, but many large corps do. Many people are freelancers and IC's, so its best to have healthcare portable and the same in each state.

Too late for the Republicans to do anything, many now know what its like to have health insurance and not worry. Tell the insurance companies to get in the exchanges or die a slow death is what the GOP should do.

I'm very cautiously optimistic. I remember that the Bush cabal did to Reagan behind his back.

That's the political attitude that NEEDS to change.

It's not an "us vs them" game.
What needs to change is that people need to remain vigilant. The "us vs them" game is being played by the Washington ruling class against the rest of us.
I'm hoping this is where a person like Trump can force the changes an establishment rep or dem can't. Cut the hell out of the EPA, it's gotten out of control. Gut the Department of Education, it's out of control. I'm looking for Trumps success to be based more on the garbage he cuts rather than new things he adds. It's a perfect situation and if he does well I think he will be the first in a long time to actually gain more seats in the congress and senate rather than losing them.

I'll admit it. I'm one of the people who simply could not bring myself to vote for President Elect Trump. But, just like everyone who did vote for him, I'm hopeful in the possibilities that he represents, and I will support and defend our new president.

I can't help but muse over the promise of changing Washington D.C. that created a Trump presidency and reflect on another unlikely president swept to power on the promise of Hope and Change just 8 years ago. The last two presidents are certainly not the only modern politicians who promised change, with the exception of Bush Sr vowing a third Regan term, every presidential candidate successfully running for office since Nixon promised to change things up in their own way.

Change...

The constant of the last 40 years has been a stagnant congress, with many members, especially those in leadership positions, well past retirement age and still hanging on to Gerrymandered incumbent power, dug in to The Swamp like Alabama ticks on a long-haired dog. I'm glad it's not all kumbaya and cookies between Trump and the entrenched congressional leadership, and I look forward to a popular President Trump bullying them in to motion on our behalf.

Give 'em hell, Donald. Give 'em hell.

Well said. Thanks.

He may not let you die on the edge of the road, but lets see if he sends a car for you.

Health Care is a right, same as education. After all what good is education , without healthcare.

Most of you have voted to screw yourself, how does it feel?

You know what? I hope we get rid of obiecare so you never have to deal with the shit we've had to. We had the exact insurance plan and savings accounts we needed when my wife got sick. Everything we needed was covered, we had no extra crap we were paying for that we would never need such as pregnancy, infant care etc.

We had a plan costing us a third of what it does now due to obiecare. We had a deductable of 1,500 bucks a year, it's now 5,000. Her meds were 20 dollars, now they are 50.

We didn't screw ourselves you arrogant fuck. You and your democrat party did. So how would it feel if obiecare went the way of the dodo bird LIKE WE VOTED FOR? It would feel pretty damn good and we would be grateful for it.

He may not let you die on the edge of the road, but lets see if he sends a car for you.

Health Care is a right, same as education. After all what good is education , without healthcare.

You know what? I hope we get rid of obiecare so you never have to deal with the shit we've had to. We had the exact insurance plan and savings accounts we needed when my wife got sick. Everything we needed was covered, we had no extra crap we were paying for that we would never need such as pregnancy, infant care etc.

We had a plan costing us a third of what it does now due to obiecare. We had a deductable of 1,500 bucks a year, it's now 5,000. Her meds were 20 dollars, now they are 50.

We didn't screw ourselves you arrogant fuck. You and your democrat party did. So how would it feel if obiecare went the way of the dodo bird LIKE WE VOTED FOR? It would feel pretty damn good and we would be grateful for it.

Exactly. They ask us how we would feel about all these people losing their insurance, but nobody gave a shit about the people that lost their insurance because of Commie Care. We didn't count. The Democrats never addressed it, they never brought it up, it was just too bad for you likely Republican voters. Now die if you can't afford Commie Care.

Art from 2002

I don't care what businesses do anymore. Many workers do not have healthcare, and I see the GOP raised full time to 40 hours instead of 30, so I guess Cruz can remember the numbers 39ers now, just work too few hours for HI, and not full time, he surely remembered the 29ers when the ACA stated full time was 30 hours a week.

Its too late, many do not have healthcare at work, and haven't for decades, but many large corps do. Many people are freelancers and IC's, so its best to have healthcare portable and the same in each state.

Too late for the Republicans to do anything, many now know what its like to have health insurance and not worry. Tell the insurance companies to get in the exchanges or die a slow death is what the GOP should do.

Okay, well did you ever ask yourself why employers kept their employees under full-time (whatever it may be)? That's right, because in order for businesses to avoid the fine, they had to keep under 50 full-time employees at their business.

Exactly. They ask us how we would feel about all these people losing their insurance, but nobody gave a shit about the people that lost their insurance because of Commie Care. We didn't count. The Democrats never addressed it, they never brought it up, it was just too bad for you likely Republican voters. Now die if you can't afford Commie Care.
Yep. millions of people losing their doctors and health plans was just a price that needed to be paid to get this socialist bullshit rolling. Fuck 'em. But now they are suddenly concerned that someone may lose a current government paid for plan.

I can't tell you how bad I hate liberals.

Honest question.

Have you listened to any of the Trump rally speeches since the election?

Honest answer:

Other than the debates and the sound bites from the campaign that made the mainstream news and the 'net, I've not heard much.

I like getting the truth from reading the varied posts here at USMB ;)

Art from 2002

There are two incompatible answers:

1. A truly free market where people can purchase their healthcare coverage from multiple private insurance companies who compete with each other across state lines and who are NOT allowed to merge with each other or buy each other out.

2. Allow everyone to buy Medicare at a rate based solely on the age they are when buy in.

Untying our health care coverage from our employment will foment a certain freedom, but it will also demand a certain responsibility.

I'm very cautiously optimistic. I remember that the Bush cabal did to Reagan behind his back.

That's the political attitude that NEEDS to change.

It's not an "us vs them" game.
What needs to change is that people need to remain vigilant. The "us vs them" game is being played by the Washington ruling class against the rest of us.
I'm hoping this is where a person like Trump can force the changes an establishment rep or dem can't. Cut the hell out of the EPA, it's gotten out of control. Gut the Department of Education, it's out of control. I'm looking for Trumps success to be based more on the garbage he cuts rather than new things he adds. It's a perfect situation and if he does well I think he will be the first in a long time to actually gain more seats in the congress and senate rather than losing them.

Cutting and gutting is not the answer... the answer is reasonable regulations and effective investment in education.

Just like taxes: The answer is no more cutting taxes than it is raising taxes - the answer is a fair and simple tax code.

All that cutting and gutting will accomplish is to create expensive chaos.

The answer is worrying less about party, ideology and political credit and working toward solutions.

True change requires changing congress.

The ACA was and is a piece of political shit designed mostly to protect insurance industry profits above all else, with a couple of consumer protections thrown in to make it saleable. Obama should have told Nancy to stick it where the sun don't shine and come back with something that wasn't written by and for the insurance industry.

Too bad the congress didn't spend the last 8 years listening to their constituents and fixing what they could.

Forum List

Back