Trump pledges to protect Americans and end birthright citizenship by executive order on day one.

Michigan is a open primary state. I think a lot of Democrat turned out and voted for Trump. The turnout was low in each of these states and Clinton did not have a good ground game.
Clinton never touched the ground in fly over states. Like WI.

I take the words at their face value.

You are the one that is stuck on trying to assume intent.

What this does is open up the same Amendments for future reinterpretation based on a new opinion of what the intent was.

You will be the one squealing like a stuck pig when a future SCOTUS reinterprets the 2nd based on their view of the intent.
I am not assuming intent. I know the history of the Constitution. You're denying history because you have an agenda. The reason for the slavery amendments. Somehow 5 lawyers found same-sex marriage in the 14th Amendment. I'm sure the authors would be totally surprised by that.

So, when people cross the border illegally and they kill someone, they are not subject to our laws?

This begs another question. How can a unborn fetus be subject to the jurisdiction of any nation? They are not subject to any jurisdiction until they are born.

sure you dumb fk

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
Doesn’t get much clearer

This begs another question. How can a unborn fetus be subject to the jurisdiction of any nation? They are not subject to any jurisdiction until they are born.

Kill a pregnant woman and see if that holds up

What are you talking
about ? Explain yourself… with links

Everyone who works legally pays SS taxes.

Wealth inequality in this nation is growing. The wealthy are getting wealthier and the taxes they are paying is nowhere near this. They are not paying their fair share.

The wealthy pay statistically "all" of the taxes.

Trump MUST get back to his roots, get REAL aggressive and really grind on the issue of illegal immigration. “Build That Wall” won him the Oval Office in 2016 and he’ll win again on the same sentiment.
NO legitimate American thinks this nation needs one more illiterate thirdworlder or one more litter of silver tooth anchor babies.
The brown people are gonna git ya BL! Watch your back!

I am not assuming intent. I know the history of the Constitution. You're denying history because you have an agenda. The reason for the slavery amendments. Somehow 5 lawyers found same-sex marriage in the 14th Amendment. I'm sure the authors would be totally surprised by that.

Lots of people know the history of the Constitution and not everyone agrees with your opinion of the intent.

But the words are not open to that problem, they are damn clear.

2016 was not. That is why Trump won states like Michigan and Pennsylvania.
what the F are you talking about 2016 was not a low voter turn out.

In 2016, 61.4 percent of the citizen voting-age population reported voting, a number not statistically different from the 61.8 percent who reported voting in 2012.

Lots of people know the history of the Constitution and not everyone agrees with your opinion of the intent.

But the words are not open to that problem, they are damn clear.
A husband and wife cross the border illegally and the wife gives birth in the USA. Do you believe their child is automatically a US citizen and now the entire family should be allowed to live here?

A husband and wife cross the border illegally and the wife gives birth in the USA. Do you believe their child is automatically a US citizen and now the entire family should be allowed to live here?
The child is a US Citizen, but no, that doesn't automatically give anyone besides the child the right to stay here.

You are the one ignoring history. When the amendment was debated in the Senate, it was assumed that anyone who is born in the US and was not a diplomat was a American citizen automatically. The sponsor of that amendment did not dispute this. Whether the founding fathers would or would not be surprised by same sex marriage is irrelevant. The equal protection clause clearly dictates equal treatment for Americans. Only right wing fascists disagree.

Forum List

Back