Trump out bidding States for medical supplies

Who says that the feds weren't biding in leu of attaining those products for the poorer states who needed those products, and yet would have been out bidded by the richer states which prompted the actions of the fed ???

Who says they were? Just the same what is the purpose for the federal government to bid against a state? They shouldn't be competing against each other at all. The federal government if it weren't panic reacting would have already been playing a leadership role as opposed to playing catch up because you know who gave one of many bad answers at a press conference and got called out.
Translation - My TDS is getting worse.

Wingnuts always say TDS when they don't have a response.

Why would the federal government bid against a state when the president told them to procure their own equipment?
Depends on the overall states response I'm guessing.

The states response was to go buy some equipment because the president told them the feds aren't going to do it. The federal government should have coordinated this from the beginning.
And it all fell apart I'm guessing, so the feds stepped in ??

Who says they were? Just the same what is the purpose for the federal government to bid against a state? They shouldn't be competing against each other at all. The federal government if it weren't panic reacting would have already been playing a leadership role as opposed to playing catch up because you know who gave one of many bad answers at a press conference and got called out.

Why would the federal government bid against a state when the president told them to procure their own equipment?

The states response was to go buy some equipment because the president told them the feds aren't going to do it. The federal government should have coordinated this from the beginning.

The 50 states each attempting to procure equipment and the president telling them to do as much? Of course that's going to fail, should have never been that way in the first place.

The 50 states each attempting to procure equipment and the president telling them to do as much? Of course that's going to fail, should have never been that way in the first place.
So the president wanted to recognize states sovereignty and their rights, so sue him for it like a demoncrat loves to do for anything and everything. And thanks for letting us know how stupid the states and their governments are. LOL

So the president wanted to recognize states sovereignty and their rights, so sue him for it like a demoncrat loves to do for anything and everything. And thanks for letting us know how stupid the states and their governments are. LOL

It was a mistake an obvious one.

Can we get Cuomo to do the national updates instead of Trump? I've never been a big fan of the governor of New York but that guy is stepping up.

Trump is just running things like a crime boss. It's not new.
Nothing wrong with the style as long as it's not criminal. We needed a tough guy in that job after all the weak aces that had come before him.
^ he says, as America collapses
Collapses into something better and stronger, so hang in there.
Like what? If the US collapses what exactly do you think it will look like that could be better or stronger?
Can't say... The left is in the room. You know how they are. All I can say is MAGA. LOL.

Where do you think the chaos and anarchy was coming from ?? Wup, done said to much.

Ok, just saying that if we can get this nation back to what it's original intent was (minus a few past problems that were created long ago by men who thought they could enslave other men), then we would be much better off, and much stronger afterwards. Have you not been on the Trump train ?? Have you not seen the attacks when he tried to make something better or better again in this country ?? Have you not seen the rabid responses to anything he has done, even when it helped to bring back jobs, helped the military, end long deployments, bring back manufacturing, lower unemployment rates, deal with rogue powers, create better trade deals, eliminate bad ones, right to try, stabilize job markets, speak out against heinous acts, expose corruption, and on and on and on and on it goes ???? You know I can't believe you asked me this question really.
T rump is a fucking idiot. I ave seen the stress on the farmers. Thanks to Trump.

Manufacturing is sliding thanks to Trump

Deficits are skyrocketing (before the Trump virus), thanks to Trump.

He has accomplished nothing with the rogue powers.

He has set this nation back 4 years in our fight against climate change

He sat on his fat ass while this virus engulfs us.

He destroyed trade deals & made no trade deals that did anything.(Renaming NAFTA does not count)

Trump has done nothing to help this country. He has done plenty to help himself.

The worst thing Trump did was convince assholes like you that he is a stable genius who needs no advisors because he knows more than everybody.

Trump has let the door open to this pandemic & we will now see job losses worse that the Bush recession and maybe a two trillion plus deficit.

Thanks to dumb shits who knew Trump was an incompetent fool & elected him anyway. Fuck you people. May the virus be with you all.

If only we had a leader instead of a lying fool as President

During the press conference, the Gov of MA phoned in to ask why their State keeps getting outbid for medical supplies by the federal government. First Trump tells the States to quit whining & buy their own supplies & then out bids them for these suppliers.

This seems to imply a couple of things.

Are manufacturers putting their supplies to a bidding war? Isn't this illegal? Using a crisis to price gouge?

Does the feds know that they are outbidding the States

Where is the feds sending these supplies

WE need to audit these manufacturers to see where their output is going.

The federal government should have been buying medical supplies and then coordinating and distributing with the states. This would avoid bidding wars as well as allowing poorer states to get their hands on some product so they aren't outbid by the more well off who will just buy the company out of stock.
Had the buyers been communicating a bidding war would never have happened...

You want the 50 states to coordinate the purchasing of medical equipment among themselves with the manufactures? Do you realize what an obvious mess that would be? The federal government should be doing this is a simple matter of efficiency but we don't appear to have a federal government capable of doing that right now.
No. Just the opposite.

The Feds should not be involved at all.

We do. Only the losers in the rank and file think they know what is best.

Isn't that the usual metric from the left?

We do. Only the losers in the rank and file think they know what is best.

Isn't that the usual metric from the left?
Trump the great leader!!!!!! Don't worry about the virus. It will blow ever when it gets warmer & the risk is low....as we prepare to borrow two trillion to fight the effects of that same virus.

Wow, what a great leader.

During the press conference, the Gov of MA phoned in to ask why their State keeps getting outbid for medical supplies by the federal government. First Trump tells the States to quit whining & buy their own supplies & then out bids them for these suppliers.

Are manufacturers putting their supplies to a bidding war? Isn't this illegal? Using a crisis to price gouge?

The federal government should have been buying medical supplies and then coordinating and distributing with the states. This would avoid bidding wars as well as allowing poorer states to get their hands on some product so they aren't outbid by the more well off who will just buy the company out of stock.
Had the buyers been communicating a bidding war would never have happened...

You want the 50 states to coordinate the purchasing of medical equipment among themselves with the manufactures? Do you realize what an obvious mess that would be? The federal government should be doing this is a simple matter of efficiency but we don't appear to have a federal government capable of doing that right now.
No. Just the opposite.

The Feds should not be involved at all.

I disagree for the reasons I mentioned above. But it now looks like they are and it caused even further confusion. I guess you'll magically be OK with the federal government being involved going forward.

Hey Pogo another thread with no link in the OP.

Bite me.

I wrote about a TV current event.

Bite me.

I wrote about a TV current event.
Pogo goes ballistic when an OP doesn’t have a link...........sometimes.

"President Donald Trump’s directive for governors to buy their own medical supplies to fight the coronavirus has run into a big problem -- the federal government.

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker told Trump during a video conference on Thursday that his state three times lost out to the federal government on purchases of critical supplies, creating an awkward moment during the made-for-TV event at Federal Emergency Management Agency headquarters in Washington."
...........................................................................................................................................
Governors across the nation slam federal coronavirus response: ‘We didn’t take this seriously’
...........................................................................................................................................
Telling the states to independently forage for supplies has created a bidding war between the states and the federal government. What should have happened is the federal government coordinating the distribution of supplies based on immediate need. BECAUSE EVEN NOW THERE IS STILL A SHORTAGE OF SUPPLIES.
......................................................................................................................................
Critical supplies shortage hampers hospitals, health providers

"Hospitals and health care providers don’t have enough of the critical supplies needed to protect doctors and nurses from the coronavirus, and governors say the Trump administration isn’t doing enough to help.

Lawmakers in New Jersey, Washington state and Maryland say they have only received a fraction of the protective equipment they requested from a national stockpile of medical supplies managed by the federal government.

Meanwhile, nurses, doctors and other health care workers all around the country are being told to ration the gear that protects them from the virus, raising questions about the risk posed to those on the front lines of the pandemic."
......................................................................................................................................................
Trump's laissez faire attitude about the pandemic Testing blunders crippled US response as coronavirus spread
not only lead to a shortage of supplies, it has caused a chaotic situation regarding their dispersal.

It's been an epic failure of leadership from day one.

FORE!

1585307875244.png

The frantic search for medical supplies has states begging for answers

(CNN)The absence of coherent guidelines from the White House has created a battle among states and hospitals, which have been hooked into bidding wars over key provisions to combat the coronavirus pandemic, driving up their prices and raising worries that regions in desperate need of immediate aid, like New York City, could be squeezed out and patients left to die.
What is not working, political and public health leaders on the front lines say, is the current, scattershot approach which appears to rely on shaky verbal commitments from major companies, which can turn around and shop for higher prices, and rich individuals, who do not have a clear view of where the greatest need for life-saving equipment resides.

The search for resources and provisions has grown increasingly frantic over the past few days, as Trump refuses to exercise his powers under the Defense Production Act, which allows him almost unilateral authority to redirect private industry toward work in the public interest. By leaving the supply chain open to such a wide variety of potential buyers, including the federal government itself, the officials tasked with providing tools to health care workers are being either outbid or overrun by competing interests.

Forum List

Back