trump LIES about saving Ford plant

Perhaps this is what Trump was referring to...

------------------

Within the next two years, Ford will no longer build any small cars in the United States, the automaker said Wednesday.
Production of the Ford (F) Focus and C-Max, the only small cars Ford still assembles in the United States, will be moved to Mexico, according to a Ford spokeswoman. Ford has previously said it was opening a new plant in Mexico that would employ 2,800 workers there.

The Ford Fiesta subcompact is already being assembled in Mexico. The high-performance Ford Focus RS is made in Germany.

Ford moving all small car production to Mexico

From 2 days ago.

DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. CEO Mark Fields says the presidential election won't change the company's plans to move small car production to Mexico.

Ford CEO says production plans on track despite election

And this has nothing to do with the Ford Truck factory in Ohio or the Lincoln SUv factory in Kentucky, but I do hope the small car production stays in America.

I am sure they will be offered incentives to stay...such as a drop in Corporate tax rate to 15%

HUH?

I can not believe it when people complain that I use a font size 7

Second posting.

Reuters

Ford spokeswoman Christin Baker said late on Thursday the automaker "confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly plant will stay in Kentucky."

I was responding to the article about small car production possibly moving to Mexico.

Lincoln SUVs are not small cars.

There are 3 plants being discussed in this thread

Ford Trucks
Ford Small Cars
Lincoln SUVs

Perhaps this what Trump was referring to...

------------------

Within the next two years, Ford will no longer build any small cars in the United States, the automaker said Wednesday.
Production of the Ford (F) Focus and C-Max, the only small cars Ford still assembles in the United States, will be moved to Mexico, according to a Ford spokeswoman. Ford has previously said it was opening a new plant in Mexico that would employ 2,800 workers there.

The Ford Fiesta subcompact is already being assembled in Mexico. The high-performance Ford Focus RS is made in Germany.

No, because as I already posted, Ford already said they plan on going forward with their small car production in Mexico... two days ago.

From 2 days ago.

DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. CEO Mark Fields says the presidential election won't change the company's plans to move small car production to Mexico.

And this has nothing to do with the Ford Truck factory in Ohio or the Lincoln SUv factory in Kentucky, but I do hope the small car production stays in America.

I am sure they will be offered incentives to stay...such as a drop in Corporate tax rate to 15%

HUH?

I can not believe it when people complain that I use a font size 7

Second posting.

Reuters

Ford spokeswoman Christin Baker said late on Thursday the automaker "confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly plant will stay in Kentucky."

I was responding to the article about small car production possibly moving to Mexico.

Lincoln SUVs are not small cars.

There are 3 plants being discussed in this thread

Ford Trucks
Ford Small Cars
Lincoln SUVs

Ok, so let's break it down.

Ford Trucks, plans were already in the works for a couple of years to have the plant in Ohio. Trump was not responsible for that.

Ford Small Cars, Ford is building two plants in Mexico... Ford's CEO came out and said despite tariff threats from Trump, they are still going to do it.

Lincoln plant, Trump says he talked to Ford CEO and that the plant is staying in Kentucky... he took credit for it, yet Ford had already said due to the Unions they probably wouldn't be able to close any plants, and didn't plan on doing so.

That "spreadsheet" is full of information nobody can understand. You attempt to overwhelm the reader with information in lieu of an argument. You basically argued

"Trump outsourced his jobs so you shouldn't believe anything he says."

There went your thread.

Complied by Repub leaning Our Principles PAC.

But its not as though you don't already know that trump refuses to buy anything made in the US. If you were honest, you would admit that's why you voted for him.

------------------

No, because as I already posted, Ford already said they plan on going forward with their small car production in Mexico... two days ago.

You've made a lot of silly comments in this thread, one was actually funny.. Alas, you're word can't be taken seriously and your judgement is basically crap. You should get a job working for CNN or MSNBC...

------------------

You've made a lot of silly comments in this thread, one was actually funny.. Alas, you're word can't be taken seriously and your judgement is basically crap. You should get a job working for CNN or MSNBC...

What's so silly? Every comment I make I have a source to back it up.

That "spreadsheet" is full of information nobody can understand. You attempt to overwhelm the reader with information in lieu of an argument. You basically argued

There went your thread.

Complied by Repub leaning Our Principles PAC.

But its not as though you don't already know that trump refuses to buy anything made in the US. If you were honest, you would admit that's why you voted for him.
Gee Dudley Luddite....like what?

From what I can gather Ford is going to retool an existing plant and build a new one or two in Mexico that will attract a 35% Tariff with which to pay for food stamps for the needy. Why wouldn't Ford reconsider and build the Plant in the US and bypass the middle man by creating NEW JOBS in the US?? Works for me. heheheh'

Greg

I'm not at all surprised but only a coward and a liar blames the source when they cannot prove otherwise.

Fine. Cite a better source. Cite a credible source saying the exact same thing.

While pretending there are no other sources posted, you very carefully ignore this.

:dig:

Lol. You very carefully ignored this:

There went your thread.

------------------

Consider that Trump was referring to what I linked, perhaps review the link and do further research before discounting it.

------------------

Consider that Trump was referring to what I linked, perhaps review the link and do further research before discounting it.

Your article is from September... the article I linked is from TWO days ago.

------------------

The bottom line is .. the, "new" car plant in Mexico will employ mostly Mexicans .. not Americans.

The bottom line is .. the, "new" car plant in Mexico will employ mostly Mexicans .. not Americans.

I never argued that. I'm just saying that Trump hasn't changed anything. He's taking credit for something that was already going to happen.

All it says is you CAN'T FUCKING READ. From OP article:

Reuters quoted CEO Mark Fields as saying, “We’re going forward with our plan to move production of the Ford Focus to Mexico, and importantly that’s to make room for two very important products we’ll be putting back into Michigan plants. There will be no job impact whatsoever with this move.”

Small car production moving, but plants are not closing.

Reuters

The Donald hasn't taken over yet - but is busy behind the scenes helping us out.

Attaboy

:flameth::flameth::flameth::flameth:

Dumbass, how did president elect Trump manage to do that on Dec1 2015?

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...-$1.3-billion-upgrade-of-kentucky-truck-plant

I never argued that. I'm just saying that Trump hasn't changed anything. He's taking credit for something that was already going to happen.

Yup, quite a mix-up in this thread...

"I think he is talking about the big truck Ford plant... the one that was planning on not moving to Mexico long before Trump was elected." Lewdog

As I recall it's more difficult to make a profit on small car production than trucks and larger vehicles... My guess is that Trump is aware of this and your original, "think" was faulty.

Yup, quite a mix-up in this thread...

"I think he is talking about the big truck Ford plant... the one that was planning on not moving to Mexico long before Trump was elected." Lewdog

As I recall it's more difficult to make a profit on small car production than trucks and larger vehicles... My guess is that Trump is aware of this and your original, "think" was faulty.

There is several things going on in this thread, but I summed it up with another post that you are ignoring.

The Truck plant is staying in Ohio.

The small car plants are being built in Mexico even if Trump puts up a large tariff.

The Lincoln plant was already being kept in Kentucky... and Ford had said that because of Unions it wouldn't be closing any American plants. Trump just took credit for something that was already happening.

All these have been backed up by sources.

So now tell me how I'm not credible?

Forum List

Back