Trump Jr posts something NOT stupid (tuition)

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Well it was bound to happen. Trump Jr posts a reasonable take on something. Yea he missed the mark on tone but the content was generally right.

There are much better uses of money than loan forgiveness for a group that is statistically much better off than the average American without a degree and loan.

I’m for means testing some loan relief for hardship but not waving loans. You just put the burden of paying it back on people less fortunate than a college grad with a loan. Yes we need to address affordability but start by ending federal loans to “for profit” schools.

Every post since has been trash.

Well it was bound to happen. Trump Jr posts a reasonable take on something. Yea he missed the mark on tone but the content was generally right.

There are much better uses of money than loan forgiveness for a group that is statistically much better off than the average American without a degree and loan.

I’m for means testing some loan relief for hardship but not waving loans. You just put the burden of paying it back on people less fortunate than a college grad with a loan. Yes we need to address affordability but start by ending federal loans to “for profit” schools.

Well, he's one up on you then.

If your student loan, ostensibly for "higher education", doesn't have enough value for you to pay it back yourself, what makes you think it is worth enough for me to pay it back for you?

Bastard leeches taking out student loans to delay/avoid becoming responsible adults need to just fuck off.

Last edited:

The colleges charge to much, so they get a reprieve of 10,000 of their student loans, its too high, they are working at making colleges more affordable.

I think there are a lot of parents (*ahem*) and students who worked hard and paid their way over the last 30 years who would be pretty annoyed by this.

It really blows my mind, how often politicians and partisans don't look both ways before they cross the street. They just don't consider the downsides to their actions.

I think there are a lot of parents (*ahem*) and students who worked hard and paid their way over the last 30 years who would be pretty annoyed by this.

It really blows my mind, how often politicians and partisans don't look both ways before they cross the street. They just don't consider the downsides to their actions.
Unfortunately college tuition has become a scam for many Americans. Students has been sold the idea that a college degree is a ticket to a good income. They often pile on enormous debt to obtain a degree that fails to deliver.

My wife and I put two kids through college and both have succeeded nicely. However they have many friends struggling to make ends meet, thanks to suffocating student loan debt.

I say relieve them of these debts for the good of the country. We blow huge sums on war machines that do nothing for us, let alone all the other stupid shit our government wastes money on.

Not to mention the 65% of Americans who do not have a college degree and are often made to feel stupid because of it.

Not to mention the 65% of Americans who do not have a college degree and are often made to feel stupid because of it.
This is not good thinking. We make poor and MC Americans suffer because others chose a different path or others were able to afford bloated college costs. Not smart. Vengeful.

Remember the GI Bill after WWII? It did wonderful things for millions of Americans and for our country. An educated populist used to be considered important and a goal we as a nation strived to attain. Not so much any more to our detriment.

Unfortunately college tuition has become a scam for many Americans. Students has been sold the idea that a college degree is a ticket to a good income. They often pile on enormous debt to obtain a degree that fails to deliver.

My wife and I put two kids through college and both have succeeded nicely. However they have many friends struggling to make ends meet, thanks to suffocating student loan debt.

I say relieve them of these debts for the good of the country. We blow huge sums on war machines that do nothing for us, let alone all the other stupid shit our government wastes money on.

There is definitely something to be said for this. Good food for thought.
MAGA

College is your ticket to a good income. It’s not the only path. And nothing is guaranteed anywhere. It’s a really good investment if you do it right. If you don’t, it’s not.

College is your ticket to a good income. It’s not the only path. And nothing is guaranteed anywhere. It’s a really good investment if you do it right. If you don’t, it’s not.
True, but it’s become much too expensive for many Americans. Even if they obtain a quality degree that helps them obtain a good paying job, they often are paying off their loans for many years after graduation. This is crazy.

A college education shouldn’t be prohibitive for millions of Americans, while our government sends $33 billion to Ukraine.

True, but it’s become much too expensive for many Americans. Even if they obtain a quality degree that helps them obtain a good paying job, they often are paying off their loans for many years after graduation. This is crazy.

A college education shouldn’t be prohibitive for millions of Americans, while our government sends $33 billion to Ukraine.
State school tuition in NC is $4k-$7k per year. That’s not breaking anyone. UNC Chapel Hill is the high, uNC Asheville is $3,800 at the low.

Forum List

Back