Trump is putting coal workers out of work

She offered them welfare. Train them for what exactly?
Nope. Training programs. Everything from computer programming to nursing.

What I’ve heard from many others is that would be ineffective because coal miners are too stupid.

How many hospitals and computer jobs do you suppose there are in the mountains of WV?
IT jobs can be anywhere there's broadband.

IT jobs are few compared to coal mining. Microsoft isn't going to build in the mountains of WV.
Microsoft doesn't have to build anywhere for IT jobs to exist. Like I said, IT jobs can be done anywhere there's broadband, and the demand is high.

Which is saying nothing.
Nonsense, it is saying that IT jobs can be in WV. I could move there tomorrow and keep doing what I do. I am completely mobile. In fact, I would get paid the same with a much lower cost of living. Why do you think Microsoft hires all the IT people?

Good luck getting internet in some areas. You've never been in the outlying areas in a state like WV have you?

What I’ve heard from many others is that would be ineffective because coal miners are too stupid.

How many hospitals and computer jobs do you suppose there are in the mountains of WV?

IT jobs are few compared to coal mining. Microsoft isn't going to build in the mountains of WV.

HOLY CRAP....... Really? Did I not say to you in another thread, that you have been consistently wrong over dozens of posts?

IT jobs are few compared to coal mining? Infotech jobs are few.... compared to coal mining?

You really just posted that? Really? If I miss understood you, please tell me, because right now I think you one of the most brain damaged people on this forum.

According to CompTIA the IT training company.....

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 9.23.38 PM.png

Let's recap that..... shall we Sparky?
12.1 Million jobs in Network Tech.
1.6 Million in Software and Web Development.
4.6 Million posting currently for IT positions.

Total number of coal mining jobs, all the way back in 2011, long before Trump was ever elected..... 91,000. Today, only 53,000.

Total number of all mining jobs nation wide, of all types... above ground, below ground, coal, or iron, zinc, copper, everything.

Total number of mining jobs in the entire country....

672 Thousand jobs. Did you catch that Sparky?

There are more InfoTech job POSTINGS..... then there are mining jobs of all type in existence.

There are more IT job POSTINGS... than all the jobs in all mining combined.

You sir..... are a MORON. IT jobs are few compared to mining... holy crap our Left-wing education system is pumping out the absolute dumbest people. No wonder people come out of college unable to get a job, when they think there are more mining jobs than IT jobs.

Yeah, go get your miners hat dude. .... unbelievable.....

HOLY CRAP....... Really? Did I not say to you in another thread, that you have been consistently wrong over dozens of posts?

IT jobs are few compared to coal mining? Infotech jobs are few.... compared to coal mining?

You really just posted that? Really? If I miss understood you, please tell me, because right now I think you one of the most brain damaged people on this forum.

View attachment 369747

Total number of coal mining jobs, all the way back in 2011, long before Trump was ever elected..... 91,000. Today, only 53,000.

Total number of all mining jobs nation wide, of all types... above ground, below ground, coal, or iron, zinc, copper, everything.

There are more InfoTech job POSTINGS..... then there are mining jobs of all type in existence.

You sir..... are a MORON. IT jobs are few compared to mining... holy crap our Left-wing education system is pumping out the absolute dumbest people. No wonder people come out of college unable to get a job, when they think there are more mining jobs than IT jobs.

Have you ever been in the mountains of WV? Some places don't get a lot of sun let alone internet access.

It's kinda nice on occasion but not good for technology jobs.

Microsoft doesn't have to build anywhere for IT jobs to exist. Like I said, IT jobs can be done anywhere there's broadband, and the demand is high.

Which is saying nothing.
Nonsense, it is saying that IT jobs can be in WV. I could move there tomorrow and keep doing what I do. I am completely mobile. In fact, I would get paid the same with a much lower cost of living. Why do you think Microsoft hires all the IT people?

Good luck getting internet in some areas. You've never been in the outlying areas in a state like WV have you?
Do you think it has to stay that way? I said it could be done anywhere there's a decent internet connection. There will always be pockets where it's weak or intermittent, but it will go where the demand is.

View attachment 369747

Have you ever been in the mountains of WV? Some places don't get a lot of sun let alone internet access.

There are cities in WV.

Which is saying nothing.

Do you think it has to stay that way? I said it could be done anywhere there's a decent internet connection. There will always be pockets where it's weak or intermittent, but it will go where the demand is.

Vague nothings. There is no demand. People aren't interested in that. The problem is that politicians could even come up with a plan for something and the people still won't believe them.

Let's see if we have this right. Presented to you is the statement that WHEN CARS TOOK OVER FROM HORSES (very important that), horses weren't banned or regulated out of existence. They stopped being used because cars were superior. Your response, attempting to claim that the horses WERE regulated out of existence (and thus give credit to government), was to present an article about regulating horse riding in urban areas IN 2021. Now why do you believe cars will only take over from horses next year, given that we've been driving cars for decades?

Actually, they started regulating horses out of existence long before that. This last bit of novelty stupidity of a few horse drawn carriages downtown was just the last regulation. Nobody was allowed to drive a horse through Pilsen or Garfield Ridge, because that would have been stupid.

"Trump has utterly wrecked the economy"
"economy collapsed because of a Flu with an attitude"

These are mutually exclusive statements. Only one of them is correct.

Actually, they are totally correct. Trump crashed the economy because he didn't respond correctly to the flu.

Sorry this isn't clear to you. You are a bit dim, though.

Prove it. You can't prove that statement. Does Trump have dictator powers to force states to close, to block off all movement of people, to force closings of EVERYTHING in the country?

Because that's a dictator.

Or is Trump not supposed to be a dictator, and most of the controls are up to the States? You know... like what the constitution says?

The only thing Trump directly has control over, is international travel, and we already know what happened there. China was put on the restriction list, and Democraps responded with the NO BAN act, which some left-winger groups are STILL pushing.

Prove that Trump could have magically made the virus go away? Prove it. Not theory... Prove it.

Heck, Japan and Sweden never closed down. Denmark just recently published evidence that masks have practically no value at all in stopping the spread of the virus.

You people are such idiotic jokes.

You don't have any science that supports your views at all. It's all Trump sucks, so it must be his fault somehow. You don't have any real evidence, it's just hate and bitterness that is the core of all left-wing belief.

Trump's use of Executive Orders to threaten all of the Governors to order their constituents to wear masks, maintain social distances and to prevent rallies, concerts, etc. and to close bars and restaurants, or else he will withhold federal funding is right up is alley. His main concern was how an economic downturn in an election year will impact him. He convinced the biddable set that Covid - 19 was a hoax.

Of course Trump is a wannabe dictator, his abuse of power is obvious and his destain for the Separation of Powers, Federalism and the attacks on The Speaker of the House, Governors and Mayors is despicable.

Instigating the people to re-liberate MI created chaos; the Governor there was threatened by armed kooks and modeled by others in other states following trump's illegitimate order. That is not only an abuse of the office of trust, it was insane.

Last edited:

View attachment 369747

Fiber optics. The use in WV would be feasible and economically favorable in WV, minors can dig the tunnels to bring the internet to every town and village in the State. Creating jobs and bringing WV into the 21st Century.

View attachment 369747

Fiber optics. The use in WV would be feasible and economically favorable in WV, minors can dig the tunnels to bring the internet to every town and village in the State. Creating jobs and bringing WV into the 21st Century.

You are wasting your time and energy.

Some people just can't accept change.

View attachment 369747

View attachment 369747

Gotcha. Now that makes a little more sense. For a minute I thought you had lost your mind. I thought you were saying a miner couldn't find a job in IT. But you saying if they stay in West Virginia, it would be harder.

Ok that is somewhat true. There are roughly 13,000 coal mining jobs, and roughly 7,000 InfoTech jobs in WV.

Move.

That's the answer. Move. Move to where the jobs you can do, are.

You realize that's the default standard of all of human history, right? You move to where the jobs are.

And don't tell me you can't. People come here from other countries with practically nothing at all, and are able to make it.

Move to where the jobs are. Now I get it, that you don't want to. I don't want to either. But if it's either starve or move to where the good paying jobs are, then I'm moving to where the good paying jobs are.

View attachment 369747

Then as a politician work to do that. People aren't interested in empty rhetoric. All the same, digging tunnels in the mountains is what many are trying to stop. I really have to believe though that some of you have never even seen a mountain let alone been on one.

View attachment 369747

There is no change. What exactly was done under Obama?

View attachment 369747

View attachment 369747

Gotcha. Now that makes a little more sense. For a minute I thought you had lost your mind. I thought you were saying a miner couldn't find a job in IT. But you saying if they stay in West Virginia, it would be harder.

Ok that is somewhat true. There are roughly 13,000 coal mining jobs, and roughly 7,000 InfoTech jobs in WV.

Move.

That's the answer. Move. Move to where the jobs you can do, are.

You realize that's the default standard of all of human history, right? You move to where the jobs are.

And don't tell me you can't. People come here from other countries with practically nothing at all, and are able to make it.

Move to where the jobs are. Now I get it, that you don't want to. I don't want to either. But if it's either starve or move to where the good paying jobs are, then I'm moving to where the good paying jobs are.

That wasn't the "promise" Hillary made. That's why I said they dismissed her speech as empty rhetoric. No one believed her and with good reason.

Maybe when the Democrats had the White House, the Senate and the House they would have passed a miners re-education bill things would be different.

Let's see if we have this right. Presented to you is the statement that WHEN CARS TOOK OVER FROM HORSES (very important that), horses weren't banned or regulated out of existence. They stopped being used because cars were superior. Your response, attempting to claim that the horses WERE regulated out of existence (and thus give credit to government), was to present an article about regulating horse riding in urban areas IN 2021. Now why do you believe cars will only take over from horses next year, given that we've been driving cars for decades?

Actually, they started regulating horses out of existence long before that. This last bit of novelty stupidity of a few horse drawn carriages downtown was just the last regulation. Nobody was allowed to drive a horse through Pilsen or Garfield Ridge, because that would have been stupid.
"long before that". Can you cite laws regulating the use of horses for transporting people and goods through cities out of existence and when they were enacted? You're making the claim that it was the government, not market forces, that replaced horses with cars. Bring the evidence.

If he doesn't have the power, it's hot air and the WuhanFlu killed the economy.

No, Trump's incompetent response to it killed the economy. Europe and Japan handled it well and they aren't having anywhere NEAR the problems we are.
It was the shutdown that killed the economy, and it was the governors that pushed it and are keeping it going.

Which is saying nothing.

Vague nothings. There is no demand. People aren't interested in that. The problem is that politicians could even come up with a plan for something and the people still won't believe them.
Politicians' plans generally fail because they emphasize government control over freedom. Of course they're not believable.

View attachment 369747

So we don't even give them an opportunity because we decide for them that they don't want it?

Which is saying nothing.

Politicians' plans generally fail because they emphasize government control over freedom. Of course they're not believable.

They fail because the politician never intended to follow through or are too lazy or too greedy to fight for what they promised.

Forum List

Back