Trump Is Coming Back!!! :D

It's the never ending grift. And the suckers you see responding to the post, are exactly who he is taking money from.

Suckers, and losers. These are his customers.
They had the chance to purge the party of Trump and his minions

Instead, they chose to embrace the lies and are now the Party of Trump

Well, that leads to an interesting question, tell me:

Did these people hijack a party, or is this what the party has been for the last 30 or 40 years?

Well, the Republicans today sure as hell aren't the Republicans I signed on with in 1982...

While I never locked myself in to voting the party line (always voted my conscience, always will), particularly when it came to local and state voting and elections, I ditched my Republican registration in '03 when Jr. went in to Iraq. Until they stop gobbling Trump's knob, I am, for all intents and purposes done with them.

It's certainly been an evolution.

CoKbNMHWEAAJG8L.jpg

In 2016 Trump weighed 267 pounds and he's a lot bigger now.

I'm generally in favor of bagging on Trump. But I can't give any shits about his physical fitness.

There were no doubt some Republicans ready for his "message", but Trump's takeover of the party was a populist hijacking. Not sure how you can deny that.
First, given the fact that finding definitions is all but impossible, and the fact that any given word means pretty much anything at this point, I'm not sure what the current definition of "populist" even is right now.

Regardless, a populist or a conservative or a liberal or a progressive or a whatever is not required to detach themselves from reality and address every issue by beating on it with stick. I'd like to think that we're capable of more than that.

But I realize I may be wrong. Maybe we've peaked, and this is the best we can do as we decay. But if the numbers are right, and 40% to 45% of this country has lowered its standards and thought processes this far, then there's surely nothing I can do about it.

First, given the fact that finding definitions is all but impossible, and the fact that any given word means pretty much anything at this point, I'm not sure what the current definition of "populist" even is right now.

Regardless, a populist or a conservative or a liberal or a progressive or a whatever is not required to detach themselves from reality and address every issue by beating on it with stick. I'd like to think that we're capable of more than that.

But I realize I may be wrong. Maybe we've peaked, and this is the best we can do as we decay. But if the numbers are right, and 40% to 45% of this country has lowered its standards and thought processes this far, then there's surely nothing I can do about it.
dblack I say this with all due respect but you’re arguing with a moron and a liar in Mac1958

Mental illness is a slippery slope. I get it.

the original bill/law/act under obama had the caveat that a denial to own a gun can be appealed. but donny took away & let it all fly. so technically, if one had to have a guardian sign off for them for their day to day upkeep, etc, because they were too incompetent to be able to do that for themselves - they were still able to get a firearm.

Populism="politics for dummies". The core message of populism is that ignorant dimwits are just as good as anyone else, just as "deserving".

I think that might just be the way it is. We've jumped the shark. It's hard to fight history, and nothing good ever lasts.

Forum List

Back