'Trump is a sociopath'

The definitions mentioned above are, to put it kindly, not universally accepted. A sociopath is a person without a conscience. Someone who will lie, cheat, or steal, giving consideration only to whether s/he might be caught, but having no consideration whatsoever about the harm done to the victims.

A psychopath is someone who is seriously mentally ill, often violent, who finds gratification in destructive behavior, often against other people (as opposed to property). Our maximum security prisons are chock full of psychopaths.

Few politicians are sociopathic, and there is no rational argument that can be made to "prove" that the public persona of Donald Trump is sociopathic.

MANY professions (and I use the word loosely) have at their core a willingness to intentionally deceive people for personal gain. Salesmen (to the public, not commercial), lawyers, and politicians come immediately to mind. Ethical practitioners in these fields don't exactly LIE, they merely state their case in a one-sided manner, emphasizing the positive and minimizing the negative.

The best example of an ethical political prevarication that I can think of is when President Clinton told America that he did not have "sexual relations" with Ms. Lewinsky. AT THE TIME, most Americans considered that "having sex" meant having normal sexual intercourse. Thus, being the recipient of a BJ was not "having sex," and Clinton was telling the truth.

There is nothing sociopathic about politicians making the case for the positions they hold dear by emphasizing the supporting arguments and ignoring or minimizing those that go against him (her).
Bullshit.

You are describing psychopaths. Sociopaths are just very anti social.

I sociopath might kill you, but he will feel guilt afterward and bd apprehended. A psychopath will do ANYTHING they get a fetish for doingto you AND they will get away with it.

Why are you lying? Defending psychopaths?
There is no difference between psychopath and sociopath. They both mean the same thing ... anti-Social personality dosorder.
You are either being lazy, hard headed, or you are psycopath.

Google or gtfo
They are the same. Those who disagree are idiots.

The definitions mentioned above are, to put it kindly, not universally accepted. A sociopath is a person without a conscience. Someone who will lie, cheat, or steal, giving consideration only to whether s/he might be caught, but having no consideration whatsoever about the harm done to the victims.

A psychopath is someone who is seriously mentally ill, often violent, who finds gratification in destructive behavior, often against other people (as opposed to property). Our maximum security prisons are chock full of psychopaths.

Few politicians are sociopathic, and there is no rational argument that can be made to "prove" that the public persona of Donald Trump is sociopathic.

MANY professions (and I use the word loosely) have at their core a willingness to intentionally deceive people for personal gain. Salesmen (to the public, not commercial), lawyers, and politicians come immediately to mind. Ethical practitioners in these fields don't exactly LIE, they merely state their case in a one-sided manner, emphasizing the positive and minimizing the negative.

The best example of an ethical political prevarication that I can think of is when President Clinton told America that he did not have "sexual relations" with Ms. Lewinsky. AT THE TIME, most Americans considered that "having sex" meant having normal sexual intercourse. Thus, being the recipient of a BJ was not "having sex," and Clinton was telling the truth.

There is nothing sociopathic about politicians making the case for the positions they hold dear by emphasizing the supporting arguments and ignoring or minimizing those that go against him (her).
Bullshit.

I sociopath might kill you, but he will feel guilt afterward and bd apprehended. A psychopath will do ANYTHING they get a fetish for doingto you AND they will get away with it.

There is no difference between psychopath and sociopath. They both mean the same thing ... anti-Social personality dosorder.

Google or gtfo
Theyve been lotted together by psychopathic psychiatrists.

You asshol psychopath. When we find the psychopath gene I will hunt yu all down and exterminate you.

Bullshit.

Google or gtfo

You asshol psychopath. When we find the psychopath gene I will hunt yu all down and exterminate you.
You must be a sociopath. Pathetic. :wink:

The quote about Rome is not true. They were constantly fighting tribes that weren't afraid of them. Hadrian's wall in England was built to keep the barbarians out because the Romans couldn't defeat them. Otherwise why build a wall. Google Masada as well.

Also if we are a paper tiger then how about we reduce our military budget from 650 billion to what Russia spends, 80 billion, and spend the remainder fixing the bridges, overpasses, roads, and the rest of our infrastructure.

Bullshit.

Google or gtfo

You must be a sociopath. Pathetic. :wink:

I mean really...of all the things to argue about, you two argue about this and call each other names. Come on man!

Forum List

Back