Trump Impeachments Were Unfair, Unprecedented, and Unconstitutional

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Guess who said that? Jerry Nadler himself, saying, "It’s unfair, and it’s unprecedented, and it’s unconstitutional."

A new book reveals that House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., was at odds with how House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi handled impeachment proceedings against former President Trump, insisting that the methods used by the prominent Democrats were "unconstitutional".

Nadler, according to the book, took issue with how Schiff, who was tapped by Pelosi to lead impeachment efforts, was prepared to proceed with the impeachment without due process for Trump.

Nadler's frustration with the pair of Democrats grew. Research conducted by his team proved that presidents facing impeachment from Congress had been allowed to defend themselves before the House Judiciary Committee, with attorneys for the president having the opportunity to attend hearings as well as cross-examine testifying witnesses or call their own.

That did not matter to Schiff, the authors wrote, and the fact that Trump would not be able to face his accusers before being impeached did not sit right with Nadler.

"If we’re going to impeach, we need to show the country that we gave the president ample opportunity to defend himself," Nadler told them, according to the book.

The book noted that Pelosi and Schiff were concerned with what Trump's attorneys would say at the hearings, worrying that it could upend Democratic messaging ahead of the 2020 presidential election and stifle Biden's election chances.

The book says tension among both teams reached a breaking point when Schiff sent Nadler a draft of the resolution laying out the rules for impeachment, which ignored his concerns about due process for the president.

"These lawless HPSCI b-------!" one Judiciary aide said, according to the book. Another claimed: "It’s dumb. It’s illegal!"

"They’re going to argue we don’t have due process for Trump. Why make that argument real?" Nadler asked Schiff.

Gee, makes you wonder if the Jan 6th committee is doing the same thing, doesn't it?

He seems to have some scruples. The real problem is that he couldn't or wouldn't be louder because of the political consequences, which is also why he feared the impeachment, he felt it would hurt the Dems.

He is only half right. Internationally is has hurt America, not any one party. Not because people necessarily liked Trump but because they hold America in the highest standards of due process, civil liberties etc. Coupled with Big Tech censoring, the consequences around the globe for Americas "shift" have been palatable.

Now that we know Russia Russia Russia was a hoax, that impeachment should be voided.
Russia INTERFERED in the 2016 elections. AND the 2020 elections.
Never a hoax.
--------

Intelligence officials have reportedly found that Russia is interfering in the 2020 elections to try to support President Trump’s reelection, while also meddling in the Democratic primaries to help Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign. The reports have not revealed details about what actions Russia is taking or their scope, but my analysis of social media activity exposes some examples.

I found that social media accounts linked to the Internet Research Agency (IRA), the Kremlin-linked company behind an influence campaign that targeted the 2016 elections, have indeed already begun their digital campaign to interfere in the 2020 presidential election. And they are getting even more brazen in tactics, as a sample of new posts shows.

In September 2019, just a few months ahead of the Democratic primaries, I noticed some posts on Instagram that appeared to use the strategies and tactics very similar to those of the IRA that I observed in my research on Russian interference in the 2016 elections on social media. A few weeks later, Facebook announced that it had taken down about 75,000 posts across 50 IRA-linked accounts from Facebook (one account) and Instagram (50 accounts).

My team at Project DATA (Digital Ad Tracking & Analysis) happened to capture some of these posts on Instagram before Facebook removed them. We identified 32 accounts that exhibited the attributes of the IRA, and 31 of them were later confirmed to be the IRA-linked accounts by Graphika, a social media analysis firm commissioned by Facebook to examine the accounts.

Some strategies and tactics for election interference were the same as before. Russia’s trolls pretended to be American people, including political groups and candidates. They tried to sow division by targeting both the left and right with posts to foment outrage, fear, and hostility. Much of their activity seemed designed to discourage certain people from voting. And they focused on swing states.

But the IRA’s approach is evolving. Its trolls have gotten better at impersonating candidates and parties, more closely mimicking logos of official campaigns. They have moved away from creating their own fake advocacy groups to mimicking and appropriating the names of actual American groups. And they’ve increased their use of seemingly nonpolitical content and commercial accounts, hiding their attempts to build networks of influence.

Continuing the same strategies and tactics

Overall, the IRA appears to still employ many of the same strategies and tactics as in 2016: posing as domestic actors, the IRA targeted both sides of the ideological spectrum with wedge issues. Especially noticeable were same-side candidate attacks (i.e., an “in-kind candidate attack” targeting the likely voters of the candidate), a type of voter suppression strategy designed to break the coalition of one side or the other.

How'd it turn out?

Oh yeah...

1664378834469.png

Glad to see there was some discussion about the process and the legalities. When the House impeaches Biden next year, I hope they have some discussions before doing it as well.

Now that we know Russia Russia Russia was a hoax, that impeachment should be voided.
Democrats wanted the history books to show that Trump is the only president impeached twice but they failed to realize that the history books will show that Trump is the only president in history to survive two impeachments and the history books will also show that this time period was so partisan that the partisans impeached a president twice while knowing both times that Trump would not be convicted in the Senate and that one impeachment was done after Trump had already lost the election. How much more partisan can you get than that?

Russia INTERFERED in the 2016 elections. AND the 2020 elections.
Never a hoax.
--------

Intelligence officials have reportedly found that Russia is interfering in the 2020 elections to try to support President Trump’s reelection, while also meddling in the Democratic primaries to help Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign. The reports have not revealed details about what actions Russia is taking or their scope, but my analysis of social media activity exposes some examples.

I found that social media accounts linked to the Internet Research Agency (IRA), the Kremlin-linked company behind an influence campaign that targeted the 2016 elections, have indeed already begun their digital campaign to interfere in the 2020 presidential election. And they are getting even more brazen in tactics, as a sample of new posts shows.

In September 2019, just a few months ahead of the Democratic primaries, I noticed some posts on Instagram that appeared to use the strategies and tactics very similar to those of the IRA that I observed in my research on Russian interference in the 2016 elections on social media. A few weeks later, Facebook announced that it had taken down about 75,000 posts across 50 IRA-linked accounts from Facebook (one account) and Instagram (50 accounts).

My team at Project DATA (Digital Ad Tracking & Analysis) happened to capture some of these posts on Instagram before Facebook removed them. We identified 32 accounts that exhibited the attributes of the IRA, and 31 of them were later confirmed to be the IRA-linked accounts by Graphika, a social media analysis firm commissioned by Facebook to examine the accounts.

Some strategies and tactics for election interference were the same as before. Russia’s trolls pretended to be American people, including political groups and candidates. They tried to sow division by targeting both the left and right with posts to foment outrage, fear, and hostility. Much of their activity seemed designed to discourage certain people from voting. And they focused on swing states.

But the IRA’s approach is evolving. Its trolls have gotten better at impersonating candidates and parties, more closely mimicking logos of official campaigns. They have moved away from creating their own fake advocacy groups to mimicking and appropriating the names of actual American groups. And they’ve increased their use of seemingly nonpolitical content and commercial accounts, hiding their attempts to build networks of influence.

Continuing the same strategies and tactics

Overall, the IRA appears to still employ many of the same strategies and tactics as in 2016: posing as domestic actors, the IRA targeted both sides of the ideological spectrum with wedge issues. Especially noticeable were same-side candidate attacks (i.e., an “in-kind candidate attack” targeting the likely voters of the candidate), a type of voter suppression strategy designed to break the coalition of one side or the other.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, the hoax was that Trump colluded with the Russians to influence the election. Will you now admit that that was indeed a hoax?

How'd it turn out?

Oh yeah...

View attachment 702635

Glad to see there was some discussion about the process and the legalities. When the House impeaches Biden next year, I hope they have some discussions before doing it as well.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Republicans will want revenge. In a way they deserve it but these things on both sides are not good for the country.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, the hoax was that Trump colluded with the Russians to influence the election. Will you now admit that that was indeed a hoax?
Collusion isn't a crime.

The Republican investigation failed to prove coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia.

They did find obstruction though but did not want to charge a sitting president.

Maybe Republicans should have another investigation?

There is no proof that he directly collided with Russia.

But there were a lot of Russians coming and going during the campaign, the Trump family was talking to. And it was not about the Moscow Trump tower.

Very possible they did not know they were being used by the Russians.

But this was definite collusion in my eyes.

From the horse's mouth:

Last edited:
Collusion isn't a crime.

The Republican investigation failed to prove coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia.

They did find obstruction though but did not want to charge a sitting president.

Maybe Republicans should have another investigation?
We do need to investigate the abuses of the Democratic party, both at the federal level and state levels. The deep state swamp needs a severe dose of purging.

Forum List

Back