Trump Encourages GOP Crowd to Boo US Women's Soccer Team

Wow.. Trump is such a pig. Do his people stand for this crap?

July 25, 2021 Trump Corruption, Trump Lies

NBC Sports reports:

The Tokyo Olympics crossed over with a Donald Trump rally Saturday night, as the former president encouraged a hyped-up Phoenix crowd to boo the U.S. Women’s soccer team. “Wokeism makes you lose,” Trump said, according to a video of the speech posted to Twitter by Turning Point officials.

“The U.S. Women’s soccer team is a very good example of what’s going on,” he continued, shaking his head with a smirk as the crowd booed loudly.

“Earlier this week they unexpected lost to Sweden three to nothing and Americans were happy about it,” he said, a line that drew laughs and cheers – enough for Trump to quickly add “you proved that point before I even said it.”

Continued

They deserve to be boo'd

Freedom of speech is the limitation government has--not anybody else. You can't walk into work tomorrow morning, tell your boss his wife is a slut, he's an utter moron, his kids are ugly, and not get fired. Freedom of speech doesn't protect your speech to your employer. He can take any action against you he likes.

They all know that. THey just have to pretend not to, because the behavior they are defending, is indefensible.

Don't be obtuse. His point is that the freedom of speech guaranteed by the First Amendment doesn't mean people have to listen to what you. It doesn't mean they have to respect what you have to say. It doesn't mean they can't fire you, or ask you to get off their property. It just means they can't have you arrested for speaking out. If people want to raise hell and call the kneelers anti-American - well, they are also exercising their freedom of speech.

He knows that. He is just playing dumb because it is his only defense.

I'll do it when you acknowledge that the GOP is trying to shut down any investigation of the January 6th riot because they're culpable.
See how this works?

And another attempt to change the subject.

They all know that. THey just have to pretend not to, because the behavior they are defending, is indefensible.

I don't believe that. You'd be surprised at how many people think freedom of speech is a right that must be afforded to them by everybody.

Didn't need his encourgement.

The second they kneeled, I started cheering for the other team.

I didn't watch, but if I did, the second they kneeled, that's the second I would have turned them off. Apparently a lot of people did from what I've read about the ratings.

That all sounds just awful...and I'm sure you're right to be upset about it.
But...what does it have to do with Trump getting all petty about the women's Olympic soccer team...which was the point I was trying to make.

Hey.....you're the one that brought up the resistance by Republicans against this phony dog and pony show of the investigation committee, not me. I was just responding to your statement.

I don't think it was petty at all of President Trump to say what he did about these anti-Americans. He was spot on. Don't support them, and root for them to lose. When they take a knee, turn their back on our flag, do you think they are supporting us? Of course not. They are trying to embarrass us. So why would Trump not say what he said? I agree with him 100%.

You check your freedom of speech at the door when you are being paid by someone to perform a task, regardless of the task. When you are off the clock, your freedom to express yourself is active again.
Not for me. My freedom of speech is fully intact, whether I'm "on the clock" or not. I can say whatever I want at work and, as long as I'm not arrested, my freedom of speech is preserved. My boss can fire me, of course, if he doesn't like what I have to say. That's his right. That's how rights work.

Not for me. My freedom of speech is fully intact, whether I'm "on the clock" or not. I can say whatever I want at work and, as long as I'm not arrested, my freedom of speech is preserved. My boss can fire me, of course, if he doesn't like what I have to say. That's his right. That's how rights work.

And these various anti-American kneelers should be fired. ALL of them.

And these various anti-American kneelers should be fired. ALL of them.

Of course they should be. They are turning people off to watching, and while I don't know how the Olympics is funded or operates, I'm sure lower viewership hurts them. If I was on the job and did things to make customers not use our product or service, of course I would be fired.

Of course they should be. They are turning people off to watching, and while I don't know how the Olympics is funded or operates, I'm sure lower viewership hurts them. If I was on the job and did things to make customers not use our product or service, of course I would be fired.
It's not as one-sided as you seem to think. Lots of viewers see it differently, and would be turned off if the teams/leagues/etc cracked down on the protesters.

Forum List

Back