Trump Encourages GOP Crowd to Boo US Women's Soccer Team

The petulant child is the subject of the OP.
He was snubbed by Rapinoe and has never got over it.
Hypocrite--so snubbing the POTUS is not the act of a petulant child, but smirking and agreeing with a booing crowd is? Rapinoe is not an American and deserves everything she is NOT getting in the Olympics. I add my boo. LMAO. You're an idiot.

"Disagreement with your country"?

I think you are conflating "country" with "government".

When one shows respect or Patriotism to a symbol of the COUNTRY, one is NOT making any statement of agreement with any GOVERNMENT or GOVERNMENT policy.

The FLAG, and the National Anthem are not symbols of the GOVERNMENT, but of the COUNTRY.

The Kneelers are not showing disagreement with a government, or a government policy, they are showing and have repeatedly stated, that they are refusing to show respect or loyalty to the NATION.

You cannot both love and not love the country at the same time. Either you are Patriotic or you are NOT.
That's how you might show "respect or loyalty" to the country.
I don't stand or tear-up for the anthem, salute the flag, put my hand on my heart and recite the pledge, wear a pin or have a flag pole in my yard but I love my country.
I also criticise the shitty bits of its history and the messy stuff going on but I love my country.
If someone wants to rip up the flag I don't give a shit...I don't burst into tears or righteous anger...it's a piece of cloth.
Am I a patriot?
Surely the best way to show loyalty to your country is to stick with it through thick and thin and try to make it better.

That's how you might show "respect or loyalty" to the country.
I don't stand or tear-up for the anthem, salute the flag, put my hand on my heart and recite the pledge, wear a pin or have a flag pole in my yard but I love my country.
I also criticise the shitty bits of its history and the messy stuff going on but I love my country.
If someone wants to rip up the flag I don't give a shit...I don't burst into tears or righteous anger...it's a piece of cloth.
Am I a patriot?
Surely the best way to show loyalty to your country is to stick with it through thick and thin and try to make it better.

1. Groups need public and/or open displays of group loyalty or identity, to survive as a group. Your refusal to show any of that, is not patriotic.

2. Criticizing? Depends. Constructive criticism, with the aim of improvement, sure that fits. Destructive criticizing, with the aim of tearing down or tearing apart? NO, that is not Patriotic.

3. It is not a piece of cloth. It is a symbol. Your pretense that symbols don't matter is obviously false. And not patriotic.

4. These people are not trying to make it better. They hate it. As demonstrated by their anti-American actions. Siding with them is not patriotic.

1. Groups need public and/or open displays of group loyalty or identity, to survive as a group. Your refusal to show any of that, is not patriotic.

2. Criticizing? Depends. Constructive criticism, with the aim of improvement, sure that fits. Destructive criticizing, with the aim of tearing down or tearing apart? NO, that is not Patriotic.

3. It is not a piece of cloth. It is a symbol. Your pretense that symbols don't matter is obviously false. And not patriotic.

4. These people are not trying to make it better. They hate it. As demonstrated by their anti-American actions. Siding with them is not patriotic.
Then we will always disagree.

Wow.. Trump is such a pig. Do his people stand for this crap?

July 25, 2021 Trump Corruption, Trump Lies

NBC Sports reports:

The Tokyo Olympics crossed over with a Donald Trump rally Saturday night, as the former president encouraged a hyped-up Phoenix crowd to boo the U.S. Women’s soccer team. “Wokeism makes you lose,” Trump said, according to a video of the speech posted to Twitter by Turning Point officials.

“The U.S. Women’s soccer team is a very good example of what’s going on,” he continued, shaking his head with a smirk as the crowd booed loudly.

“Earlier this week they unexpected lost to Sweden three to nothing and Americans were happy about it,” he said, a line that drew laughs and cheers – enough for Trump to quickly add “you proved that point before I even said it.”

Continued

They can kneel for the flag BUT can't be booed ?

You're a fucking imbecile

i can read. No sane person would consider the French Revolution a good model for anything.

Were you serious?
Your question was "You got any examples of countries or groups that used your methods and thrived?"

Your question was "You got any examples of countries or groups that used your methods and thrived?"

And the French Revolution did not thrive. THey destroyed themselves. They had to invent a head cutting off machine because they could not train people fast enough to keep up with the killing.

And then it led to Napoleon.

And the French Revolution did not thrive. THey destroyed themselves. They had to invent a head cutting off machine because they could not train people fast enough to keep up with the killing.

And then it led to Napoleon.
They freed themselves from the oppressive class system keeping the majority poor and without any power or representation.
It was messy and shitty and I'm glad I wasn't there but ultimately they thrived.
They called themselves patriots...and they burned the flag.

They freed themselves from the oppressive class system keeping the majority poor and without any power or representation.
It was messy and shitty and I'm glad I wasn't there but ultimately they thrived.

They died by the hundreds of thousands. They traded one emperor, for another. That is the height of NOT thriving.

They might have burned the flag. They might have followed your views, or more to the point you follow theirs.

But, it is no success story.

Do you want to see that here? People dying in the streets to slate the blood lust of the mob?

They died by the hundreds of thousands. They traded one emperor, for another. That is the height of NOT thriving.

They might have burned the flag. They might have followed your views, or more to the point you follow theirs.

But, it is no success story.

Do you want to see that here? People dying in the streets to slate the blood lust of the mob?
No, neither do I want to see people settling for the status quo for fear of the mob.

No, neither do I want to see people settling for the status quo for fear of the mob.

False dichotomy.

The choice is not between the letting the mob murder people in the streets by the thousands or the status quo.

Indeed, your entire position seems based on that.

Nothing in my statements have justified your odd attempts to misrepresent my position or choices.

My position is based on the obvoius symbolism of KNEELING during the National Anthem.

The Kneelers are anti-American scum. They are not patriots. They hate America.

False dichotomy.

The choice is not between the letting the mob murder people in the streets by the thousands or the status quo.

Indeed, your entire position seems based on that.

Nothing in my statements have justified your odd attempts to misrepresent my position or choices.

My position is based on the obvoius symbolism of KNEELING during the National Anthem.

The Kneelers are anti-American scum. They are not patriots. They hate America.
And I disagree.
I fully understand that conservatism means keeping things the same but the US would never have progressed if only conservative "patriots" had been listened to.
There were plenty of conservative "patriots" that didn't support American independence.

So what you are saying is that you advocate rebellion? That could be construed as sedition. Look out Piglosi may be on your doorstep.

And I disagree.
I fully understand that conservatism means keeping things the same but the US would never have progressed if only conservative "patriots" had been listened to.
There were plenty of conservative "patriots" that didn't support American independence.

It is completely possible for someone to have criticisms of specific policies or aspects of the government, while happily showing respect to the NATION as a whole and/or to their fellow citizens as a group.

YOur pretense that that is not an option, is silly.

Forum List

Back