Trump Disembarks Plane to a Protest Song About Class Privilege of the Rich

Tom Paine 1949

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2020
Donald Trump has managed to portray himself to many as “a man of the people“ and wraps himself in the Red, White & Blue. He portrays all his equally numerous hardcore opponents as “anti-American traitors.” The tragedy and absurdity of U.S. “cultural” politics was on display recently when he descended Air Force One ...

“President Donald Trump disembarked ... in Freeland, Michigan on Thursday night as Creedence Clearwater Revival's iconic song Fortunate Son boomed down on hundreds of his supporters waiting below.

“Fortunate Son is a 1969 protest song written by John Fogerty, a musician who was drafted for military service during the Vietnam war in 1966. After completing his active duty training in 1967, Fogerty then served in the Army Reserve and was discharged in 1968.

“The lyrics for Fortunate Son ... is built on the idea that class privilege divides America into two groups: ordinary individuals and wealthy ones "born with silver spoon in hand"....

“Some folks are born made to wave the flag. Ooh, they're red, white and blue," the song played as Trump descended from the plane. "It ain't me, it ain't me. I ain't no fortunate one, no."

Trump disembarks plane to a protest song about class privilege and rich people shirking military service

Last edited:
Donald Trump has managed to portray himself to many as “a man of the people“ and wraps himself in the Red, White & Blue. He portrays all his equally numerous hardcore opponents as “anti-American traitors.” The tragedy and absurdity of U.S. “cultural” politics was on display recently when he descended Air Force One ...

“President Donald Trump disembarked ... in Freeland, Michigan on Thursday night as Creedence Clearwater Revival's iconic song Fortunate Son boomed down on hundreds of his supporters waiting below.

“Fortunate Son is a 1969 protest song written by John Fogerty, a musician who was drafted for military service during the Vietnam war in 1966. After completing his active duty training in 1967, Fogerty then served in the Army Reserve and was discharged in 1968.

“The lyrics for Fortunate Son ... is built on the idea that class privilege divides America into two groups: ordinary individuals and wealthy ones "born with silver spoon in hand"....

“Some folks are born made to wave the flag. Ooh, they're red, white and blue," the song played as Trump descended from the plane. "It ain't me, it ain't me. I ain't no fortunate one, no."

Trump disembarks plane to a protest song about class privilege and rich people shirking military service

Where is the racism in admitting that the government actually has affirmative action programs which base merit on the color of your skin?

Ya got him this time!

Trump is toast.

Cancel the election!

When the band plays Hail to the chief
they point the cannon at you.

Pretty accurate.

Where is the racism in admitting that the government actually has affirmative action programs which base merit on the color of your skin?

Are you sure you are replying to this thread?

‘"It's a song I could've written now, so I find it confusing, I would say, that the president has chosen to use my song for his political rallies, when in fact, it seems like he is probably the fortunate son," Fogerty said.’

Indeed.

And nothing has changed in more than 50 years.

Forum List

Back