Trump demands cut in Tik Tock deal

Yes. He really thinks he can just make demands like this.

Cue the excuse makers.

He's what the Trumpsters have wanted all along: An authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Turns out, all that "small government", "conservative values" crap has been pure bullshit.

A really bad idea. Why? The WSJ says it best.

It’s not news that President Trump treats trade and diplomacy like real-estate transactions. And his demand Monday that Chinese social-media company ByteDance pay the U.S. Treasury “key money” for approving TikTok’s potential sale to Microsoft is another example of how his transactional politics can undermine his own Administration’s strategic imperatives. ...​
Yet Mr. Trump jeopardized the sale on Monday by demanding that ByteDance pay the U.S. government a finder’s fee for “making it possible for this deal to happen.” As a legal matter, Mr. Trump lacks the authority to demand a cut of the transaction. On property rights, he’s setting a bad precedent that the left will imitate in the future. And as a strategic matter, he is undercutting America’s moral and political currency vis-a-vis China. ...​
But Mr. Trump’s bluster about a finder's fee sends the wrong message about America’s rule of law and its openness to foreign investment. One risk now is that ByteDance will come under pressure from Chinese nationalists to scrap a Microsoft deal. This would hurt American users, big-tech competition and U.S. interests abroad.​

Why should US taxpayers pay for the review of a Chinese company?
It will also take money to monitor the app to be sure that it is not "spying" for China. China should not complain for what they do to US companies operating in China.
"The only argument I can see the government making is that they should be compensated for the time and effort they spent on this," Bialos said. However, "to require that part of the consideration ByteDance is getting from selling its business go to the US government, I think that's an overreach."

If tiktok wants to do business in the US, that is the price. Take it or leave it.
How much IP does China steal every year from US companies?

Cue the excuse makers.

"Getting a cut" would be a tax, which the congress is supposed to be in charge of...So yeah, that's fucked up.

OTOH, in today's paradigm of Orwellian bastardization of language, I imagine that he could try to shoehorn this transaction into the realm of a tariff....After all, it's an international sale.

Just spitballing here, not taking one side or the other.

Last edited:
FAKE NEWS...
A video of him actually saying it is below.

This is getting scary. You Trumpsters literally won't believe anything unless it comes from your world.

I don't know how a country is supposed to function like this. Is that what you want, our destruction?

"This is getting scary"
Thank god the dem cultists line up to hear what fox, breitbardt and gateway pundit have to say each morning.
You fucking derp.

FAKE NEWS...

This is getting scary. You Trumpsters literally won't believe anything unless it comes from your world.

I don't know how a country is supposed to function like this. Is that what you want, our destruction?

Oh you pathetic little ASS CLOWN. You pricks are trying to make it sound like TRUMP HIMSELF wants a cut, and NOTHING could be further from the TRUTH, which we should NEVER expect to get from CNN!!

China owes America a SHIT LOAD of money because of this virus it unleashed on the WORLD, and the decades old trade imbalance, and all the intellectual property it's stolen from us for decades, so our GREAT president wants the UNITED STATES to get a little cash from TikTok, and you CHINA ASS KISSING LEFTISTS ARE HAVING A MELT DOWN?

You SERIOUSLY need to UNFUCK YOUR HEAD, boy, you are OUT THERE in fucking BALLS TO WALL HEAD FUCKED LAND.

Sheeeeeezuz... get a fucking life.

FAKE NEWS...

Oh you pathetic little ASS CLOWN. You pricks are trying to make it sound like TRUMP HIMSELF wants a cut, and NOTHING could be further from the TRUTH, which we should NEVER expect to get from CNN!!

China owes America a SHIT LOAD of money because of this virus it unleashed on the WORLD, and the decades old trade imbalance, and all the intellectual property it's stolen from us for decades, so our GREAT president wants the UNITED STATES to get a little cash from TikTok, and you CHINA ASS KISSING LEFTISTS ARE HAVING A MELT DOWN?

You SERIOUSLY need to UNFUCK YOUR HEAD, boy, you are OUT THERE in fucking BALLS TO WALL HEAD FUCKED LAND.

Sheeeeeezuz... get a fucking life.

:laugh:

FAKE NEWS...

I'm not saying that at all. I have full (well, some) confidence that the money will go to the US treasury. That's not the point. The point is that he thinks government, any government, can just make demands like this. China is utterly full of shit on most things - but they're right in referring to that kind of policy as "rogue".

Someone wants to protect America !!!

OH the tragedy!!!

All hail King Donald.

Can you see the fallacy in your post?
I presented a CONCEPT. An abstract.
You honed in on ONE person. This is called the narrow mindedness of "Indoctrination"

Check my posts....I blame ALL Presidents and ALL of DC.

That said...if you are American, why does protecting America bother you so much?

Someone wants to protect America !!!

OH the tragedy!!!

All hail King Donald.

Can you see the fallacy in your post?

Which post? The above is not an argument, just a sarcastic comment, so no fallacy. Were you talking about something else?
That said...if you are American, why does protecting America bother you so much?

Arbitrarily demanding payments from private companies isn't "protecting America".

Cue the excuse makers.

He's what the Trumpsters have wanted all along: An authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Turns out, all that "small government", "conservative values" crap has been pure bullshit.
/----/ Wouldn't that be a form of a Corporate Tax that you libtards screech about?

I did actually hear him say that.
I accept that he said that.
I figure that there is a reason that he said that.
At the time that he said that, I didn't know what the justification was.
Still not clear to me.
Hopefully with a little research, it will become clearer to me.

I will let you all know.
Be patient.

FAKE NEWS...

I'm not saying that at all. I have full (well, some) confidence that the money will go to the US treasury. That's not the point. The point is that he thinks government, any government, can just make demands like this. China is utterly full of shit on most things - but they're right in referring to that kind of policy as "rogue".

Bull shit. Once again, you DEMOCRATS are siding with CHINA.

WHAT... A... SHOCKER... :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back