Trump Deal - details, reactions and development on the ground

Trump Deal - applicable or not?

• Yes (after hearing details)

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No (after hearing details)

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
United Nations
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, according to his spokesperson Stephane Dujarric, said the UN supports two states living in peace and security within recognised borders, based on the pre-1967 borders.

"The United Nations remains committed to supporting Palestinians and Israelis to resolve the conflict on the basis of United Nations resolutions, international law and bilateral agreements and realizing the vision of two States - Israel and Palestine - living side by side in peace and security within recognized borders, on the basis of the pre-1967 lines."
As the parties in question resolved the controversy under international law in 1994, the UN has no relevance here.

" International Law" became irrelevant in 1967 after the U.N. DELIBERATELY left knowing the War was forthcoming

Trump is the problem.

In what way?
He concocts the deal of the century with just one side and presents it to the world with, again one side while his audience claps like seals.

It has been done to deflect from his impeachment and has done nothing raise tensions in the area.
Its reunited Fatah and Hamas and I really cant see it as any sort of solution .

Do you think it resolves the problem ?

Abbas admits he rejected 2008 peace offer from Olmert

Olmert gave them ALMOST everything they wanted and they still rejected it

Does anyone RE
Olmert said he had offered a near-total withdrawal from the West Bank ā€” proposing that Israel retain 6.3 percent of the territory in order to keep control of major Jewish settlements. He said he offered to compensate the Palestinians with Israeli land equivalent to 5.8 percent of the West Bank, along with a link to the Gaza Strip ā€” another territory meant to be part of Palestine.

He also said he offered to withdraw from Arab neighborhoods of east Jerusalem and place the Old City ā€” home to Jerusalemā€™s most sensitive holy sites ā€” under international control. He described the offer to give up Israeli control of the Old City as the hardest day of his life.

Abbas said he supported the idea of territorial swaps, but that Olmert pressed him into agreeing to the plan without allowing him to study the proposed map.

ā€œHe showed me a map. He didnā€™t give me a map,ā€ Abbas said. ā€œHe told me, ā€˜This is the mapā€™ and took it away. I respected his point of view, but how can I sign on something that I didnā€™t receive?ā€

Olmert confirmed that he pressed Abbas to initial the offer that day.

Abbas said he also felt Olmertā€™s offer to accept a symbolic number of Palestinian refugees into Israel did not resolve the issue ā€” because descendants of Palestinian refugees now number in the millions, many scattered across the region.

Does anyone REALLY believe he didn't have the " time" to study a Map?

Last edited:
Trump is the problem.The next pres will have to come in and clear up this mess.

How is this Peace Framework a "mess"?!

Its a valid, comprehensive, extremely detailed plan. It addresses the security needs of Israel, and provides for a contiguous, sovereign, recognized State of Palestine with East Jerusalem as its capital, full trade access to Jordan, Egypt and the Mediterranean, continued status quo of the Temple Mount and not one, but TWO luxury resorts.

Trump is the problem.The next pres will have to come in and clear up this mess.

How is this Peace Framework a "mess"?!

Its a valid, comprehensive, extremely detailed plan. It addresses the security needs of Israel, and provides for a contiguous, sovereign, recognized State of Palestine with East Jerusalem as its capital, full trade access to Jordan, Egypt and the Mediterranean, continued status quo of the Temple Mount and not one, but TWO luxury resorts.
But... It's not "from the river to the sea" - and so, the islamofascists aren't interested,

Palestinians know from previous experience, that making a deal with Israel'i jews is the same as making a deal with the devil. .. :cool:
well, can an arab state build a modern state ? mention one , maybe Israel occupation is not that bad much like the Afrikaner dominance was in SU

Coyote

Thoughts? This deal *should* meet your objectives for solving the conflict, no?
I am conflicted. The devil is in the details and this was put together by Israel and the US excluding the palestinians. Israel seems to get everything they want. What exactly are the pals getting in terms of what they want? I was listening to an informative set of interviews on this morning on BBC world. I am on my phone and can't download it at the moment, but will later.

One point made was Israel can annex Arab villages to Palestine. What exactly does that mean? Arab Israeli's by far prefer their Israeli citizenship. They chose, they are well integrated. Does this mean forcing people to lose their citizenship? Shouldn't the people affected have some say?
As usual, you have misrepresented the facts. The Palestinians weren't excluded from participation in drawing up the plan, they simply refused to participate. The annexation map was drawn up so that no Arab villages would be annexed. While the Palestinians refused to participate in drawing up the plan, in an effort to be fair, the US worked closely with Arab states including Saudi Arabia and Egypt, both strong supporters of the Palestinian national aspirations, to fairly represent Palestinian interests, and both countries strongly support the plan.

Israel did not get everything it wanted. If the Palestinians agree to participate in the plan, Israel will have to recognize a sovereign Palestinian state in approximately 70% of Judea and Samaria in addition to Gaza, and Israel will have to allow the Palestinians to operate their own shipping companies out of Haifa and Ashdod, allowing the Palestinians direct access to North Africa and Europe without going through Israeli customs. Both of these items are very unpopular in Israel. In addition, Israel will have to agree to a four year freeze on construction in area that go to the Palestinians if they agree to the plan.

What the Palestinians get is US and Israeli recognition of a sovereign state of Palestine in 70% of Judea and Samaria in addition to Gaza - ,making their new state eligible for membership in the UN -their own shipping companies in Haifa and Ashdod that will not have to go through Israeli customs, and sufficient investment in the Palestinian economy - at least $25,000.000,000 - to double or triple their GDP and wages and salaries.

The question is not how this compares with what the Palestinians want, but how this compares to other options the Palestinians can realistically aspire to, and the answer is the only other option is the status quo, all this plan will cost the Palestinians is the inestimable joy they receive from murdering Jews.

Coyote

I am conflicted. The devil is in the details and this was put together by Israel and the US excluding the palestinians. Israel seems to get everything they want. What exactly are the pals getting in terms of what they want? I was listening to an informative set of interviews on this morning on BBC world. I am on my phone and can't download it at the moment, but will later.

One point made was Israel can annex Arab villages to Palestine. What exactly does that mean? Arab Israeli's by far prefer their Israeli citizenship. They chose, they are well integrated. Does this mean forcing people to lose their citizenship? Shouldn't the people affected have some say?
As usual, you have misrepresented the facts. The Palestinians weren't excluded from participation in drawing up the plan, they simply refused to participate. The annexation map was drawn up so that no Arab villages would be annexed. While the Palestinians refused to participate in drawing up the plan, in an effort to be fair, the US worked closely with Arab states including Saudi Arabia and Egypt, both strong supporters of the Palestinian national aspirations, to fairly represent Palestinian interests, and both countries strongly support the plan.

Israel did not get everything it wanted. If the Palestinians agree to participate in the plan, Israel will have to recognize a sovereign Palestinian state in approximately 70% of Judea and Samaria in addition to Gaza, and Israel will have to allow the Palestinians to operate their own shipping companies out of Haifa and Ashdod, allowing the Palestinians direct access to North Africa and Europe without going through Israeli customs. Both of these items are very unpopular in Israel. In addition, Israel will have to agree to a four year freeze on construction in area that go to the Palestinians if they agree to the plan.

What the Palestinians get is US and Israeli recognition of a sovereign state of Palestine in 70% of Judea and Samaria in addition to Gaza - ,making their new state eligible for membership in the UN -their own shipping companies in Haifa and Ashdod that will not have to go through Israeli customs, and sufficient investment in the Palestinian economy - at least $25,000.000,000 - to double or triple their GDP and wages and salaries.

The question is not how this compares with what the Palestinians want, but how this compares to other options the Palestinians can realistically aspire to, and the answer is the only other option is the status quo, all this plan will cost the Palestinians is the inestimable joy they receive from murdering Jews.

Thought it was 50 billion dollars.

Palestinians know from previous experience, that making a deal with Israel'i jews is the same as making a deal with the devil. .. :cool:
Since many Jews live in the US and Israel I hope you do due diligence and make sure you donā€™t deal with them.

Coyote

Thought it was 50 billion dollars.
Twenty five billion directly into the Palestinian economy and twenty five billion into the economies of the states bordering the new Palestinian state to bolster the regional economy.

Since many Jews live in the US and Israel I hope you do due diligence and make sure you donā€™t deal with them.
If you noticed, I was talking about Israeli jews.

I generally don't have a problem with American jews, unless they are hard core zionists. .... :cool:
I hate to break it to you but many Israeli Jews spend half the year in the US and the majority of Jews are Zionists even though they wonā€™t admit it in public.

As far as most Muslim nations are concerned you donā€™t have much to brag about.

I hate to break it to you but many Israeli Jews spend half the year in the US and the majority of Jews are Zionists even though they wonā€™t admit it in public.
Many American jews have dual Israeli citizenship, meaning dual loyalty with a foreign country. Which is another reason jews can't be trusted. Because they would gladly choose Israel over America if forced to make a choice. .. :cool:

Many American jews have dual Israeli citizenship, meaning dual loyalty with a foreign country. Which is another reason they can't be trusted. Because they would gladly choose Israel over America if forced to make a choice. .. :cool:
Which Muslims nations have you visited?

Forum List

Back