Trump calls the House bill he previously called "terrific", MEAN. Someone must have read it to him.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump calls House health care bill 'mean' - CNNPolitics.com

"He made pretty clear that he thinks the House bill leaves people -- many of which probably make up his base -- in a bad place," one congressional source with direct knowledge of the meeting said.

One GOP Senate aide said there wasn't a lot of substance in the meeting.

"I think the whole point of the meeting was just the television shot of Trump surrounded by Ernst and Murkowski," the aide said.

The lawmakers specifically discussed structuring the bill differently than the House bill, Thune said, including ensuring the bill "protects people with pre-existing conditions" and using tax credits to "make the bill work for lower income, elderly people."

"We're keeping our promise to the American people," Trump said Tuesday.

------------------------------------------------------

"We're keeping our promise to the American people," Trump said Tuesday.

From the legislation the GOP is putting together, I think their promise was to f*ck over as many Americans as possible.

Who even knows what Trump supports. We don't know who the last person he talked to is.

Trump is saying the right things.

Let's see if he does that right things.

• Banned

Let's see if he does that right things.
"Right" things? You mean rightwing things like mess with the middle class and screw over they poor? Republicans love doing that sh!t.

Reported on the hill online this morning that their version was more moderate than congress. They would save some of the taxes to fund it many more years than congress.

Let's see if he does the right things.
"Right" things? You mean rightwing things like mess with the middle class and screw over they poor? Republicans love doing that sh!t.
step off, rd, you are as silly as jc and Correll.

We need national health care, and the Senate can get that on the right track.

I've always wondered if Trump actually knew what was in the bill. It's funny how he praised Australia's universal healthcare system, but then also praises the current bill which is the complete opposite of what Australia and every other "normal" country does.

I'm all for free market, except in areas of health and education... Those two sectors have proven they're unable to handle any kind of moral behavior and the free market makes the prices worse not better.

• Banned
Trump calls it "mean".

Mean that they didn't show it to him before. Like other Republicans Trump wants to enjoy the suffering.

I've always wondered if Trump actually knew what was in the bill. It's funny how he praised Australia's universal healthcare system, but then also praises the current bill which is the complete opposite of what Australia and every other "normal" country does.

I'm all for free market, except in areas of health and education... Those two sectors have proven they're unable to handle any kind of moral behavior and the free market makes the prices worse not better.

Even if someone sat him down and read it to him he would not understand. So no he doesn't know know how it would affect anyone.

Forum List

Back