Trump calls Obama 'a very good man' after historic White House meeting

Three days after mocking Trump as not fit to control the codes needed to launch nuclear weapons, Obama told his successor that he wanted him to succeed and would do everything he could to ensure a smooth transition.
Trump, who spent years pursuing Obama over false claims he is not a natural-born American and accused him of being the founder of ISIS on the campaign trail, called Obama a "very good man" and said he would seek his counsel in future.
The extraordinary meeting was a reflection of the swift and sudden change in the political mood between the frenzied last days of an election campaign and the reality of government and the transition of power between to administrations that follows.
"My No. 1 priority in the next two months is to try to facilitate a transition that ensures our President-elect is successful," Obama.said.
Obama told Trump: "If you succeed, the country succeeds," as the two men sat in high-backed chairs in front of the fireplace in the Oval Office.
Trump thanked Obama for the meeting which he said had originally been scheduled for 10 minutes and went on for 90.
"Mr President, it was a great honor being with you and I look forward to being with you many, many more times," Trump said, adding that he and Obama had spoken about some wonderful and difficult things and "some high-flying assets.
<snip>
The President-elect also said he would seek "counsel" from Obama.
As the pool of reporters were led out, Trump told them several times that Obama was "a very good man."
Trump calls Obama 'a very good man' after historic White House meeting - CNNPolitics.com
=================================================
When Trump talked to his supporters after he was congratulated by Clinton and Obama, he commented on the facts he wanted to bring the country together. Both Clinton and Obama urged unity and to move on and support Trump.
It was good see Trump, Clinton and Obama acting like adults with a "country first" message. I'm sure all of this will drive haters on both sides, crazy.
It's time to stop the hate and for us to be country first people in order for this country to succeed.

It's funny how being face-to-face leads to a different outcome than on either sides of duelling microphones or internet keyboards.

You know what I do not worship a jew,

Of course not, you worship Muhammad as your god, with his little pet Djin "allah."

and I firmly believe Bibi was the mastermind behind 911. We give aid to Israel to protect ourselves. Then we give aid to Jordan and Egypt so they let Israel be.

No you don't, but you are a Muzzie Beast, ergo a liar. You know it was you who did 9-11, and you praise Allah for it.

It's called rising to the occasion. Do you think Hillary would have continued to call half of Trump supporters deplorable and unredeemable? But Trump is wrong when he's insulting and wrong when he isn't?

Silly righties . Trump is just showing his liberal true colors . He did what he had too in order to win . He doesn't need the deplorables anymore !
Yes...wait till they see the people he picks to run his Administration. Wait till they see what happens to the promises Drumpf made to the Alt-Right.

He was pretty much making out with Obama! I think he's going to ask Obama to be on the Supreme Court .
Ted Cruz will be going to the Supreme Court… LOL

You mean "lying " Ted? Would he be called "justice lying ted"?

You know what I do not worship a jew,

Of course not, you worship Muhammad as your god, with his little pet Djin "allah."

and I firmly believe Bibi was the mastermind behind 911. We give aid to Israel to protect ourselves. Then we give aid to Jordan and Egypt so they let Israel be.

No you don't, but you are a Muzzie Beast, ergo a liar. You know it was you who did 9-11, and you praise Allah for it.

Crap even Jews tell you ISA 7:14 is not about a virgin birth. No I'm not a Muslim. If I were I'd tell you.

Silly righties . Trump is just showing his liberal true colors . He did what he had too in order to win . He doesn't need the deplorables anymore !
Yes...wait till they see the people he picks to run his Administration. Wait till they see what happens to the promises Drumpf made to the Alt-Right.

He was pretty much making out with Obama! I think he's going to ask Obama to be on the Supreme Court .

You mean "lying " Ted?
Politics is a bloodsport, anyone that wants to be in it has to be thick skinned. snowflakes need not apply

You mean "lying " Ted?
Politics is a bloodsport, anyone that wants to be in it has to be thick skinned. snowflakes need not apply

Thick skin like the Don??

He spent 1/2 the year telling us what a lying scum Ted is . Now he's qualified to be on the Supreme Court?

Three days after mocking Trump as not fit to control the codes needed to launch nuclear weapons, Obama told his successor that he wanted him to succeed and would do everything he could to ensure a smooth transition.
Trump, who spent years pursuing Obama over false claims he is not a natural-born American and accused him of being the founder of ISIS on the campaign trail, called Obama a "very good man" and said he would seek his counsel in future.
The extraordinary meeting was a reflection of the swift and sudden change in the political mood between the frenzied last days of an election campaign and the reality of government and the transition of power between to administrations that follows.
"My No. 1 priority in the next two months is to try to facilitate a transition that ensures our President-elect is successful," Obama.said.
Obama told Trump: "If you succeed, the country succeeds," as the two men sat in high-backed chairs in front of the fireplace in the Oval Office.
Trump thanked Obama for the meeting which he said had originally been scheduled for 10 minutes and went on for 90.
"Mr President, it was a great honor being with you and I look forward to being with you many, many more times," Trump said, adding that he and Obama had spoken about some wonderful and difficult things and "some high-flying assets.
<snip>
The President-elect also said he would seek "counsel" from Obama.
As the pool of reporters were led out, Trump told them several times that Obama was "a very good man."
Trump calls Obama 'a very good man' after historic White House meeting - CNNPolitics.com
=================================================
When Trump talked to his supporters after he was congratulated by Clinton and Obama, he commented on the facts he wanted to bring the country together. Both Clinton and Obama urged unity and to move on and support Trump.
It was good see Trump, Clinton and Obama acting like adults with a "country first" message. I'm sure all of this will drive haters on both sides, crazy.
It's time to stop the hate and for us to be country first people in order for this country to succeed.

I have to give Obama credit, he does appear to be trying to bring the nation together.

To do what support a Piece Of Shit like trump? Cons you have no idea, this POS will be rejected daily until he is gone. It isn't an 'after election' harranging, he is a fascist and dangerous to the country. We understand the ignorants in the sticks do not know history and don't understand which is why they voted for this loser. It doesn't matter what Obama or any other Democrat says, trump is a fascist and will be opposed until he is gone.

Sounds like the same statement liberals later accused the republicans of when they said they would oppose Obama and make him a "one term president". So much for all that racist BS, you just cleared all that up and gave just cause to that kind of rhetoric talk.

Trump is a good man with the country's best interest at heart. He's going to be an excellent president. :2up:

You mean "lying " Ted?

Thick skin like the Don??

He spent 1/2 the year telling us what a lying scum Ted is . Now he's qualified to be on the Supreme Court?
Actually Ted Cruz would be a lot better on the Supreme Court then he is a senator…

We're also fortunate to have Melania as First Lady. She's an awesome lady who will do great things for kids.

This needs to stop. Trump is a piece of shit that will not be recognized as anything but the criminal he is. He will be ignored.

Let us hope some natural cause like pneumonia or old age has him go speak with someone he's never met or thought of. Jesus. Jesus, who will immediatley say "how'd YOU get in here?"

I agree, Trump disgraced the oval office and will as long as he is there. H. Clinton and Pres. Obama took the high road, and Trump he is just acting a part.

Hillary couldn't find the high road....because she smashed all her smartphones with hammers and couldn't use the mapping ap.

She never lost it.

She never had it

Like you guys care about the bill of rights . There's more than just the 2nd you know !

Yes, you Communists have waged war on the 1st, seeking to silence speech, only to get smacked down with CU. You sought to revoke the freedom of religion with Hobby Lobby and Little Sisters of the Poor, you have jailed reporters who reported against the regime. You have waged war on the 4th amendment with warantless searches, you have attacked the 5th and abducted people in the dead of night. You have murdered American citizens who were charged with no crime based on who they were related to.

There is far more than the 2nd.

YOU think that Abortion is the ONLY right that exists - and it isn't even a right.

This needs to stop. Trump is a piece of shit that will not be recognized as anything but the criminal he is. He will be ignored.

Let us hope some natural cause like pneumonia or old age has him go speak with someone he's never met or thought of. Jesus. Jesus, who will immediatley say "how'd YOU get in here?"

I agree, Trump disgraced the oval office and will as long as he is there. H. Clinton and Pres. Obama took the high road, and Trump he is just acting a part.

Hillary couldn't find the high road....because she smashed all her smartphones with hammers and couldn't use the mapping ap.

She never lost it.

Trump's campaign had to take away his cell phone so he wouldn't tweet stupid shit at 3 AM the last few days of the campaign.

He's an 8 year old child that has to have his mommy monitor his cell phone. And these cretins voted for the Piece Of Shit to be president. The human capacity for ignorance is boundless. Obama probably had a juice box available for trump today.

Forum List

Back