Trump attacking soybean farmers was bad enough. Now he’s attacking corn farmers.

Crime in Lewiston, Maine
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Lewiston violent crime is 13.5. (The US average is 22.7)
Lewiston property crime is 35.8. (The US average is 35.4)
YOU SHOULD KNOW

Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims.

Lewiston/Auburn has always been the armpit of Maine, at least as long as I've been alive. Even so, the violent crime rate is WAY below the national average and the property crimes are average. All the trash you're hearing because of the Somali community there is just that--trash. No one said it was Beaver Cleaver's neighborhood, either, but it's not been somehow devastated by the refugees there.
Lewiston, Maine Crime
So you have no
Issues with more Somalian refugees going to that community
I don't live there and I had not heard that more would be arriving. There was the large group that arrived from Congo in Portland, but that's the last I heard.
So you won’t answer that question, not surprised..

How about this one.. was Lewiston poor before the African refugees came in?
Yes.
So you think it’s good policy to flood already poor neighborhoods with the worlds poor? That helps us how? Please explain
It helped Lewiston economically; there is no question about that. 7,500 Somali's ended up settling there, and that's a lot of customers for the businesses in town. Lewiston, like a lot of Maine towns, was losing population. Now it's holding its own.

You will like this article because it tells BOTH sides of that story, honestly.
How A Maine Community Changed By Refugees Came To Embrace Trump

The complaints are pretty much the same as folks have against all immigrants--now that they've got some English and some education, they're competing for the jobs (make up your mind folks--stealing jobs or lazy welfare mooches--which is it?) and changing the face of the schools. Some like that. Some don't.

So you have no
Issues with more Somalian refugees going to that community
I don't live there and I had not heard that more would be arriving. There was the large group that arrived from Congo in Portland, but that's the last I heard.
So you won’t answer that question, not surprised..

How about this one.. was Lewiston poor before the African refugees came in?
Yes.
So you think it’s good policy to flood already poor neighborhoods with the worlds poor? That helps us how? Please explain
It helped Lewiston economically; there is no question about that. 7,500 Somali's ended up settling there, and that's a lot of customers for the businesses in town. Lewiston, like a lot of Maine towns, was losing population. Now it's holding its own.

You will like this article because it tells BOTH sides of that story, honestly.
How A Maine Community Changed By Refugees Came To Embrace Trump

The complaints are pretty much the same as folks have against all immigrants--now that they've got some English and some education, they're competing for the jobs (make up your mind folks--stealing jobs or lazy welfare mooches--which is it?) and changing the face of the schools. Some like that. Some don't.

Lewiston Maine was a mill town, many that live there now are there for the benefits it offers like welfare, food stamps, THAT TOWN IS STRUGGLING..
most Somalians are Muslim and DO NOT ASSIMILATE. They have taken over a park, attacking 10 year old girls. Gang of Somali Kids Attack Park Goers in Lewiston - Maine First Media
They killed a white man, and many have protested the Muslims.
You won’t find many articles talking about the struggle of living with these people because they would be called racist, so many just pray trump helps them.

So you won’t answer my question, how does it help the community to add more poor people to it, what’s the number of non English speaking kids to be added to a struggling school system? A few business are open by them but the majority are on welfare, That’s the question that needs to be answered about today’s immigration. HOW MANY CAN POOR TOWNS CONTINUE TO TAKE.

Maine: Lewiston-Auburn
• (5-year change in crime rate: +7.5 percent) (metro area) -1.4 percent (state)
• 2017 violent crimes per 100,000 people: 157 (metro area) 121 (state)
• 2017 murders: 0 (metro area) 23 (state)
• 2017 unemployment: 3.1 percent (metro area) 3.3 percent (state)

In Lewiston-Auburn, the most dangerous metro area in Maine, the violent crime rate of 157 per 100,000 is less than half the 383 per 100,000 national rate. Lewiston-Auburn was also the only metro area in the state to report an increase in violence in the last five years. The metro area's crime rate rose by 7.5 percent, driven by climbing rates of rape and aggravated assault.

Across Maine, there were just 23 homicides in 2017, less than a quarter of the total number of murders in every U.S. metro area considered with a similar population size to Maine. With a violent crime rate of just 121 incidents per 100,000 people, Maine is the safest state in the country.

Last edited:
U.S. Farmers May Be Angrier, But Their Trump Love Is Growing

(Bloomberg) -- Terms of Trade is a daily newsletter that untangles a world embroiled in trade wars. Sign up here.

On one hand, farmers have never been this critical of the Trump administration and the trade war with China. On the other, their love for the president seems to be growing.

Support for the president rebounded in the past year, with 67% of farmers saying they’d back him for reelection in 2020, according to a survey of 1,150 growers carried out by Farm Futures between July 21 and Aug. 3. That’s up from last year, when backing fell to just under 60% following the introduction of Chinese retaliatory tariffs on American soybeans.

The Trump administration has faced farmer backlash in recent weeks as the U.S.-China trade war means an essential block against American goods in one of the most important buyers. Meanwhile, crazy weather in the Midwest has added to farmer woes as forecasts for big crops from the Department of Agriculture dragged down prices. Things have gotten so heated that the USDA was forced to withdraw its staff from a crop tour last week after a government employee was threatened.

Since the end of the survey period in early August, farm tensions have continued to accelerate as the Trump administration granted waivers allowing some oil refiners to sidestep biofuel mandates, the USDA reiterated its outlook for big crop yields and amid further escalations in the trade war.

Crazy Midwest Weather Spurs Hardest Year Ever for U.S. Farms

Still, growers backing Trump believe something needs to be done about the U.S. trade deficit even if the outcome is bad for agriculture in the short term, said Farm Futures Executive Editor Mike Wilson.

Read more at link
Hilarious! This from your article:

In 2018, farm debt-to-income was at the highest level since 1984, in the midst of the farm crisis. To ease the blow, the Trump administration had pledged about $28 billion in aid.

$28 billion in free money? And the reason they will vote for Trump is because they don’t like free stuff?

That’s nuts.

It’s one thing for Trump to spew out this nonsense and another thing for him to stand and have to defend his bullshit on a debate stage.
And I don’t know any Democrat who’s calling for free everything. Even Elizabeth Warren says everybody should go to college and she put out a plan on how to pay for it.

And what happens when somebody stands up there and says yeah trumps willing to throw out billions over here and billions over there to buy votes. But what happens once he gets elected? Do you think he’s still going to give these people more money? No way, he’s going to say fuck you, you elected me now it’s my turn.

EBU9uDYW4AYYYgg

And what do you think small farms are going to think when they see big barns getting all that money? It reminds you of the tax cuts doesn’t it?

U.S. dairy-export volume decreases

Dairy farm exports is down 14%.

Is there any part of the economy that Trump hasn’t trashed?

If this is winning, I’m terrified of what losing is. Terrified for this country.
Our farmers realize unlike you brain dead Anti-Americans scum of the Party of INFANTICIDE that China had been RAPING America for at least 30 years and MOST are willing to suffer a little now to have a MUCH BETTER trade position in years to come to help America overall...Just for YOU low IQ pondscum, it is called PATRIOTISM....something most of the left laughs at and makes fun of....YOU and your cult our despicable and treasonous!

If this is winning, I’m terrified of what losing is. Terrified for this country.
Our farmers realize unlike you brain dead Anti-Americans scum of the Party of INFANTICIDE that China had been RAPING America for at least 30 years and MOST are willing to suffer a little now to have a MUCH BETTER trade position in years to come to help America overall...Just for YOU low IQ pondscum, it is called PATRIOTISM....something most of the left laughs at and makes fun of....YOU and your cult our despicable and treasonous!
Widening Disparities In Infant Mortality And Life Expectancy Between Appalachia And The Rest Of The United States

Someone on this site said Republicans were pro birth but not pro life. You can tell they’re not pro life because life expectancy is falling in Appalachia the heart of the Republican Party. And infant mortality is rising. They just want to get the babies born, but do they really care whether or not they live. And they don’t care about quality of life. In fact Republicans might even be happier if they suffer a little bit before they die. I don’t know it just seems that way. Don’t you agree?

Trump attacking soybean farmers was bad enough. Now he’s attacking corn farmers.

Ethanol producer blames Indiana plant closure on Trump's EPA

CLOVERDALE, Ind. (AP) — The owner of a western Indiana ethanol plant is blaming its shut down on the Trump administration allowing some refineries to not blend ethanol with gasoline as required under federal law.

Indiana?
South Dakota?

Midwest farmers' Trump loyalty tested by new corn-ethanol rules

“That's our own country stabbing us in the back,” farmer Randy Miller said. “That's the president going, 'The oil companies need to make more than the American farmer.' ... That was just, 'I like the oil company better or I'm friends with the oil company more than I'm friends with the farmer.'”

At least 15 ethanol plants have been shut down or idled since the EPA increased waivers under Trump, and a 16th casualty came Wednesday: the Corn Plus ethanol facility in the south-central Minnesota town of Winnebago. The Renewable Fuels Association says the closures have affected more than 2,500 jobs.

Minnesota?
And that’s from Fox News.

———

It wasn’t enough to trump had ruined the lives of soy bean farmers. Now he’s attacked corn farmers. And prices of everything’s going to go up with all those farmers going bankrupt and losing their jobs.

When they say they’re not sure who they’re going to vote for, what they’re saying is they are ashamed that they voted for Donald Trump because he’s ruining their lives.
What about the candy corn farmers, troll?

Did you guys watch that?

Trump's Secretary of Agriculture was in the Midwest and at a meeting of farmers, he said what do you call two farmers in the cellar?

A "WHINE Cellar".

At first they laughed and then the boos got louder than the laughs.

Trump's Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue tells joke about whining farmers to a room full of them, gets booed
He hires only the best.
lol
Could you imagine if Obama or someone who worked for Obama , went to a group of farmers whose lives he was ruining and told them that two farmers in the cellar is called the whine cellar?

Republicans would’ve gone nuts.

There is such a double Standard with Republicans.

Ethanol producer blames Indiana plant closure on Trump's EPA

CLOVERDALE, Ind. (AP) — The owner of a western Indiana ethanol plant is blaming its shut down on the Trump administration allowing some refineries to not blend ethanol with gasoline as required under federal law.

Indiana?
South Dakota?

Midwest farmers' Trump loyalty tested by new corn-ethanol rules

“That's our own country stabbing us in the back,” farmer Randy Miller said. “That's the president going, 'The oil companies need to make more than the American farmer.' ... That was just, 'I like the oil company better or I'm friends with the oil company more than I'm friends with the farmer.'”

At least 15 ethanol plants have been shut down or idled since the EPA increased waivers under Trump, and a 16th casualty came Wednesday: the Corn Plus ethanol facility in the south-central Minnesota town of Winnebago. The Renewable Fuels Association says the closures have affected more than 2,500 jobs.

Minnesota?
And that’s from Fox News.

———

It wasn’t enough to trump had ruined the lives of soy bean farmers. Now he’s attacked corn farmers. And prices of everything’s going to go up with all those farmers going bankrupt and losing their jobs.

When they say they’re not sure who they’re going to vote for, what they’re saying is they are ashamed that they voted for Donald Trump because he’s ruining their lives.

The taxpayer tit sucking assholes have needed outing for a long long time now. It's long past time to end subsidies for this kinda bullshit. If they can't make it on their own, F em. Subsidies are socalism.

Widening Disparities In Infant Mortality And Life Expectancy Between Appalachia And The Rest Of The United States

Someone on this site said Republicans were pro birth but not pro life. You can tell they’re not pro life because life expectancy is falling in Appalachia the heart of the Republican Party. And infant mortality is rising. They just want to get the babies born, but do they really care whether or not they live. And they don’t care about quality of life. In fact Republicans might even be happier if they suffer a little bit before they die. I don’t know it just seems that way. Don’t you agree?
And the Surrender Monkey did what for 8 years???....You really like being bitch slapped, you dumbass!

EDQC8BcXoAAMG4M

EDQC8BcXUAAOMqc

How long do you think farmers are going to support Trump when they don’t even have any farms anymore?

And the Surrender Monkey did what for 8 years???....You really like being bitch slapped, you dumbass!
Oh I don’t know, how about fight Republicans who said they would hurt the country to destroy his presidency?
Remember that?

Oh I don’t know, how about fight Republicans who said they would hurt the country to destroy his presidency?
Remember that?
You mean like Bill Maher

Maher: I'm "Hoping" For "A Crashing Economy" So We Can Get Rid Of Trump, "Bring On The Recession"

[ i’m watching Trump right now on Fox and he said the farmers are really happy with what he’s doing and they told him to continue the fight with China.

Remember that?
You mean like Bill Maher

Maher: I'm "Hoping" For "A Crashing Economy" So We Can Get Rid Of Trump, "Bring On The Recession"
I don’t like Bill Maher. He’s too smug and arrogant and he’s kind of stupid.

Remember that?
You mean like Bill Maher

I don’t like Bill Maher. He’s too smug and arrogant and he’s kind of stupid.
Just like YOU!

Gee I wonder what an EV standard would do to ethanol......Absolute crime how much food we waste in our gas

Forum List

Back