Trump attacking soybean farmers was bad enough. Now he’s attacking corn farmers.

Trump attacking soybean farmers was bad enough. Now he’s attacking corn farmers.

Ethanol producer blames Indiana plant closure on Trump's EPA

CLOVERDALE, Ind. (AP) — The owner of a western Indiana ethanol plant is blaming its shut down on the Trump administration allowing some refineries to not blend ethanol with gasoline as required under federal law.

Indiana?
South Dakota?

Midwest farmers' Trump loyalty tested by new corn-ethanol rules

“That's our own country stabbing us in the back,” farmer Randy Miller said. “That's the president going, 'The oil companies need to make more than the American farmer.' ... That was just, 'I like the oil company better or I'm friends with the oil company more than I'm friends with the farmer.'”

At least 15 ethanol plants have been shut down or idled since the EPA increased waivers under Trump, and a 16th casualty came Wednesday: the Corn Plus ethanol facility in the south-central Minnesota town of Winnebago. The Renewable Fuels Association says the closures have affected more than 2,500 jobs.

Minnesota?
And that’s from Fox News.

———

It wasn’t enough to trump had ruined the lives of soy bean farmers. Now he’s attacked corn farmers. And prices of everything’s going to go up with all those farmers going bankrupt and losing their jobs.

When they say they’re not sure who they’re going to vote for, what they’re saying is they are ashamed that they voted for Donald Trump because he’s ruining their lives.
People don't think about this, but fishermen are also "agricultural" workers. They harvest the sea. When the tariffs first went into effect last year, fishermen optimistically looked for different markets. Apparently, that hasn't worked quite as well as they'd hoped.
Let's hope for everyone's sake that the Maine lobster market doesn't go belly up. Besides being a major industry in Maine, people all over the country LOVE them. It would be pretty sad if we had to import them from Canada!
12785143_H25264716-720x445.jpg

Robert F. Bukaty | AP
A 3.5 pound lobster is held by a dealer at Cape Porpoise in Kennebunkport on Saturday. America's lobster exports to China have plummeted this year as new retaliatory tariffs have shifted business to Canada.

Patrick Whittle, The Associated Press • August 25, 2019 3:01 pm
Updated: August 25, 2019 3:03 pm

U.S. lobster exports to China have fallen off a cliff this year as new retaliatory tariffs shift the seafood business farther north.

China, a huge and growing customer for lobster, placed heavy tariffs on U.S. lobsters — and many other food products — in July 2018 amid rising trade hostilities between the Chinese and the Trump administration.

Meanwhile, business is booming in Canada, where cargo planes are coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Moncton, New Brunswick, to handle a growing bump in exports. Canadian fishermen catch the same species of lobster as American lobstermen, who are based mostly in Maine.

The loss of business has brought layoffs to some Maine businesses, such as The Lobster Co., of Arundel, where owner Stephanie Nadeau has laid off half the 14 people she once had working in wholesale.

Maine lobster industry losing business to Canada because of Chinese tariffs
I didn’t even know they could farm lobsters. You learn something every day.
Are you saying fishermen aren't being hit by these tariffs? Because they are.
-------------------------------- such is Life with its ups and downs OldLady .
Oh, I know. Fishermen are always bellyachin' about something--bait prices and fuel going sky high, lobsters coming late because the water is cold in Massachusetts this year, prices too low to afford hauling the traps, licenses not available, on and on. But losing a hefty chunk of their market? That's a new one and it obviously is hurting Mainers. Who cares about us, though? They aren't subsidized, although Susan Collins and Angus King both pushed to have fishermen included. They are being impacted on the west coast, as well.

CLOVERDALE, Ind. (AP) — The owner of a western Indiana ethanol plant is blaming its shut down on the Trump administration allowing some refineries to not blend ethanol with gasoline as required under federal law.

Indiana?
South Dakota?

“That's our own country stabbing us in the back,” farmer Randy Miller said. “That's the president going, 'The oil companies need to make more than the American farmer.' ... That was just, 'I like the oil company better or I'm friends with the oil company more than I'm friends with the farmer.'”

At least 15 ethanol plants have been shut down or idled since the EPA increased waivers under Trump, and a 16th casualty came Wednesday: the Corn Plus ethanol facility in the south-central Minnesota town of Winnebago. The Renewable Fuels Association says the closures have affected more than 2,500 jobs.

Minnesota?

———

It wasn’t enough to trump had ruined the lives of soy bean farmers. Now he’s attacked corn farmers. And prices of everything’s going to go up with all those farmers going bankrupt and losing their jobs.

When they say they’re not sure who they’re going to vote for, what they’re saying is they are ashamed that they voted for Donald Trump because he’s ruining their lives.
People don't think about this, but fishermen are also "agricultural" workers. They harvest the sea. When the tariffs first went into effect last year, fishermen optimistically looked for different markets. Apparently, that hasn't worked quite as well as they'd hoped.
Let's hope for everyone's sake that the Maine lobster market doesn't go belly up. Besides being a major industry in Maine, people all over the country LOVE them. It would be pretty sad if we had to import them from Canada!

Robert F. Bukaty | AP
A 3.5 pound lobster is held by a dealer at Cape Porpoise in Kennebunkport on Saturday. America's lobster exports to China have plummeted this year as new retaliatory tariffs have shifted business to Canada.

U.S. lobster exports to China have fallen off a cliff this year as new retaliatory tariffs shift the seafood business farther north.

China, a huge and growing customer for lobster, placed heavy tariffs on U.S. lobsters — and many other food products — in July 2018 amid rising trade hostilities between the Chinese and the Trump administration.

Meanwhile, business is booming in Canada, where cargo planes are coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia, and Moncton, New Brunswick, to handle a growing bump in exports. Canadian fishermen catch the same species of lobster as American lobstermen, who are based mostly in Maine.

The loss of business has brought layoffs to some Maine businesses, such as The Lobster Co., of Arundel, where owner Stephanie Nadeau has laid off half the 14 people she once had working in wholesale.

Oh, I know. Fishermen are always bellyachin' about something--bait prices and fuel going sky high, lobsters coming late because the water is cold in Massachusetts this year, prices too low to afford hauling the traps, licenses not available, on and on. But losing a hefty chunk of their market? That's a new one and it obviously is hurting Mainers. Who cares about us, though? They aren't subsidized, although Susan Collins and Angus King both pushed to have fishermen included. They are being impacted on the west coast, as well.
While I don’t know Angus King, is there anybody in the world who still believes what Susan Collins has to say?

So you guys understand that if Trump offers you free money it’s just until after the election. After that you’re on your own. In fact his attacks might even be worse.

Robert F. Bukaty | AP

While I don’t know Angus King, is there anybody in the world who still believes what Susan Collins has to say?
I do, and she's my senator, so it counts.

So you guys understand that if Trump offers you free money it’s just until after the election. After that you’re on your own. In fact his attacks might even be worse.
Why wouldn’t democrats continue to pay farmers until the trade war is over?

It’s not Democrats who don’t like to help people.

You know Trump is only doing this to get reelected. If he gets reelected no more help for farmers. And he’ll fuck them over big time.
No more help for anybody. Trump will fuck over everybody he can. Because that’s his nature.

You know Trump is only doing this to get reelected. If he gets reelected no more help for farmers. And he’ll fuck them over big time.
No more help for anybody. Trump will fuck over everybody he can. Because that’s his nature.
Cool story

Cool story
And true, that’s the best part.

Indiana?
South Dakota?

Minnesota?

———

Robert F. Bukaty | AP

There is a lot of stuff you do not know...

Fish and lobster farming is a big business for the Vietnamese...

Cool story

Your opinion

What is she doing about Lewiston Maine?

Cool story
Only in your Brian ha

What is she doing about Lewiston Maine?
Nothing. Why would she?

Lol best democrat response all day haha congrats
Crime in Lewiston, Maine
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Lewiston violent crime is 13.5. (The US average is 22.7)
Lewiston property crime is 35.8. (The US average is 35.4)
YOU SHOULD KNOW

Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims.

Lewiston/Auburn has always been the armpit of Maine, at least as long as I've been alive. Even so, the violent crime rate is WAY below the national average and the property crimes are average. All the trash you're hearing because of the Somali community there is just that--trash. No one said it was Beaver Cleaver's neighborhood, either, but it's not been somehow devastated by the refugees there.
Lewiston, Maine Crime

Lol best democrat response all day haha congrats
Crime in Lewiston, Maine
Crime is ranked on a scale of 1 (low crime) to 100 (high crime)

Lewiston violent crime is 13.5. (The US average is 22.7)
Lewiston property crime is 35.8. (The US average is 35.4)
YOU SHOULD KNOW

Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims.

Lewiston/Auburn has always been the armpit of Maine, at least as long as I've been alive. Even so, the violent crime rate is WAY below the national average and the property crimes are average. All the trash you're hearing because of the Somali community there is just that--trash. No one said it was Beaver Cleaver's neighborhood, either, but it's not been somehow devastated by the refugees there.
Lewiston, Maine Crime
So you have no
Issues with more Somalian refugees going to that community

Forum List

Back