Trump asks Supreme Court to block the release of his tax returns

Of course not.

But I'm also smart enough to comprehend that my personal distaste for something should, in no way, shape or form, compell someone to do something which they are not legally required to do. Going to court to get his returns released is beyond the pale and shouldn't be done...
Lol you keep saying that I want it to be legally required but I NEVER said that. You are the only one talking about that.

Lol you keep saying that I want it to be legally required but I NEVER said that. You are the only one talking about that.

I have never said you want it to be legally required, and I challenge you to show where I have.

You're confused.

I'm talking about whether or not Trump should be compelled to release his returns. Your only argument is that others have done it. That's it. That's all you've got. What I'm saying is that if you want to ensure that Presidents release their returns, make it a law that they do so.

I don't honestly give a shit what you "want". That's a sure fire way to ensure you get what you want, though...

I have never said you want it to be legally required, and I challenge you to show where I have.

You're confused.

I'm talking about whether or not Trump should be compelled to release his returns. Your only argument is that others have done it. That's it. That's all you've got. What I'm saying is that if you want to ensure that Presidents release their returns, make it a law that they do so.

I don't honestly give a shit what you "want". That's a sure fire way to ensure you get what you want, though...
Well since we are on the same page as far as that goes, I again think you should consider your philosophy about Trump not doing it because he isn’t obligated to hypocritical if you criticize anything democrats do or don’t do outside of a legal obligation to do so. That logic works both ways, champ.

Well since we are on the same page as far as that goes, I again think you should consider your philosophy about Trump not doing it because he isn’t obligated to hypocritical if you criticize anything democrats do or don’t do outside of a legal obligation to do so. That logic works both ways, champ.

No, "Champ", that's not how it works.

For argument's sake, let's say Biden didn't release his returns. It would be perfectly acceptable for me to be critical of him for not doing that, just as it's perfectly acceptable for you to be critical of Trump.

The difference is that, despite how much I might not like the fact that Biden didn't release them, I wouldn't sue to force their release. Yet, that's exactly what the democrats are doing to Trump.

There is zero hypocrisy in my position on this, simply because I can accept the fact that a President (or a candidate) has the right not to release their tax returns. Democrats, on the other hand, are wholly incapable of accepting that...

No, "Champ", that's not how it works.

For argument's sake, let's say Biden didn't release his returns. It would be perfectly acceptable for me to be critical of him for not doing that, just as it's perfectly acceptable for you to be critical of Trump.

The difference is that, despite how much I might not like the fact that Biden didn't release them, I wouldn't sue to force their release. Yet, that's exactly what the democrats are doing to Trump.

There is zero hypocrisy in my position on this, simply because I can accept the fact that a President (or a candidate) has the right not to release their tax returns. Democrats, on the other hand, are wholly incapable of accepting that...
Lol okay hold the fucking phone. You said at the beginning of this that the whole thing wasn’t of anyone’s business. If that were true, you wouldn’t be now allowing me to expect Trump to release him on his own free will. You’re blatantly changing your narrative.

Also, the reason why Trump is being compelled to release them is because it is related to a specific investigation into him in NY. If there was no investigation, he wouldn’t have been sued. This all started in 2019 which was 4 years after Trump initially refused to release them and made up a bullshit excuses about them being audited.

Lol okay hold the fucking phone. You said at the beginning of this that the whole thing wasn’t of anyone’s business. If that were true, you wouldn’t be now allowing me to expect Trump to release him on his own free will. You’re blatantly changing your narrative.

No, I'm not.

You can demand anything you want from the guy. It won't change the fact that, legally, he's under no obligation to produce it. It's not any of your business, but you can go ahead and ask. For instance, you can ask me how much money I made last year or how many times I got laid last week. You're perfectly within your rights to ask me such things.

I, on the other hand, am also perfectly within my rights to not respond...

Also, the reason why Trump is being compelled to release them is because it is related to a specific investigation into him in NY. If there was no investigation, he wouldn’t have been sued. This all started in 2019 which was 4 years after Trump initially refused to release them and made up a bullshit excuses about them being audited.

And what was the impetus of that initial request for his returns?

It was rooted in blatant partisanship and, as such, it should've been snubbed. What we're seeing now is a retaliatory strike against Trump. He did nothing wring when he didn't release his returns, yet the idiocy that is the democratic party wants to punish him for it...

No, I'm not.

You can demand anything you want from the guy. It won't change the fact that, legally, he's under no obligation to produce it. It's not any of your business, but you can go ahead and ask. For instance, you can ask me how much money I made last year or how many times I got laid last week. You're perfectly within your rights to ask me such things.

I, on the other hand, am also perfectly within my rights to not respond...

And what was the impetus of that initial request for his returns?

It was rooted in blatant partisanship and, as such, it should've been snubbed. What we're seeing now is a retaliatory strike against Trump. He did nothing wring when he didn't release his returns, yet the idiocy that is the democratic party wants to punish him for it...
Bullshit. If you wanted to know something about a democrat that was not legally obligated and I told you “that’s none of your business”, you would freak out. You just changed your narrative midway in this conversation.

The INITIAL ask for his tax returns did not involve a lawsuit which is what you’re talking about right now. It was only because of this investigation that he was being compelled to hand them over.

See you can’t expect this “it’s not mandatory” to be good reason for him not to do it. It doesn’t fly. It’s just a convenient excuse you’re blowing. There are plenty of things leaders should do even if not all of them are legally mandated. If any democrat did this instead, you people would not shut the fuck up about it. There would be daily threads on here saying:

“what’s he hiding?!”,

“the American people deserve to know how he became a millionaire!”.

“Democrats are corrupt. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn’t he just release them!”

That doesn’t apply to Trump though! He’s a business man of the utmost integrity! That’s how he become a BILLIONAIRE. Derp derp derp!
It might be a good thing to do if it wasn't for sleazy progs who lie about everything and turn everything into a political football.

Bullshit. If you wanted to know something about a democrat that was not legally obligated and I told you “that’s none of your business”, you would freak out. You just changed your narrative midway in this conversation.

The INITIAL ask for his tax returns did not involve a lawsuit which is what you’re talking about right now. It was only because of this investigation that he was being compelled to hand them over.
That's total horseshit, of course. The only reason for the investigation is so the Dim criminals can get their hands on Trump's returns.

Who are you trying to fool?

No I didn't, and continuing to insist that I have only makes you more stuid that you obviously are.

Sure, maybe I would freak out and be upset. But here's the important part, pinhead: I'm smart enough to know that I would have to accept the fact that I could do nothing to compel the release of that information.

Clearly, you're unburdened by any measurable level of intelligence, so you don't understand what that means...

Yes, the initial request for him to release his returns came about in the regular course of campaigning. But idiot democrats have been doing anything and everything they can think of to get their hands on them, and they finally think they've got what they need to compel the release...

Every president in the last 4 decades has done this.

If Trump had the utmost integrity when discussing his business dealings and net worth, why wouldn’t he just release them? Talk about schooling those libs with the truth! He has nothing to hide!

Instead he has desperately taken this issue to the Supreme Court.

The Republican justification for this is logic they came up with on the spot when this was first discussed: “it’s no one’s business!”

Right I’m sure you would have been perfectly fine if Obama had blocked his returns instead. He deserves the utmost financial privacy like Trump does.

Okay. He blocked the release of anything he wrote while in college, and no one went on a multi-year rant trying to get hold of his papers. Sure, he could have withheld them, just like TRUMP! chose to.

That's total horseshit, of course. The only reason for the investigation is so the Dim criminals can get their hands on Trump's returns.

Who are you trying to fool?
It's beyond obvious. They wouldn't be able to read the returns if they were staring at them. What they want is a line item a talking head tells them says something negative about TRUMP! that they can pretend they understand and can jump up and down around the campfire, hooting and hollering about.

No I didn't, and continuing to insist that I have only makes you more stuid that you obviously are.

Sure, maybe I would freak out and be upset. But here's the important part, pinhead: I'm smart enough to know that I would have to accept the fact that I could do nothing to compel the release of that information.

Clearly, you're unburdened by any measurable level of intelligence, so you don't understand what that means...

Yes, the initial request for him to release his returns came about in the regular course of campaigning. But idiot democrats have been doing anything and everything they can think of to get their hands on them, and they finally think they've got what they need to compel the release...
The funny thing is, they couldn't understand them if they had them.

It's beyond obvious. They wouldn't be able to read the returns if they were staring at them. What they want is a line item a talking head tells them says something negative about TRUMP! that they can pretend they understand and can jump up and down around the campfire, hooting and hollering about.
Of course, they will deliberately misinterpret ever thing in it, like they did with Romney's returns. These scumbags apparently believe we don't know how they operate. They trying to tell Trump that he can kick the football.

Of course, they will deliberately misinterpret ever thing in it, like they did with Romney's returns. These scumbags apparently believe we don't know how they operate. They trying to tell Trump that he can kick the football.
Yup, the only thing that shut them up about it was when Maddow got egg all over herself by showing a return where he paid millions in taxes. She thought she finally had him, and it blew up in her face.

Lol you keep talking about me thinking Trump should be compelled. I already told you I don’t think he should be compelled in general to do this. Of course, given the special circumstance of the NY investigation that he’s probably guilty of, he SHOULD be compelled. That all started in 2019. In 2015 when he first said he would not release them, the thought never crossed my mind that someone should force him.

Lol you keep talking about me thinking Trump should be compelled. I already told you I don’t think he should be compelled in general to do this. Of course, given the special circumstance of the NY investigation that he’s probably guilty of, he SHOULD be compelled. That all started in 2019. In 2015 when he first said he would not release them, the thought never crossed my mind that someone should force him.

And that's where you lose this debate.

If the NY State's Attorney's Office wants to investigate him, have at it. The reality is that their investigation likely stalls and dies without those tax returns. The problem then becomes that they need Trump to cooperate in the investigation against him, which is a violation of the 4th Amendment...

Okay. He blocked the release of anything he wrote while in college, and no one went on a multi-year rant trying to get hold of his papers. Sure, he could have withheld them, just like TRUMP! chose to.
Since when was it a thing for presidents to release their college papers? What would that even be for? If you’d want to bust him on plagiarism, the university could have easily done that themselves and took the appropriate punishment.

And that's where you lose this debate.

If the NY State's Attorney's Office wants to investigate him, have at it. The reality is that their investigation likely stalls and dies without those tax returns. The problem then becomes that they need Trump to cooperate in the investigation against him, which is a violation of the 4th Amendment...
Except that no one is forcing Trump to say shit so that’s irrelevant.

Forum List

Back