Trump Asking Appeals Court To Keep His Attempt To Overthrow Democracy A Secret

I don't have to claim TDS, snowflake. You snowflakes demonstrate it every single day. Trump has permanent residence, rent free, in that pea-sizef brain of yours, 24/7.
Because ALL that is left of that "empty shell" of POS trump is your memories of.........Broken Promises.

MWPFTW. They didn't and it wasn't built.LOL
Health Care...... "Who knew HC would/could be so difficult"
"ObamaCare, gone, day #1."
Reduce the Debt......LLLLOOOLOL. Largest Increase EVER.

Yup, I'm loaded with Broken Promises and also TDS. FU.

Because ALL that is left of that "empty shell" of POS trump is your memories of.........Broken Promises.

MWPFTW. They didn't and it wasn't built.LOL
Health Care...... "Who knew HC would/could be so difficult"
"ObamaCare, gone, day #1."
Reduce the Debt......LLLLOOOLOL. Largest Increase EVER.

Yup, I'm loaded with Broken Promises and also TDS. FU.

The more Trump lies and cheats his base - the more they love him. Damn, that's insanely hilarious. He even pardoned Bannon after he pocketed hundreds of thousands of dollars of "supposed" wall money.

1637218770322.png

That's how I feel about Trump supporters - except the "cool" part. I use "insane".

Last edited:
xiden will rue the day he weakens executive privilege. But hey, he probably won't be around long enough for it to bit him in the ass. 2023 will be a very interesting year when the republicans are in charge of congress. Also I see you have no problems with xiden violating his oath. Hypocrite much?

What executive privilege? Trump is not president and no public executive. No privilege exists or has ever existed after leaving office.

What executive privilege? Trump is not president and no public executive. No privilege exists or has ever existed after leaving office.
There is executive privilege, even for past presidents over certain contents of their papers. Such as advice from a presidents cabinet and staff.

But that is not the case here. Trump is blocking all records, including white house visitor logs, white house call logs, and other bureaucratic records of white house operations.

Oh, I have to add that executive privilege only covers those communications about a presidents executive responsibilities. If Obama received advice from his executives about what to get Michelle for her birthday, that would not fall under the privilege.

A trial court previously refused to block the House committee investigating the Capitol riot from examining documents from his White House.

WASHINGTON ― Former President Donald Trump’s efforts to remain in power by effectively overthrowing the Constitution should remain a secret under that same document’s concept of “executive privilege,” his lawyers are telling a federal appellate court a week after the identical argument was rejected by a trial court judge.

Lawyers Jesse Binnall and Justin Clark warn that if the judges allow the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol to have access to Trump’s documents, future presidents will suffer, too.

“It is naïve to assume that the fallout will be limited to President Trump or the events of January 6, 2021. Every Congress will point to some unprecedented thing about ‘this president’ to justify a request for his presidential records,” they wrote in a filing this week to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. “In these hyper-partisan times, Congress will increasingly and inevitably use this new weapon to perpetually harass its political rival.”

The Biden White House, the House committee and U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan all have accepted as a basic premise that the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol was an extraordinary event that calls for extraordinary measures.

“The documents shed light on events within the White House on and about Jan. 6 and bear on the select committee’s need to understand the facts underlying the most serious attack on the operations of the federal government since the Civil War,” White House counsel Dana Remus wrote in an Oct. 8 letter to the National Archives, approving release of the first batch of documents.

Trump wants Appeals Court to keep his attempt to overthrow democracy a secret? A secret? He pretty much did it all in plain sight - but we need to know the details that he is trying to keep secret. Trump tried to overthrow a presidential election that he lost - and the January 6 assault on the Capitol was an extraordinary event that calls for extraordinary measures. What do you think?
giphy.gif

Oh, I have to add that executive privilege only covers those communications about a presidents executive responsibilities. If Obama received advice from his executives about what to get Michelle for her birthday, that would not fall under the privilege.

Amen!

Me thinks you're full of shit. Evidently the records are off limits for 5 years without a letter.

From the link: “If a president were to die in office without signing a letter similar to the one Obama signed in July, much of that confidential advice could go public after five years,” the Politico report said.

A trial court previously refused to block the House committee investigating the Capitol riot from examining documents from his White House.

WASHINGTON ― Former President Donald Trump’s efforts to remain in power by effectively overthrowing the Constitution should remain a secret under that same document’s concept of “executive privilege,” his lawyers are telling a federal appellate court a week after the identical argument was rejected by a trial court judge.

Lawyers Jesse Binnall and Justin Clark warn that if the judges allow the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol to have access to Trump’s documents, future presidents will suffer, too.

“It is naïve to assume that the fallout will be limited to President Trump or the events of January 6, 2021. Every Congress will point to some unprecedented thing about ‘this president’ to justify a request for his presidential records,” they wrote in a filing this week to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. “In these hyper-partisan times, Congress will increasingly and inevitably use this new weapon to perpetually harass its political rival.”

The Biden White House, the House committee and U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan all have accepted as a basic premise that the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol was an extraordinary event that calls for extraordinary measures.

“The documents shed light on events within the White House on and about Jan. 6 and bear on the select committee’s need to understand the facts underlying the most serious attack on the operations of the federal government since the Civil War,” White House counsel Dana Remus wrote in an Oct. 8 letter to the National Archives, approving release of the first batch of documents.

Trump wants Appeals Court to keep his attempt to overthrow democracy a secret? A secret? He pretty much did it all in plain sight - but we need to know the details that he is trying to keep secret. Trump tried to overthrow a presidential election that he lost - and the January 6 assault on the Capitol was an extraordinary event that calls for extraordinary measures. What do you think?
I do get comic relief from your useless wind bag posts. Overthrow? You are so full of S your eyes are brown.

Me thinks you're full of shit. Evidently the records are off limits for 5 years without a letter.

From the link: “If a president were to die in office without signing a letter similar to the one Obama signed in July, much of that confidential advice could go public after five years,” the Politico report said.

Interesting. Had not heard that. I thought executive privilege ended when they quit being an executive. Surprised trump did not put something like that in place before he left office, but of course he was already involved in a specific incident that inquiring minds were and still are wanting to get to the bottom of. I am surprised your 5 year thing is not being discussed and debated on FOX or other news outlets. At this stage of the game, it is mostly a bunch more left-wing/right-wing hoorah that will have little effect on trump. I actually figure a guy that would have his own interpreter's official transcript of a meeting with Vlad burned, would not actually preserve too much to be found on this deal, if he was actually in on any planning of an assault on the capital.

Interesting. Had not heard that. I thought executive privilege ended when they quit being an executive. Surprised trump did not put something like that in place before he left office, but of course he was already involved in a specific incident that inquiring minds were and still are wanting to get to the bottom of. I am surprised your 5 year thing is not being discussed and debated on FOX or other news outlets. At this stage of the game, it is mostly a bunch more left-wing/right-wing hoorah that will have little effect on trump. I actually figure a guy that would have his own interpreter's official transcript of a meeting with Vlad burned, would not actually preserve too much to be found on this deal, if he was actually in on any planning of an assault on the capital.

Well your day wasn't wasted, you learned something.

Well your day wasn't wasted, you learned something.
And apparently you learned nothing. Did you actually read the article you cited?

Breckenridge would retain discretion over which advice and appointment-related records should be made public, according to Politico.

This covers documents that would be covered by executive privilege, those giving him presidential advice on executive and administrative matters.

Things like phone logs, and visitor logs aren't presidential advice, and hence not subject to privilege.

And apparently you learned nothing. Did you actually read the article you cited?

Breckenridge would retain discretion over which advice and appointment-related records should be made public, according to Politico.

This covers documents that would be covered by executive privilege, those giving him presidential advice on executive and administrative matters.

Things like phone logs, and visitor logs aren't presidential advice, and hence not subject to privilege.

Damn, you ain't too bright are ya? That would depend on the purpose of the call or visit.

Last edited:
Damn, you ain't too bright are ya? That would depend on the purpose of the call or visit.
The purpose is irrelevant, since those records don't indicate the reason for the visit, just who visited and when. Or who called and when.

New Topics

Forum List

Back