Trump and Russia -- The connection That May Be Trump's October Surprise

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
You need to read the articles for yourself because I'm not going to detail it all out for you. The short is that some scientists appear to have found the "smoking gun" that shows Trump's assertion that he has no connections with Russia are categorically untrue.
  1. A Group of Computer Scientists Believes a Trump Server Was Communicating With a Russian Bank
  2. Bears in the Midst: Intrusion into the Democratic National Committee »
The articles are written roughly for non-techies, but even so, one needs a certain level of tech savvy, more specifically Internet savvy, to understand what the scientists discovered.

The alleged actors involved, of course, deny that what's been observed is in fact what has been observed. From the article:

I asked nine computer scientists—some who agreed to speak on the record, some who asked for anonymity—if the DNS logs that Tea Leaves and his collaborators discovered could be forged or manipulated. They considered it nearly impossible. It would be easy enough to fake one or maybe even a dozen records of DNS lookups. But in the aggregate, the logs contained thousands of records, with nuances and patterns that not even the most skilled programmers would be able to recreate on this scale. “The data has got the right kind of fuzz growing on it,” Vixie told me.
It's worth noting that the first article's author notes that the scientists weren't seeking a single smoking gun -- because of the potential fallibility of such a single data point, e.g., an errant piece of spam caroming between servers, a misdirected email that kept trying to reach its destination, which created the impression of sustained communication -- but rather a "preponderance of evidence" case.

What the scientists amassed isn't a smoking gun. It’s a suggestive body of evidence that doesn’t absolutely preclude alternative explanations. But this evidence arrives in the broader context of the campaign and everything else that has come to light: The efforts of Donald Trump’s former campaign manager to bring Ukraine into Vladimir Putin’s orbit; the other Trump adviser whose communications with senior Russian officials have worried intelligence officials; the Russian hacking of the DNC and John Podesta’s email

The scientists's findings have been challenged on the Internet when they were first disclosed. Those objections were roundly "tarnished by several incorrect assumptions" and the critic mollified his stance in turn.

"Tea Leaves" -- pseudonym of one of the lead scientists -- and his colleagues plotted the data from the logs on a timeline. What it illustrated was suggestive: The conversation between the Trump and Alfa servers appeared to follow the contours of political happenings in the United States. “At election-related moments, the traffic peaked,” according to Camp. There were considerably more DNS lookups, for instance, during the two conventions.

Start: DNS lookup history start date.
RFC from Alfa-Bank: Alfa-Bank rep provided with 2 ips, hostname, count.
Errors: 4:11 a.m. UTC: DNS lookup errors Trump-Email.com.
Errors: 1:12 a.m. UTC: DNS lookup errors Trump-Email.com.
Taken down: 9:53 a.m. EST USA time: Trump-Email.com deleted from Trump authoritative name server zone.
There are some related -- related as in Trump or his allies and Russia -- news stories that came out in the past 24 hours although the one referenced above is but three hours old as of this posting:

Trump said Wednesday that he hopes a country that just happens to be one of the United States' most antagonistic fellow world powers — Russia — has or would obtain unreleased emails from Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

"They probably have her 33,000 emails, too. I hope they do," he said, adding later: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

grounds for an investigation right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Meanwhile Crooked Hillary and her criminal syndicate sold military grade uranium to the Russians!

You need to read the articles for yourself because I'm not going to detail it all out for you. The short is that some scientists appear to have found the "smoking gun" that shows Trump's assertion that he has no connections with Russia are categorically untrue.
  1. A Group of Computer Scientists Believes a Trump Server Was Communicating With a Russian Bank
The articles are written roughly for non-techies, but even so, one needs a certain level of tech savvy, more specifically Internet savvy, to understand what the scientists discovered.

The alleged actors involved, of course, deny that what's been observed is in fact what has been observed. From the article:

I asked nine computer scientists—some who agreed to speak on the record, some who asked for anonymity—if the DNS logs that Tea Leaves and his collaborators discovered could be forged or manipulated. They considered it nearly impossible. It would be easy enough to fake one or maybe even a dozen records of DNS lookups. But in the aggregate, the logs contained thousands of records, with nuances and patterns that not even the most skilled programmers would be able to recreate on this scale. “The data has got the right kind of fuzz growing on it,” Vixie told me.
It's worth noting that the first article's author notes that the scientists weren't seeking a single smoking gun -- because of the potential fallibility of such a single data point, e.g., an errant piece of spam caroming between servers, a misdirected email that kept trying to reach its destination, which created the impression of sustained communication -- but rather a "preponderance of evidence" case.

What the scientists amassed isn't a smoking gun. It’s a suggestive body of evidence that doesn’t absolutely preclude alternative explanations. But this evidence arrives in the broader context of the campaign and everything else that has come to light: The efforts of Donald Trump’s former campaign manager to bring Ukraine into Vladimir Putin’s orbit; the other Trump adviser whose communications with senior Russian officials have worried intelligence officials; the Russian hacking of the DNC and John Podesta’s email

The scientists's findings have been challenged on the Internet when they were first disclosed. Those objections were roundly "tarnished by several incorrect assumptions" and the critic mollified his stance in turn.

"Tea Leaves" -- pseudonym of one of the lead scientists -- and his colleagues plotted the data from the logs on a timeline. What it illustrated was suggestive: The conversation between the Trump and Alfa servers appeared to follow the contours of political happenings in the United States. “At election-related moments, the traffic peaked,” according to Camp. There were considerably more DNS lookups, for instance, during the two conventions.

Taken down: 9:53 a.m. EST USA time: Trump-Email.com deleted from Trump authoritative name server zone.
There are some related -- related as in Trump or his allies and Russia -- news stories that came out in the past 24 hours although the one referenced above is but three hours old as of this posting:

DESPERATION!

Talk about stretching. lol

Trump said Wednesday that he hopes a country that just happens to be one of the United States' most antagonistic fellow world powers — Russia — has or would obtain unreleased emails from Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

"They probably have her 33,000 emails, too. I hope they do," he said, adding later: "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

grounds for an investigation right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You want a hope investigated?

This is crazy/ Just so you know. I\m the woman with long black hair to her ass wearing camo gear. Come on up. I'll host you. You will be welcome here.This is wild.

DESPERATION!

What are you guys going to do?

image.jpeg

Meanwhile Crooked Hillary and her criminal syndicate sold military grade uranium to the Russians!

Pay no attention to Crooked Hillary behind the curtain.

Who cares if podesta "wet work " and "Make and example" sounds like John Gotti ordering a hit

I thought Trump said that well before this past Wednesday. LOL

Per the article....a very "capacious" server that was confirmed to belong to Trump and that was built and used initially to send mass emails for consumer marketing campaigns went to a super low volume of record processing, so few records that one researcher remarked, "I get more mail in a day than the server handled." Moreover, they found the server been reconfigured to accept only incoming communication from a very small handful of IP addresses. A small portion of the logs showed communication with a server belonging to Michigan-based Spectrum Health; however, messages from that domain were just a fraction of the traffic received. In contrast, 87% of the DNS lookups involved the two Alfa Bank servers.

Given the configuration and specific DNS traffic information, it became clear the Trump server was not an open mail server. According to a researcher noted in the article, “These organizations are communicating in a way designed to block other people out.”

Following from that discovery, the computer scientists who initiated the "look see" at the DNS database information pertaining to the Trump server's traffic -- remember, this is not a hack, the DNS information about the server's traffic is freely obtainable by anyone -- the scientists passed the logs to Paul Vixie, who is, among other things, an Internet Hall of Fame inductee. In the world of DNS experts, there’s no higher authority. Vixie wrote central strands of the DNS code that makes the internet work. After studying the logs, Mr. Vixie concluded, “The parties were communicating in a secretive fashion. The operative word is secretive. This is more akin to what criminal syndicates do if they are putting together a project.

Put differently, the logs suggested that Trump and Alfa had configured something like a digital hotline connecting the two entities, shutting out the rest of the world, and designed to obscure its own existence. Over the summer, the scientists observed the communications trail from a distance.

Now for most folks, all that wouldn't be a problem for they'd say something like, "Yes, we have business with a bank in Russia. So what?" Trump, however, isn't most folks, and what Trump, via a Trump Organization (remember Trump and his family are the sole owners of all things Trump) spokesperson, has said is:
  • The Trump Organization is not sending or receiving any communications from this email server. The Trump Organization has no communication or relationship with this entity or any Russian entity.
  • The current traffic on the server from Alphabank's [sic] IP address is regular DNS server traffic—not email traffic. To be clear, The Trump Organization is not sending or receiving any communications from this email server. The Trump Organization has no communication or relationship with this entity or any Russian entity.
Now the first statement is blatantly untrue. The DNS data show that sure as the nose on one's face. The data are physically present and they can be looked at, by anyone. The second statement is utterly absurd because there's no such thing as "regular DNS server traffic." The very nature of what the data naming system is for precludes there from being any traffic other than that traffic which is meant to come from/go to a given domain. So while the investigation is ongoing, thus incomplete, what we have from Trump is already one clear lie and one inane remark.

Forum List

Back