CDZ Trump and Narcissism...How is it we've not heard much about this in the news???

Do you classify Obama and Hillary as narcissists?

Did you read the content found at the link in the edit I posted to my OP? If you did, you know what I think about their being or not being narcissists.

Please answer a simple direct question. I repeat; do you classify Obama and Hillary as narcissists?

I believe both of them, along with several GOP candidates, are healthy narcissists, because as Dr. Malkin points out, they "inspire without undermining; they lead with conviction not cruelty; they bring out the best, not the worst in people around them."

As I wrote in the edit to my OP, I recognize that a great many Presidential hopefuls and other leaders are narcissists; thus it's important to understand the distinction between an healthy one and an unhealthy one.

The recognition that I'd not originally articulated that distinction, engendered by the initial comments posted after my OP, made it clear to me that a meaningful share of the audience here may not be aware that there are types of narcissism. That is why I feel obliged to include the edit to my OP.

That's a load of nonsense. Narcissism by definition turns off people. It alienates. You can claim degrees of narcissism. But there's no such thing as healthy narcissism. You made a fake argument against Trump basically. You're not mad that he's a narcissist. You're mad that he isn't your narcissist.

I didn't coin the idea of healthy narcissism. I merely applied it to Mr. Trump and have attempted to bring it to the attention of others.

I'm in no position to credibly refute a medical doctor's explanation of healthy narcissism, unhealthy narcissism, or whether there is such a thing as a range of narcissism. Are you?

Red:
The best I could do, and what I did, was look for scholarly research/writings that support the premise that there is such a thing.
That's the due diligence I performed before creating this thread. I'll happily read material you present that refutes the legitimacy of a scale of narcissism; however, not knowing a damn thing about you and your published works pertaining to the disorder or others, and having none of my own, I won't just accept your assertion that the idea or verity of existence of different types of narcissism is "a load of nonsense."

Doesn't matter who "coined" the term healthy narcissism. It's oxymoronic.

Don't talk about "due dilligence" that you performed for the OP when you're throwing this stuff out there as an after thought. For f's sake on that one, guy.

And I didn't say there aren't different types of narcissism (degrees as I put it). I said that there's no such thing as healthy narcissism; not truly. Narcissism by definition is not in anyone's best interest.

Boss is making the point, like someone else has, that narcissism is a trait that in some way most Presidents will have. It was in recognition of that reality that I added the "Edit" to my OP and again in post #9.

Now as to why he chose to cite Mr. Obama rather than any other recent President for whom I was eligible to vote (I was born in 1959.), well I have no idea.

Because I don't agree and that wasn't the point I made. Obama is a narcissist. Most presidents are not. Most presidents, whether they do so while in office or not, admit their errors and faults. They also credit their staff and the people around them for their success and they thank the Americans who supported them and believed in what they were doing.

Can presidents SEEM to be a bit narcissistic sometimes? Of course! I think it comes with the territory and is part of politics. But narcissism is often confused with confidence. Most presidents have a lot of self confidence, that's how they won the presidency. That does not make them narcissists.

FWIW, Pew Research conducted a survey of narcissism in Presidents.

As I wrote in a post above. I'm not qualified to make my own informed assessment of the extent to which anyone is narcissistic. I'm neither a psychologist nor psychiatrist.

Red:
I think there's little question that most leaders, President or not, is narcissistic in some way. The question is to what extent and whether it's a healthy form of narcissism. In the content to which I linked in my OP, one'll find a brief discussion between narcissism and self confidence. Using this link -- Let me google that for you -- one can surely find others.

Did you read the content found at the link in the edit I posted to my OP? If you did, you know what I think about their being or not being narcissists.

Please answer a simple direct question. I repeat; do you classify Obama and Hillary as narcissists?

I believe both of them, along with several GOP candidates, are healthy narcissists, because as Dr. Malkin points out, they "inspire without undermining; they lead with conviction not cruelty; they bring out the best, not the worst in people around them."

As I wrote in the edit to my OP, I recognize that a great many Presidential hopefuls and other leaders are narcissists; thus it's important to understand the distinction between an healthy one and an unhealthy one.

The recognition that I'd not originally articulated that distinction, engendered by the initial comments posted after my OP, made it clear to me that a meaningful share of the audience here may not be aware that there are types of narcissism. That is why I feel obliged to include the edit to my OP.

That's a load of nonsense. Narcissism by definition turns off people. It alienates. You can claim degrees of narcissism. But there's no such thing as healthy narcissism. You made a fake argument against Trump basically. You're not mad that he's a narcissist. You're mad that he isn't your narcissist.

I didn't coin the idea of healthy narcissism. I merely applied it to Mr. Trump and have attempted to bring it to the attention of others.

I'm in no position to credibly refute a medical doctor's explanation of healthy narcissism, unhealthy narcissism, or whether there is such a thing as a range of narcissism. Are you?

Red:
The best I could do, and what I did, was look for scholarly research/writings that support the premise that there is such a thing.
That's the due diligence I performed before creating this thread. I'll happily read material you present that refutes the legitimacy of a scale of narcissism; however, not knowing a damn thing about you and your published works pertaining to the disorder or others, and having none of my own, I won't just accept your assertion that the idea or verity of existence of different types of narcissism is "a load of nonsense."

Don't talk about "due dilligence" that you performed for the OP when you're throwing this stuff out there as an after thought. For f's sake on that one, guy.

And I didn't say there aren't different types of narcissism (degrees as I put it). I said that there's no such thing as healthy narcissism; not truly. Narcissism by definition is not in anyone's best interest.

I wouldn't have shared it at all had you (or someone else) not attempted to refute the verity of the idea of healthy narcissism, and in so attempting also offered literally nothing credible to back it up beyond your own assertion that it is nonsense. Indeed, not only have you done nothing but make that empty assertion, you haven't even so much as presented an argument, however uncredible and devoid of intellectual rigor it be, to support it.

NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
Grew up feeling superior, having grandiose fantasies, needing to be admired, and lacking empathy. Is unkind, greedy, arrogant, and callously exploits others. Not due to a medical or substance use disorder.

Trump is everything he claims to be. He's wildly successful and is admired. Trump is philanthropic. He's a hard-nosed business man in a tough business and he's dealing with some ruthless people who may deserve to be exploited.

Cruz clearly is an arrogant bastard. He's hated by every Republican senator. Cruz was willing the shut down the government to fulfill his own ego. Cruz has never in his life done anything for anyone but Ted Cruz whereas Trump has created many jobs and his dream is for a great America. Cruz is the most insincere low life in the GOP.

Predictions:

Lasts For Years/Lifetime
Occupational-Economic:
  • Works poorly with others (self-centered, can't tolerate criticism or defeat)
Trump works well with others because if he couldn't he would not have the success he's had. Sure he hates losing but so do most competitive people.

Cruz is the most hated man in Washington. He's loves creating train wrecks and then denying he caused them. Cruz in unable to work with members of his own party. Hopefully when Cruz loses he'll eat a gun.

Cooperation (Antagonistic, Suspicious):

• False Sense Of Superiority:
  • Arrogant; feels superior to others; has snobbish or patronizing attitudes
  • Has a grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
  • Believes that he or she is "special" and should associate with other high-status people
  • Requires excessive admiration
  • Has a sense of entitlement
  • Is often envious of others
Trump gets stuff done and he has his entire adult life. Trump is a winner. Trump worked smart and hard for everything he has. While he get admiration and why wouldn't he? He built a real estate empire by working hard working smart and working well with others.

Cruz is very Hitleresque much like that douchebag Huckabee and that other liar Ben Carson. Trump's book, The Art of the Deal was not an auto biography like Huckabee's and Carson's or Cruz's modern day Mien Kampf.

Cruz has done nothing. Cruz is a career politician.

Cruz just beams when he thinks he's made some point like when he put down New Yorkers. Trump was genuinely hurt having been there during 911 and seeing and admiring the bravery of New Yorkers. Only a POS narcissist would insult the brave and decent people on NYC. Cruz would not run into the WTC but guys like Trump would.

Justice (Careless, Irresponsible):

• Irresponsibility:

Trump takes a great deal of responsibility and his successful proves it.
  • Cruz shut down the government and refused to cooperate even with members of his own party. That is the epitome of careless and irresponsible

• Is interpersonally exploitative
  • Lacks empathy

NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER
Grew up feeling superior, having grandiose fantasies, needing to be admired, and lacking empathy. Is unkind, greedy, arrogant, and callously exploits others. Not due to a medical or substance use disorder.

Trump is everything he claims to be. He's wildly successful and is admired. Trump is philanthropic. He's a hard-nosed business man in a tough business and he's dealing with some ruthless people who may deserve to be exploited.

Cruz clearly is an arrogant bastard. He's hated by every Republican senator. Cruz was willing the shut down the government to fulfill his own ego. Cruz has never in his life done anything for anyone but Ted Cruz whereas Trump has created many jobs and his dream is for a great America. Cruz is the most insincere low life in the GOP.

Predictions:

Lasts For Years/Lifetime
Occupational-Economic:
  • Works poorly with others (self-centered, can't tolerate criticism or defeat)
Trump works well with others because if he couldn't he would not have the success he's had. Sure he hates losing but so do most competitive people.

Cruz is the most hated man in Washington. He's loves creating train wrecks and then denying he caused them. Cruz in unable to work with members of his own party. Hopefully when Cruz loses he'll eat a gun.

Cooperation (Antagonistic, Suspicious):

• False Sense Of Superiority:
  • Arrogant; feels superior to others; has snobbish or patronizing attitudes
  • Has a grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
  • Believes that he or she is "special" and should associate with other high-status people
  • Requires excessive admiration
  • Has a sense of entitlement
  • Is often envious of others
Trump gets stuff done and he has his entire adult life. Trump is a winner. Trump worked smart and hard for everything he has. While he get admiration and why wouldn't he? He built a real estate empire by working hard working smart and working well with others.

Cruz is very Hitleresque much like that douchebag Huckabee and that other liar Ben Carson. Trump's book, The Art of the Deal was not an auto biography like Huckabee's and Carson's or Cruz's modern day Mien Kampf.

Cruz has done nothing. Cruz is a career politician.

Cruz just beams when he thinks he's made some point like when he put down New Yorkers. Trump was genuinely hurt having been there during 911 and seeing and admiring the bravery of New Yorkers. Only a POS narcissist would insult the brave and decent people on NYC. Cruz would not run into the WTC but guys like Trump would.

Justice (Careless, Irresponsible):

• Irresponsibility:

Trump takes a great deal of responsibility and his successful proves it.
  • Cruz shut down the government and refused to cooperate even with members of his own party. That is the epitome of careless and irresponsible

• Is interpersonally exploitative
  • Lacks empathy

I don't know where you came up with the above, but the the American Psychiatric Association's criteria for diagnosing narcissism are found in the second column of pages 1 - 4 and the second column of pages 9 & 10 here: DSM-IV and DSM-5 Criteria for the Personality Disorders.

Taking just two dimensions of narcissism, here are some specific examples that portend what we can expect were he to become President:

Lack of Empathy
  • Trump’s shortage of empathy can be seen clearly by his stances on topics like immigration. Instead of recognizing that the data shows that most Mexican immigrants are not violent, but instead people simply looking for a place where actual opportunity exists, with a broad brush he claims that they are “criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”
  • Trump has vowed to ban all Muslims from entering the country should he be elected. It appears that his lack of empathy has distorted his mind’s ability to grasp the fact that the refugees he speaks of are actually seeking safety from the same murderous maniacs that he wants to keep out.
Self Esteem
  • We have all seen Trump unjustifiably lash out at a number of people with harsh and often extremely odd personal attacks. When he thought he had been treated unfairly by Fox News host and Republican debate moderator Megyn Kelly, he responded by calling her a “bimbo” and later saying that she had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

What happens when another world leader who is a loose cannon doesn’t give Trump the admiration that he feels he deserves? We can be sure that notoriously anti-American dictators like Kim Jong-un of North Korea or Iran’s Supreme Leader Khamenei aren’t going to give him any respect, let alone praise. How would a President Trump react when he feels he is being put down or undermined? Will we see the start of World War III because the leader of the most important nation in the world doesn’t feel that others are kissing his ass as much as they should be? Narcissistic personality disorder is known to have strong negative effects on relationships, and when it comes to being an effective and responsible world leader, diplomacy is everything.

Prior to this presidential race, most of us knew Donald Trump as a charismatic, cheeky, highly entertaining figure that seemed like anything but a bigot. Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York told CNN that the Trump he knew, and the Trump New York knew, was nothing like the intolerant xenophobe he appears to be today. It is a well-known fact that in the past Trump was a registered democrat who was in favor of liberal causes like abortion rights and pals with the Clintons. But since the promise of power has consumed him, he has become the poster boy for ultra-right wing intolerance. This change in personality and core values illustrates how the promise of power can transform narcissists. As the race for the Republican nominee progresses, it has become increasingly obvious that Trump’s yearning to rule greatly exceeds his desire to “Make America Great Again,” as his slogan says

Just the above, forget whether it's got anything to do with narcissism. The prospect of a person displaying those traits becoming President should terrify anyone enough that they wouldn't vote for them.

Last edited:
Several leading psychologists have asserted that Donald Trump is a narcissist.
It comes as no surprise to me to read that Mr. Trump is a narcissist; just listen to him. It's also not difficult to understand the broad appeal of narcissists. I have no problem with them as entertainers. The question in my mind is this. Would I willfully vote for one to be President of the United States? In a word, NO! Why wold anyone?

Edit:
I should have included above that I recognize that narcissism exists in many Presidents and candidates. It's not as much about whether they are or not as it is about whether it is a healthy narcissism. What does that seemingly oxymoronic term mean? Well for the answer to that click here.

All politicians are narcissists.......obama is one of the biggest and yet you guys never complained about him...dittos the rapist, bill clinton.......

All politicians are narcissists.......obama is one of the biggest and yet you guys never complained about him...dittos the rapist, bill clinton.......

I challenge you to find any credible evidence that Bill Clinton raped anybody. That's an incredibly ridiculous and strong accusation to make. You'll need to prove that one, and if you can, I strongly suggest you present your findings to the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia, New York, or whatever jurisdiction in which the rape occurred.

I challenge you to find any credible evidence that Bill Clinton raped anybody. That's an incredibly ridiculous and strong accusation to make. You'll need to prove that one, and if you can, I strongly suggest you present your findings to the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia, New York, or whatever jurisdiction in which the rape occurred.

They used the power of his various offices to scare off the victims. He was attorney General and then Governor of Arkansas, and hilary led the team of private detectives to intimidate the women into silence......it isn't just talk...we have at least a dozen women who have made allegations of sexual assault and 3 of actual rape.

Here is a start...anyone else would have been in custody...

Bill Clinton s ong history of sexual assault

Washingtonpost.com Special Report Clinton Accused

Clinton s list of ignored accusers - Illinois Review

Here is a post from U.S. message that lists clintons victims...

Eileen Wellstone, a 19-year-old English woman, said Clinton sexually assaulted her after she met him at a pub near the Oxford where Clinton was a student in 1969. In fact, Clinton was expelled from Oxford and earned no degree there.

Juanita Broaddrick, a volunteer in Clinton’s gubernatorial campaign, said he raped her in 1978. Mrs. Broaddrick suffered a bruised and torn lip, which she said she suffered when Clinton bit her during the rape. Broaddrick gave a stunning interview to NBC’s Lisa Myers about the assault.

Carolyn Moffet, a legal secretary in Little Rock in 1979, said she met Gov. Clinton at a political fundraiser and was invited to his hotel room. “When I went in, he was sitting on a couch, wearing only an undershirt. He pointed at his penis and told me to suck it. I told him I didn’t even do that for my boyfriend and he got mad, grabbed my head and shoved it into his lap. I pulled away from him and ran out of the room,” she said.

Elizabeth Ward Gracen, the Miss Arkansas who won the Miss America crown in 1982, told friends she was forced by Clinton to have sex with him shortly after she won her state title. Gracen later told an interviewer that sex with Clinton was consensual. Her roommate Judy Stokes has said the ex-Miss Arkansas told her she was raped after the incident.

Paula Corbin Jones, an Arkansas state worker, filed a sexual harassment case against Clinton after an encounter in a Little Rock hotel room where the then-governor exposed himself and demanded oral sex. Clinton settled the case with Jones with an $850,000 payment.

Sandra Allen James, a former Washington, D.C., political fundraiser, said Clinton invited her to his hotel room during a political trip to the nation’s capital in 1991, pinned her against the wall and stuck his hand up her dress. She fled.

Christy Zercher, a flight attendant on Clinton’s leased campaign plane in 1992, says presidential candidate Clinton exposed himself, grabbed her breasts and made explicit remarks about oral sex. Zercher said later in an interview that White House attorney Bruce Lindsey tried to pressure her into not going public about the assault.

Kathleen Willey, a White House volunteer, said that Clinton grabbed her, fondled her breast and pressed her hand against his genitals during an Oval Office meeting in November 1993. Willey became a target for a Hillary directed smear campaign after she went public.

Why Hillary Is Not Inevitable Bill s Sordid Past The Daily Caller
Is Juanita Broaddrick Telling the Truth
Bill Clinton has the real rape problem
Bill Clinton s ong history of sexual assault
Hillary s War on Women

Clinton s list of ignored accusers - Illinois Review

• Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
  • Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
  • Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
  • Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
  • Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
  • Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
  • 22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
  • Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
  • Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
  • Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
  • Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
  • 1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
  • 1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
  • Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
  • Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
  • Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
  • Sally Perdue - post incident threats
  • Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
  • Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned
The number of women speaks to the truth of the allegations....

The man is a sexual predator....a serial sexual predator...and has used his positions of power to protect himself and to attack his victims......both here and over seas....

The man is a sexual predator....a serial sexual predator...and has used his positions of power to protect himself and to attack his victims......both here and over seas....

Really? That's all you have to offer when asked to expressly show evidence in support of your assertion that Mr. Clinton is a rapist?

Do me a favor, stop reading my posts and put me on your ignore list.

Really? That's all you have to offer when asked to expressly show evidence in support of your assertion that Mr. Clinton is a rapist?

Yes.....deny it......hide from the truth.....you have all of these women, and you deny that the allegations are truthful....

All of these women and the only one telling the truth is bill clinton.....you are delusional.....you don't want to face the truth that in any other situation, with this many allegations, with credible reports from women from 2 different countries.........that you would know this guy is serial sexual predator who targeted women he could take advantage of...as Attorney General of Arkansas, as a teacher at a college, and as Governor of Arkansas....and it looks likely that his status as a Rhodes Scholar protected him in England.....they didn't want the scandal touching Oxford...

The guy is a sexual predator and vile human being and his wife used their wealth, and his political power to silence the victims...to support her own desire for power...

You can deny it all you want....but it is the truth, the fact and the reality.

here you go.....more truth for you to ignore......because he and his wife support your issues......who cares about the victims....

Is Juanita Broaddrick Telling the Truth?

Juanita Broaddrick says Bill Clinton raped her 21 years ago in an Arkansas hotel room. Clinton denies the charge. Is Broaddrick telling the truth? No on knows for sure, but here's the evidence uncovered so far, accompanied by dueling he's-guilty/he's-innocent interpretations:

She Changed Her Story:

In 1997, Broaddrick filed an affadavit with Paula Jones' lawyers saying Clinton did notassault her. In 1998, Broaddrick told Kenneth Starr's FBI investigators that she wasraped. Eventually, Broaddrick described the rape for several major news organizations.

Clinton Is Innocent: Broaddrick is either a liar or has an unreliable memory.

Clinton Is Guilty: Broaddrick's initial denials indicate only that she shunned publicity. That's why she never reported the rape; rebuffed advances from Clinton's political enemies who, in 1992, urged her to go public; and lied to Paula Jones' lawyers. She eventually told the FBI the truth in 1998 only because her son--a lawyer--advised her against lying to federal investigators. (At the time, it was reasonable to suspect she'd be hauled before a grand jury.) She granted media interviews only after her name was released by Paula Jones' lawyers, and after tabloids printed wildly untrue stories about her. Given her aversion to politics and celebrity, Broaddrick would seem to have little or nothing to gain by falsely accusing Clinton of rape. Clinton, on the other hand, has plenty to gain from falsely denying her charges.

She Told Friends:

Five people say Broaddrick told them about the rape immediately after it occurred. A friend and co-worker named Norma Kelsey says that, 21 years ago, she found a dazed Broaddrick with bloodied lip and torn pantyhose in their shared hotel room and Broaddrick explained that Clinton had just raped her. (Clinton is supposed to have bitten her on the lip just before raping her.) Her current husband--then her lover--says Broaddrick told him about the rape within a few days of the event. Broaddrick was, at the time, married to another man, whom she didn't tell about the assault. And three of Broaddrick's friends--one of whom is Kelsey's sister--say she told them about the rape shortly after it supposedly occurred.

Clinton Is Innocent: The friends' testimony isn't trustworthy. Kelsey and her sister have a grudge against Clinton because, as governor, he commuted the life sentence of the man who murdered their father. Broaddrick's current husband might lie on her behalf. Moreover, even if the friends are telling the truth, Broaddrick might have been lying 21 years ago. There is limited evidence that her first husband was abusive, so maybe she cooked up the story to explain a bloody lip he had given her. And if she was raped, why didn't she tell her own husband?

Clinton Is Guilty: If five friends say her story hasn't changed over 21 years, we can conclude that either that she's an unusually consistent liar or that her memory is reliable.

A Pattern of Behaviour?

Paula Jones accused Clinton of exposing himself to her in a hotel room. Kathleen Willey accused him of groping her in the Oval Office. And, by his own admission, Clinton has been dishonest with the American people before when it comes to sex.

Clinton Is Innocent: Clinton has admitted to shading the truth and to a "deeply wrong"--whatever that means--consensual affair with a young-enough-to-be-his-daughter intern. But that's a far cry from committing and lying about a violent felony. No other credible witness has ever accused him of rape.

Clinton Is Guilty: Once a liar always a liar. Groping Kathleen Willey demonstrates deep-seated misogyny. Broaddrick's story has a "wretched familiarity" (Michael Kelly, Washington Post).

here you go.....more truth for you to ignore......because he and his wife support your issues......who cares about the victims....

Juanita Broaddrick says Bill Clinton raped her 21 years ago in an Arkansas hotel room. Clinton denies the charge. Is Broaddrick telling the truth? No on knows for sure, but here's the evidence uncovered so far, accompanied by dueling he's-guilty/he's-innocent interpretations:

She Changed Her Story:

In 1997, Broaddrick filed an affadavit with Paula Jones' lawyers saying Clinton did notassault her. In 1998, Broaddrick told Kenneth Starr's FBI investigators that she wasraped. Eventually, Broaddrick described the rape for several major news organizations.

Clinton Is Guilty: Broaddrick's initial denials indicate only that she shunned publicity. That's why she never reported the rape; rebuffed advances from Clinton's political enemies who, in 1992, urged her to go public; and lied to Paula Jones' lawyers. She eventually told the FBI the truth in 1998 only because her son--a lawyer--advised her against lying to federal investigators. (At the time, it was reasonable to suspect she'd be hauled before a grand jury.) She granted media interviews only after her name was released by Paula Jones' lawyers, and after tabloids printed wildly untrue stories about her. Given her aversion to politics and celebrity, Broaddrick would seem to have little or nothing to gain by falsely accusing Clinton of rape. Clinton, on the other hand, has plenty to gain from falsely denying her charges.

She Told Friends:

Five people say Broaddrick told them about the rape immediately after it occurred. A friend and co-worker named Norma Kelsey says that, 21 years ago, she found a dazed Broaddrick with bloodied lip and torn pantyhose in their shared hotel room and Broaddrick explained that Clinton had just raped her. (Clinton is supposed to have bitten her on the lip just before raping her.) Her current husband--then her lover--says Broaddrick told him about the rape within a few days of the event. Broaddrick was, at the time, married to another man, whom she didn't tell about the assault. And three of Broaddrick's friends--one of whom is Kelsey's sister--say she told them about the rape shortly after it supposedly occurred.

Clinton Is Innocent: The friends' testimony isn't trustworthy. Kelsey and her sister have a grudge against Clinton because, as governor, he commuted the life sentence of the man who murdered their father. Broaddrick's current husband might lie on her behalf. Moreover, even if the friends are telling the truth, Broaddrick might have been lying 21 years ago. There is limited evidence that her first husband was abusive, so maybe she cooked up the story to explain a bloody lip he had given her. And if she was raped, why didn't she tell her own husband?

Clinton Is Guilty: If five friends say her story hasn't changed over 21 years, we can conclude that either that she's an unusually consistent liar or that her memory is reliable.

A Pattern of Behaviour?

Paula Jones accused Clinton of exposing himself to her in a hotel room. Kathleen Willey accused him of groping her in the Oval Office. And, by his own admission, Clinton has been dishonest with the American people before when it comes to sex.

Clinton Is Innocent: Clinton has admitted to shading the truth and to a "deeply wrong"--whatever that means--consensual affair with a young-enough-to-be-his-daughter intern. But that's a far cry from committing and lying about a violent felony. No other credible witness has ever accused him of rape.

Clinton Is Guilty: Once a liar always a liar. Groping Kathleen Willey demonstrates deep-seated misogyny. Broaddrick's story has a "wretched familiarity" (Michael Kelly, Washington Post).

There is no truth to ignore. Did you actually read that entire thing to which you linked and then copied and pasted? I am shocked that even you put that forth as a credible indicator of Mr. Clinton's having raped anyone.
  • Was Mr. Clinton arraigned on a rape charge? No.
  • Was Mr. Clinton sued on a rape charge? No.
  • From the content to which you linked:
    • In 1997, Broaddrick filed an affadavit [sic] with Paula Jones' lawyers saying Clinton did not assault her. In 1998, Broaddrick told Kenneth Starr's FBI investigators that she was raped.

I see, in the space of a year, some interaction she supposedly had with Mr. Clinton went from being "not an assault" to "rape." In other words, she perjured herself in 1997 and wants us to accept her 1998 account, and account that investigators found specious enough not to pursue it in court.
    • Broaddrick did not remember the date of the rape and indicated that Mr. Clinton raped her in, surprise of the century, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Had any prosecutor believed the allegations at any point between its occurrence and today (there is no statute of limitations on rape in Arkansas), all they need to do is subpoena the records of the Clinton gubernatorial campaign and the nursing home at which Mrs. Broderick worked. At the very least, someone could have come up with a date even if Mrs. Broderick could not have done. Did anyone? No.
    • Three weeks after the probable date of the rape, Broaddrick attended a Clinton fundraiser.

Really? She attended a Clinton fundraiser!?! What on Earth for? At the very least, she could have just stayed at home and watched television.
dont-believe-everything-you-think.jpg

She Changed Her Story:

She Told Friends:

A Pattern of Behaviour?

There is no truth to ignore. Did you actually read that entire thing to which you linked and then copied and pasted? I am shocked that even you put that forth as a credible indicator of Mr. Clinton's having raped anyone.
    • In 1997, Broaddrick filed an affadavit [sic] with Paula Jones' lawyers saying Clinton did not assault her. In 1998, Broaddrick told Kenneth Starr's FBI investigators that she was raped.

I see, in the space of a year, some interaction she supposedly had with Mr. Clinton went from being "not an assault" to "rape." In other words, she perjured herself in 1997 and wants us to accept her 1998 account, and account that investigators found specious enough not to pursue it in court.
    • Broaddrick did not remember the date of the rape and indicated that Mr. Clinton raped her in, surprise of the century, Little Rock, Arkansas.

Had any prosecutor believed the allegations at any point between its occurrence and today (there is no statute of limitations on rape in Arkansas), all they need to do is subpoena the records of the Clinton gubernatorial campaign and the nursing home at which Mrs. Broderick worked. At the very least, someone could have come up with a date even if Mrs. Broderick could not have done. Did anyone? No.
    • Three weeks after the probable date of the rape, Broaddrick attended a Clinton fundraiser.

Really? She attended a Clinton fundraiser!?! What on Earth for? At the very least, she could have just stayed at home and watched television.

Broderick followed the exact pattern of a woman attacked by a politically powerful and protected sexual predator.......

She Changed Her Story:

She Told Friends:

A Pattern of Behaviour?

any other guy and he wouldn't be able to show his face in public...but he is a democrat...and votes your way...so who cares if he attacks women....

Red:

I wouldn't have shared it at all had you (or someone else) not attempted to refute the verity of the idea of healthy narcissism, and in so attempting also offered literally nothing credible to back it up beyond your own assertion that it is nonsense. Indeed, not only have you done nothing but make that empty assertion, you haven't even so much as presented an argument, however uncredible and devoid of intellectual rigor it be, to support it.

Just because you found a quack trying to make a name for himself by introducing oxymoronic doctrines like so-called healthy narcissism, doesn't mean it has "verity" or that it is not nonsense.

And why would I present an "uncredible and devoid of Intellectual rigor" argument? Seriously, dude, give it up. You're not even trying to argue something at this point besides an obscure item that's not even in your OP.

She Changed Her Story:

She Told Friends:

A Pattern of Behaviour?

You want to get lost in often un-determinable or otherwise disputed matters. Do you deny the reality that Bill Clinton is a womanizer at a minimum?

Broderick followed the exact pattern of a woman attacked by a politically powerful and protected sexual predator.......

Would that be the same pattern that the 2300 rape convictions of 2013 followed? No.

Would that be the same pattern that the 3784 rape prosecutions followed in 2013? No.

In what system of jurisprudence that operates on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" would a person by some random individual like you or me be legitimately called a rapist for having allegedly committed the act in a state that has no statute of limitations for rape, and at no point in time has the Attorney General of the state seen fit to prosecute the alleged rapist?

Would that be the same pattern that the 2300 rape convictions of 2013 followed? No.

Would that be the same pattern that the 3784 rape prosecutions followed in 2013? No.

In what system of jurisprudence that operates on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" would a person by some random individual like you or me be legitimately called a rapist for having allegedly committed the act in a state that has no statute of limitations, and at no point in time has the Attorney General of the state seen fit to prosecute the alleged rapist?

You mean the Attorney General he controlled? Or the Attorney General in Arkansas..who was the rapist...? Or the Governor...perhaps he could have pushed for charges being filed...except he was the rapist...........see how he works.....

Just because you found a quack trying to make a name for himself by introducing oxymoronic doctrines like so-called healthy narcissism, doesn't mean it has "verity" or that it is not nonsense.

And why would I present an "uncredible and devoid of Intellectual rigor" argument? Seriously, dude, give it up. You're not even trying to argue something at this point besides an obscure item that's not even in your OP.

On what grounds have you to stand in support of your claiming the man is a quack?

Red:
I can't say why you would. You'll have to tell us when it comes to pass that you do so. So far, you've not even bothered to present anything other than empty assertions. Why would you do that? Presenting empty assertions is only slightly worse than presenting poor arguments, but worse it is, and it's exactly what you persist in doing.

Forum List

Back