CDZ Trump and Narcissism...How is it we've not heard much about this in the news???

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Several leading psychologists have asserted that Donald Trump is a narcissist.
It comes as no surprise to me to read that Mr. Trump is a narcissist; just listen to him. It's also not difficult to understand the broad appeal of narcissists. I have no problem with them as entertainers. The question in my mind is this. Would I willfully vote for one to be President of the United States? In a word, NO! Why wold anyone?

Edit:
I should have included above that I recognize that narcissism exists in many Presidents and candidates. It's not as much about whether they are or not as it is about whether it is a healthy narcissism. What does that seemingly oxymoronic term mean? Well for the answer to that click here.

Last edited:
It comes as no surprise to me to read that Mr. Trump is a narcissist; just listen to him. It's also not difficult to understand the broad appeal of narcissists. I have no problem with them as entertainers. The question in my mind is this. Would I willfully vote for one to be President of the United States? In a word, NO! Why wold anyone?
The use of the word narcissist when referring to politicians is redundant.

Really?

can you name one current, or past, candidate that isn't
a narcissist?

Did you vote for Obama?

Yes because most of them are Narcissists, especially those who run for President.

I think the Vanity Fair article has some problems. It doesn't spend much time discussing Trump's narcissism, it talks about Trump's business record just as much as narcissism and does it in a way that I don't think is fair. What do 4 companies going bankrupt or Trump's family riches have to do with narcissism? The article states that diplomacy occurs between equals, sometimes yes sometimes no. It briefly mentions that most candidates probably have healthy egos but the cheap shot at the end directed against people who support Trump really identifies the article as an anti-Trump campaign piece and not a serious article.

I should have included above that I recognize that narcissism exists in many Presidents and candidates. It's not as much about whether they are or not as it is about whether it is a healthy narcissism. What does that seemingly oxymoronic term mean? Well for the answer to that click here.

I read this a week or so ago and actually, I believe that most people know this about him. Even his fans must watch his dog and pony show and scratch their heads. Surely they're more than a bit concerned with his obvious lack of a hold on reality - no pun intended.

Seriously, he's basically a stand up comic, trailer trash with money and there is no one who does not know that.

What I think is an interesting question is whether or not its learned behavior.

Think about it. If he had not been born to huge money, what would he be now? Did daddy's money teach him that he's the center of the universe (and has Drumpf taught the same to his worthless, trophy-hunting sons?) or was he born with this enormously inflated ego?

Fact is, he's done very little to earn the money he has. Leave hundreds of millions to anyone and they'll make money. If anything, Drumpf has shown he's a failure at actually making money because he declares bankruptcy at the drop of a hat.

He brays that he likes winners and that he's a winner but he's really not. He's still the scared little boy at military school.

He hides that fear behind bluster and bullying, screeching YOU'RE FIRED and lawsuits.

blog_trumpery.jpg

What Exactly Is Wrong With Donald Trump? Leading Psychologists May Have An Answer

Did you vote for Obama?

:offtopic:

Do you have a comment that's ON TOPIC?

I would go further, and say that he is at least a borderline psychopath

Exaggerated sense of self-worth

Incapable of empathy

No respect for others' property

Incapable of taking responsibility for his actions

Treats others as mere objects

Incapable of remorse

Did you vote for Obama?

Do you have a comment that's ON TOPIC?

Sorry.. The topic is narcissists and when you look up narcissist in the dictionary it has a picture of Obama. I think I am DEAD ON topic.

I don't think Trump is more narcissist than Barack Obama.

In Obama you have your typical, unadulterated, narcissistic personality....no need to look further than him.

Edit:

What these mental health professionals have done is unethical.

"That mental-health professionals are even willing to talk about Trump in the first place may attest to their deep concern about a Trump presidency. As Dr. Robert Klitzman, a professor of psychiatry and the director of the master’s of bioethics program at Columbia University, pointed out, the American Psychiatric Association declares it unethical for psychiatrists to comment on an individual’s mental state without examining him personally and having the patient’s consent to make such comments. This so-called Goldwater rule arose after the publication of a 1964 Fact magazine article in which psychiatrists were polled about Senator Barry Goldwater’s fitness to be president. Senator Goldwater brought a $2 million suit against the magazine and its publisher; the Supreme Court awarded him $1 in compensatory damages and $75,000 in punitive damages."

Is Donald Trump Actually a Narcissist? Therapists Weigh In!

Another dirty trick in politics:dunno::rolleyes:

Edit:

Trump is not a narcissist. Unlike narcissists like Bush, Carson, Rubio, Christie, Romney and Cruz, Trump has empathy for people. Generally narcissists don't care about anyone but themselves.

Trump would never close a bridge like Christie because Trump would consider the consequences for people.

Trump raised good kids unlike Bush whose kids are all convicted felons.

Trump shows up for work unlike Rubio who thinks its OK to shirk his responsibilities.

Carson's autobiography is text book narcissism.

Romney is a pathological liar who has no empathy for anyone. His 46% comments and his destruction of companies prove that.

I don't think Trump is more narcissist than Barack Obama.

In Obama you have your typical, unadulterated, narcissistic personality....no need to look further than him.

Neither of them are narcissists. Their affect is that of a well adjusted person. Trump is much more flamboyant than Obama but being flamboyant is not a personality disorder.

Forum List

Back