Trump Advisers Panicked DOJ Investigation Is Moving Perilously Fast

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Trump’s goal in requesting a special master was multi-pronged from the start, according to sources familiar with the matter, and the principal – though publicly unstated – aim was to apply the brakes on the criminal investigation

As the Guardian's Hugo Lowell wrote, a decision by the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals was also a damaging blow to the Trump team's attempts to stall the DOJ

Being allowed to examine the roughly 100 documents marked classified means justice department investigators can now resume the investigation into the most serious lines of inquiry – the willful retention of national defense information and obstruction – with the primary evidence itself."

That has them panicking.

The investigation will move even faster now, as more witnesses looking to cut a deal will come forward.

Trump and company have to justify their public statements made about the case by Monday.
Trump and company have to justify their public statements made about the case by Monday.

This is a part of the story I especially like

The National Archives and Records Administration says the Department of Justice has asked the agency to not share information related to the Mar-a-Lago probe "to protect the integrity of DOJ’s ongoing work."

Driving the news: In a letter dated Thursday, acting archivist Debra Steidel Wall responded to questions from Republicans on the House Oversight Committee about the agency's previous refusal to turn over records to the lawmakers.

• "As a general matter, the Department of Justice has requested that NARA not share or otherwise disclose to others information related to this matter at this time in order to protect the integrity of DOJ’s ongoing work," Steidel Wall wrote.
  • "I also let you know that 'NARA is preserving all records related to this matter'."
In other words. When we think you rat bastard Republicans need to know something, we’ let you know.

They want to get something to stick so he won't be able to announce after the mid-terms. This desire a fossil, Establishment backed Neo-Con with billionaire donors who want America to be "just another country" to run for control of the GOP.

It's why Cheney and her Jan 6th Committee is silent even though they all declared it was of utmost importance for the security of America. I imagine they were tipped off that "we got him with these classified docs, finally Martha, we got him! Long live the King!"

Last edited:
If my political party and the DOJ were involved in a 2+ year investigation scandal where fake Russian dossiers and illegal FISA warrants were used to spy on a sitting US president. Also, two absolute garbage impeachment trials on the same US president. Then raid his home and go through his wife’s and son’s personal belongings, and so many other lies and criminal matters, such as giving Hillary a free pass on destroying congressional subpoenaed evidence --------- If my Dept. of “Justice” were behind all that, I think I would change the department’s name to escape the irony, plus I’d be shivering in my boots when my turn comes to meet the true “Ruler of Justice.”

If my political party and the DOJ were involved in a 2+ year investigation scandal where fake Russian dossiers and illegal FISA warrants were used to spy on a sitting US president. Also, two absolute garbage impeachment trials on the same US president. Then raid his home and go through his wife’s and son’s personal belongings, and so many other lies and criminal matters, such as giving Hillary a free pass on destroying congressional subpoenaed evidence --------- If my Dept. of “Justice” were behind all that, I think I would change the department’s name to escape the irony, plus I’d be shivering in my boots when my turn comes to meet the true “Ruler of Justice.”
Thus the reasons why one should not be a fool and have a political party.

Forum List

Back