True Colors . . . Where Do You Stand?

Would you kneel to BLM to save your job?

• I'll do whatever it takes to stay afloat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

night_son

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2018
The Full Moon
The other day my wife's employer issued a statement of allegiance to Black Lives Matter. They want people to buy their drugs, apparently—they're a pharmaceutical company. We'd already decided she'd smile and nod if her boss or a higher up popped the dreaded question: do Black Lives Matter? While that hasn't exactly happened (yet) I feel bad for her. My wife is East Indian Guyanese. Her mother, along with her aunties and uncles, immigrated to New York in the 70's for the purpose of escaping gangs of politically sanctioned (yes, black) thugs who seized her grandfather's generational dairy farm and forced the entire extended family into an urban hellhole; from comfortable upper-middle class land owners to inner-city poverty. Now, my wife is not racist toward blacks or anyone else. She doesn't know how to be. Her mother sure as hell is, but considering the Third World nightmare the woman escaped as a teenager, well—c'est la vie, non? So I feel bad for my wife who is now living under the threat of termination from an amazing career-making position should she decide to speak her opinion about a trending political movement. All her twenty plus years of hard work getting close to the top of her field could very well go poof! in an instant.

Me? I guess I'm the lucky one. I recently started my own company and thus am in a position to filter out clients who've been ideologically brainwashed to swallow the BLM narrative. Also lucky for me, most of my clients are law enforcement agencies so I don't think too many of them will mind if I accidentally disrespect BLM in casual chit-chat or on social media. Nevertheless, my wife and I and millions of others are Americans. We live in America. That means there shouldn't be any bullets to dodge, ideological or otherwise, on a daily basis or ever, really, in order to keep our livelihoods intact. What will history have to say, in hindsight (of course) about a supposedly free people who bowed down to mob rule and sold not just themselves out, but also sold out the freedom of expression of their future generations?

But, moving on. Just curious. Where do you all stand, individually, in regards to the threat of ideological thugs costing you your jobs/careers/income if you do not bend the knee to BLM? Would you bend the knee to BLM if it came down to losing your job if you refused? In my wife's case I can understand if she pretended to be a kneeler in order to keep her career going, but at least I'd still know where she really stands . . . on the side of truth and justice—and compassion for all.

So where are you all in all of this madness? Where do you stand? When and if the time comes, will you bend down and kiss the feet of ideological madness and political cultism in order to keep your lives intact or will you damn the torpedoes and tell it like it is?

The other day my wife's employer issued a statement of allegiance to Black Lives Matter. They want people to buy their drugs, apparently—they're a pharmaceutical company. We'd already decided she'd smile and nod if her boss or a higher up popped the dreaded question: do Black Lives Matter? While that hasn't exactly happened (yet) I feel bad for her. My wife is East Indian Guyanese. Her mother, along with her aunties and uncles, immigrated to New York in the 70's for the purpose of escaping gangs of politically sanctioned (yes, black) thugs who seized her grandfather's generational dairy farm and forced the entire extended family into an urban hellhole; from comfortable upper-middle class land owners to inner-city poverty. Now, my wife is not racist toward blacks or anyone else. She doesn't know how to be. Her mother sure as hell is, but considering the Third World nightmare the woman escaped as a teenager, well—c'est la vie, non? So I feel bad for my wife who is now living under the threat of termination from an amazing career-making position should she decide to speak her opinion about a trending political movement. All her twenty plus years of hard work getting close to the top of her field could very well go poof! in an instant.

Me? I guess I'm the lucky one. I recently started my own company and thus am in a position to filter out clients who've been ideologically brainwashed to swallow the BLM narrative. Also lucky for me, most of my clients are law enforcement agencies so I don't think too many of them will mind if I accidentally disrespect BLM in casual chit-chat or on social media. Nevertheless, my wife and I and millions of others are Americans. We live in America. That means there shouldn't be any bullets to dodge, ideological or otherwise, on a daily basis or ever, really, in order to keep our livelihoods intact. What will history have to say, in hindsight (of course) about a supposedly free people who bowed down to mob rule and sold not just themselves out, but also sold out the freedom of expression of their future generations?

But, moving on. Just curious. Where do you all stand, individually, in regards to the threat of ideological thugs costing you your jobs/careers/income if you do not bend the knee to BLM? Would you bend the knee to BLM if it came down to losing your job if you refused? In my wife's case I can understand if she pretended to be a kneeler in order to keep her career going, but at least I'd still know where she really stands . . . on the side of truth and justice—and compassion for all.

So where are you all in all of this madness? Where do you stand? When and if the time comes, will you bend down and kiss the feet of ideological madness and political cultism in order to keep your lives intact or will you damn the torpedoes and tell it like it is?
As usual, an absolutely wonderful post, thank you. I would NEVER kneel for BLM, a racist, hateful, trouble making organization. They are complete scum.

As usual, an absolutely wonderful post, thank you. I would NEVER kneel for BLM, a racist, hateful, trouble making organization. They are complete scum.

Thanks. I feel the same way. And then I wonder if perhaps I might bend the knee in order to save my wife's career or so our kids could get into good schools down the road. Perhaps BLM will blow away into the dust of darker ages, eventually, but if it persists then a litmus test of political beliefs could conceivably be implemented as a pre-qualification for all sorts of public and private services and privileges. Maybe BLM is a but consequence of election year madness. Perhaps it is something else . . . something lasting.

Well black lives do matter, so if your wife is asked? and its a hypothetical question because your wife is not living under a threat of termination.

who is now living under the threat of termination from an amazing career-making position should she decide to speak her opinion about a trending political movement

No I would never kneel for anyone, or stand in line for rallies.

Well black lives do matter, so if your wife is asked? and its a hypothetical question because your wife is not living under a threat of termination.

who is now living under the threat of termination from an amazing career-making position should she decide to speak her opinion about a trending political movement

No I would never kneel for anyone, or stand in line for rallies.

Of course Black American lives matter, as do all American and human lives, hypothetically speaking. Hypothetically because people we haven't yet met really don't matter-matter to us as much as people we know. What I was referring to was the organization BLM. Thank you for your response.

You betcha.

I would kneel, I would grovel at their feet, I would wash their feet, I would give them my ATM card, I would lie and tell them I'm voting for Mr. Biden (to the best of my knowledge BLM supporters still have not infiltrated the voting process. With mail-in ballots in the hands of the Post Office, however, maybe I had better keep my promise to vote for Mr. Biden!)

In short, I would do anything to keep my job.

I am a coward.

You betcha.

I would kneel, I would grovel at their feet, I would wash their feet, I would give them my ATM card, I would lie and tell them I'm voting for Mr. Biden (to the best of my knowledge BLM supporters still have not infiltrated the voting process. With mail-in ballots in the hands of the Post Office, however, maybe I had better keep my promise to vote for Mr. Biden!)

In short, I would do anything to keep my job.

I am a coward.

Honesty works for me, thanks.

I can see you're comfortable giving a lot...

I've seen some convincing stats that at least in one area, black people have been targeted, harassed, shot and killed a strangely high percentage of the time far out of proportion to their population. I suppose I could stop right there if I wanted and buy into the whole BLM claim.

But I get the feeling, we are not being told the whole story. I want more data first. I simply do not see any police in my dealings that come across as hateful, violent or racist, though I'm sure there are some. I see far too many incidents of Blacks being involved in crime. Of course, that too can be debated as a matter of economic environment, education and opportunity. But I also see a very high percentage of Blacks who, when confronted-- -- by ANYONE, police or otherwise, tend to have BIG MOUTHS who TALK TOO MUCH and shoot their mouths off, get very belligerent and in particular, give cops a really rough time. Of course, some whites do it as well. It all seems a function of the socioeconomic strata that many low income people are in.

So, I remain open that there is some truth to the problem, but some politics involved as well. Why are there so many low income people? Why so little opportunity for so many people? Society seems content to try to bury and arrest its shortcomings and mistakes rather than solve them. The system works very well --- --- for some people, too bad not so well for a lot of the others.

Actually...

BLM really does have a good point. There is too much of an inclination by police to use violence against them and police departments do not do enough to hold their "bad apples" accountable.

Please note, you are seeing the "Bad Apple" term thrown around a lot. The problem isn't just the bad apples, it's a whole system that protects them.

The thing is, this never should have come to riots. This should have been addressed five years ago after the first incident.

They're vermin. Deport them and their supporters to Africa, where they can find out exactly how much Africans value black lives. Ghana wants them back, for some reason, but they really should be dumped in Sudan or Mauratania or Somalia.

But I also see a very high percentage of Blacks who, when confronted-- -- by ANYONE, police or otherwise, tend to have BIG MOUTHS who TALK TOO MUCH and shoot their mouths off, get very belligerent and in particular, give cops a really rough time. Of course, some whites do it as well. It all seems a function of the socioeconomic strata that many low income people are in.

yes, they do, and they shouldn't. The cop is just out there doing his job. It's not really the case in most of the cases where cops used excessive force.

Jean Botham wasn't mouthing off to anyone. He was sitting in his living room watching TV and eating ice cream when Amber Guyver walked in and shot him because she was confused to what floor she was on.

They're vermin. Deport them and their supporters to Africa, where they can find out exactly how much Africans value black lives.

Nice to see when the Racists out themselves. Will make it easier when we set up the re-education camps.

Yes, you have outed yourself for a long time now. Lol you scum won't ever leave the Democrat controlled shtiholes where you're protected and fed. Your 'revolution' is a joke. You're just a mob who thinks your parents are going to show up and bail you out when you get bored, is all.

Actually...

BLM really does have a good point. There is too much of an inclination by police to use violence against them and police departments do not do enough to hold their "bad apples" accountable.

Please note, you are seeing the "Bad Apple" term thrown around a lot. The problem isn't just the bad apples, it's a whole system that protects them.

The thing is, this never should have come to riots. This should have been addressed five years ago after the first incident.

While I disagree, I appreciate the civility.

or stand in line for rallies

I don't stand on line ... I get a FastPass

Space-Mountain-High-Crowds-Line-700x525.jpg

Forum List

Back