Train carrying crude oil derails in Canada..explodes...THANKS Obuma for NO PIPELINE!!!

[QUOTE="S.J., post: 10930758, member: 41356
I'm more concerned with railroad accidents in the United States.

Me too, but the OP is blaming Obama for the Canadian accident.
That's my point. Build the pipeline and we won't have those railroad accidents here. Don't build it and we will.[/QUOTE]

We already have Canadian pipelines.

Why do we need the Koch pipeline so Canada can export their oil?

That's my point. Build the pipeline and we won't have those railroad accidents here. Don't build it and we will.

Why do we need the Koch pipeline so Canada can export their oil?[/QUOTE]
No, so we can send it to our refineries through a secure pipeline instead of on the highway where some drunk driving liberal can cause a bad accident.

I don't know if it's the site or what, but when you post a comment along with a quote it comes out all fucked up. Why is that happening?

"Train carrying crude oil derails in Canada..explodes...THANKS Obuma for NO PIPELINE!!!"

Obviously you have no idea how idiotic and ridiculous you are.
Seems that you are the idiot voice here. Pipelines do not derail.
Pipeines may not derail but are especially vulnerable to seismic activity. Underground aquifers and water resources may be just as much at risk if a pipeline is ruptured either by natural events or by deliberate human actions. Automatic shut off valves may offer some protection if the damage is not too extensive, but the section of pipe in which the leak occurs is going to be between two shutoff valves...one at either end of the section. Unfortunately a section might be a mile long. Any oil in that section is going to leak out. That is why the Obama administration has been reluctant to jump on the Keystone bandwagon. His engineer advisors know all the technical aspects of pipeline safety and the president is taking his stance based on their advice.

No, so we can send it to our refineries through a secure pipeline instead of on the highway where some drunk driving liberal can cause a bad accident.

We already have pipelines from Canada to our refineries.

SJ said:

That's my point. Build the pipeline and we won't have those railroad accidents here. Don't build it and we will.

SJ said:
Aw tell the man the truth, SJ. Koch has made a sucker out of you and the Conservative crowd. You are all KOCH SUCKERS!

Last edited:

Aw tell the man the truth, SJ. Koch has made a sucker out of you and the Conservative crowd. You are all KOCH SUCKERS!

So a pipeline isn't more secure than sending oil by rail? Is that what you're trying to tell us?

Last edited:

So a pipeline isn't more secure than sending oil by rail? Is that what you're trying to tell us?[/QUOTE] I thought I answered that question in post #44. Did you read it?

Hey environuts... how often does THIS have to happen for you to realize the PIPELINES are the way to do this?????

Fuel Fix ^
A CN Rail train carrying crude oil derailed early Saturday in northern Ontario, causing numerous tank cars to catch fire and spill into a local river system, officials said. It was the third CN oil train derailment in northern Ontario in less than a month, and the second in the same area, renewing concerns about the safety of shipping crude oil by train and further suggesting that new safety requirements for tank cars carrying flammable liquids are inadequate. CN said the cars had been retrofitted with protective shields to meet a higher safety standard known as the 1232. The new...
You mean the Canadians won't build a Canadian pipeline to transport their crude oil in their country?

So a pipeline isn't more secure than sending oil by rail? Is that what you're trying to tell us?
I thought I answered that question in post #44. Did you read it?[/QUOTE]

That's pure horseshit. Railroads are also subject to seismic activity. Furthermore, the entire length of the pipeline is in an area known for low seismic activity. That argument is pure demagoguery. You and Obama are just a couple of lying hosebags.

It's funny to me reading some of the posts here, that all you warmers or ok that Obama ignores the advice of the majority of experts and he is considered Gawd like, and those who don't believe the climate supposed experts are deniers. I see how that works!!!! And it's truly funny.

"Train carrying crude oil derails in Canada..explodes...THANKS Obuma for NO PIPELINE!!!"

Obviously you have no idea how idiotic and ridiculous you are.
Seems that you are the idiot voice here. Pipelines do not derail.
Pipeines may not derail but are especially vulnerable to seismic activity. Underground aquifers and water resources may be just as much at risk if a pipeline is ruptured either by natural events or by deliberate human actions. Automatic shut off valves may offer some protection if the damage is not too extensive, but the section of pipe in which the leak occurs is going to be between two shutoff valves...one at either end of the section. Unfortunately a section might be a mile long. Any oil in that section is going to leak out. That is why the Obama administration has been reluctant to jump on the Keystone bandwagon. His engineer advisors know all the technical aspects of pipeline safety and the president is taking his stance based on their advice.
He's been reluctant because of Contributions from Berkshire Hathaway and because Liberals have spread the lie that Koch Industries will make 100 billion from Keystone XL.

[QUOTE="S.J., post: 10930758, member: 41356]

Koch pipeline?????

read this,

Last edited:
Hey environuts... how often does THIS have to happen for you to realize the PIPELINES are the way to do this?????

Fuel Fix ^
A CN Rail train carrying crude oil derailed early Saturday in northern Ontario, causing numerous tank cars to catch fire and spill into a local river system, officials said. It was the third CN oil train derailment in northern Ontario in less than a month, and the second in the same area, renewing concerns about the safety of shipping crude oil by train and further suggesting that new safety requirements for tank cars carrying flammable liquids are inadequate. CN said the cars had been retrofitted with protective shields to meet a higher safety standard known as the 1232. The new...
You mean the Canadians won't build a Canadian pipeline to transport their crude oil in their country?
They will when they can complete it and get the oil to the Gulf. The goal is not to simply move oil in Canada, but to get it to refineries located on the US Gulf Coast.
Would you build a foundation if you weren't going to be allowed to set a house on it?

Fuel Fix ^
They will when they can complete it and get the oil to the Gulf. The goal is not to simply move oil in Canada, but to get it to refineries located on the US Gulf Coast.
Would you build a foundation if you weren't going to be allowed to set a house on it?
There are refineries in Kansas and Oklahoma, why does it need to go to the Gulf area? Export?

Fuel Fix ^
There are refineries in Kansas and Oklahoma, why does it need to go to the Gulf area? Export?

I think only the gulf refineries can handle the heavy crude the tar sands produce in Canada.

Fuel Fix ^

I think only the gulf refineries can handle the heavy crude the tar sands produce in Canada.
Probably...or they want the refineries from foreign nations to refine it and ship it to their needs...? I heard it was diesel they intended to use it for..

Forum List

Back