Another Threat To Our Gasoline Shortage That's Looming--Nobody To Deliver It

What you left out of that equation is that gasoline isn't the only hazardous fuel that gets hauled around. The other hazmat fuel being hauled is home heating oil. So the northern states have enough drivers because they were kept driving and delivering home heating oil. Any loss of drivers were in the warm southern states, who come summer may suffer a shortage.

So the irony is that democratic states will have plenty of delivered gasoline, but republican states will see a shortage.

I don't know how you figure that. We all use gasoline, don't we? This article is not talking about other Haz-Mat materials, it's talking specifically about gasoline.

The mass deportations are really hurting us. Everything from fast food to transportation...

The blob really screwed us.

What mass deportations do you speak of? Dementia is letting illegals in by the tens of thousands, and at this rate millions by the end of the year.

Mass deportations are not hurting us. Government paying people more to not work than work is. Now everybody.........Thank you Democrats!
False.

We're still deporting people; just like we were doing under your cult leader.

The difference is that we now have some demand on the retail end and we don't have enough workers...

I won't, but I appreciate the concern. I'm a diesel head, and It's getting weird at the pump, I agree. But, when you spend north of triple digits to fill your tank on the daily, this is not really a crisis for me.

Maybe not you but to many working families. It's not a crisis to me either. I just filled up my Toyota Camry today. Cost me $35.00. It used to cost me $20.00, but I only fill up once a month or so. I won't miss the $15.00 extra bucks every six weeks.

I've worked with people who lived 50 miles away or more from our place of employment. They had kids they had to drive all over the place after work. One former coworker told me he was spending in excess of $170.00 a month in gasoline during the DumBama years.

What we have to come to terms with is we are experiencing the difference between a totally pro-energy President and now an anti-energy President, and it's going to take a lot of residual income out of our economy.

False.

We're still deporting people; just like we were doing under your cult leader.

The difference is that we now have some demand on the retail end and we don't have enough workers...

Yes, that is the difference. The American workers are staying home now.

Correct, we may be deporting the same amount people, but under Dementia, we're bringing in five times more. That's a net loss in reducing or even maintaining the number of illegals in this country. It's what the Democrats wanted all along, and now it's going to cost us tens of billions.

I won't, but I appreciate the concern. I'm a diesel head, and It's getting weird at the pump, I agree. But, when you spend north of triple digits to fill your tank on the daily, this is not really a crisis for me.

Maybe not you but to many working families. It's not a crisis to me either. I just filled up my Toyota Camry today. Cost me $35.00. It used to cost me $20.00, but I only fill up once a month or so. I won't miss the $15.00 extra bucks every six weeks.

I've worked with people who lived 50 miles away or more from our place of employment. They had kids they had to drive all over the place after work. One former coworker told me he was spending in excess of $170.00 a month in gasoline during the DumBama years.

What we have to come to terms with is we are experiencing the difference between a totally pro-energy President and now an anti-energy President, and it's going to take a lot of residual income out of our economy.
The 'gas crisis' is not going to last long.

Perhaps the job itself isn't inviting enough for people. It's a hard job. Hard on ones body to sit more than an hour at a time. Not worth sacrificing your health unless companies mandate you have to stop every 2 hours. But they don't really care too much about the health of their employees.

No, sitting is not that hard. People do it in offices for hours at a time every single day. So do people that operate construction vehicles.

Trucks today have air ride tractors, and air ride seats. It's almost as comfortable as sitting in your car.

What drivers are sick of however is the federal government constantly making it harder and harder for us to do our jobs. Read the OP. We do have qualified drivers to haul gasoline, but you have to put up with so much BS with government to haul that gasoline.

Thanks for proving you're the ignorant. You do realize, that $1400 is gonna cost you $6500 in taxes? Yes the bulk of that stimulus went to foreign countries.
Sometimes you just have to say it like it is

What you posted is a “lie”. Either you wrote those words, or copied them or did not even read the words you wrote.

It is a lie; plan and simple.

No offence intended or implied, so help me God :)-:)-

We do have qualified drivers to haul gasoline, but you have to put up with so much BS with government to haul that gasoline.
These companies are privately owned. Yes our government does enacted controls as our laws provide.

You would have to be a US citizen to understand this.

Our government has the right to enact regulations
Or so it seems

:)-

Thanks for proving you're the ignorant. You do realize, that $1400 is gonna cost you $6500 in taxes? Yes the bulk of that stimulus went to foreign countries.
Sometimes you just have to say it like it is

What you posted is a “lie”. Either you wrote those words, or copied them or did not even read the words you wrote.

It is a lie; plan and simple.

No offence intended or implied, so help me God :)-:)-
You're an idiot and a tool for the democrat party.

These companies are privately owned. Yes our government does enacted controls as our laws provide.

You would have to be a US citizen to understand this.

Our government has the right to enact regulations
Or so it seems

Unless you actually did this job, you really don't understand. But I've been driving CDL vehicles for 30 years, and I do understand. It was great years ago. The government only gave you a problem once in a while. After 911, the industry went to hell.

You have to remember unlike most any other job, you take losses when problems happen. If a DOT cop gives you a citation, you have to pay for it out of your own pocket. For people that get paid by mileage, they take a loss every time they get stopped for vehicle and paperwork checks which usually take about an hour. If you get cited, you may have to go to court and that's even more time off of work. When you have a CDL, it's the only license you're allowed to have, so any violations against your license could end up increasing your insurance costs on your own vehicle when you are not working.

After a while, like any job, when it becomes nothing but too much bullshit to deal with, you say to hell with it. I'll make a living doing something else, and that's what you're seeing right now.

If you agree with this preponderance of government harassment against professional drivers, fine. You are an American and entitled to your opinion. But don't complain about it when you're paying $6.00 per gallon of gasoline either.

Thanks for making a great post. I can only hope the eighteen (18) wheeler business remains a profitable one.

Nobody stays in business to lose money. Point here is as government keeps creating more problems and more red tape for drivers, more drivers will leave and less will join the industry to take their place. I think you can see how that will be a problem if they don't back off a little bit.

Another issue not raised or thought about regarding the reprocussions of the severe shortage which will take 10 days more to be back to normal.
The affects will be to the east coast liken to the 2 week lockdown where over half the people could not go out to work or participate in the economy by purchasing goods and going to restaurants and bars, this time over conserving fuel or because they are practically empty.
The businesses can't afford another 2 weeks lapse with stimulus money already used to keep afloat there is no more bail outs coming, their last leg was just chopped off and all Biden can do is smirk and laugh and brush it off as being over with the pipeline back running, as if the affects don't exist, because he's to damn stupid to understand cause and affect and see the far reaching scope of this crisis on top of the former and existing crisis.

And if little Johny can't get to work at his fast food restaurant, the short staff will have lines at the few restaurants open, and that will burn a 1/8- 1/4 tank of fuel idling in pick up line besides the 1/4 tank wasted in the fuel line.-oy

Last edited:
Another issue not raised or thought about regarding the reprocussions of the severe shortage which will take 10 days more to be back to normal.
The affects will be to the east coast liken to the 2 week lockdown where over half the people could not go out to work or participate in the economy by purchasing goods and going to restaurants and bars, this time over conserving fuel or because they are practically empty.
The businesses can't afford another 2 weeks lapse with stimulus money already used to keep afloat there is no more bail outs coming, their last leg was just chopped off and all Biden can do is smirk and laugh and brush it off as being over with the pipeline back running, as if the affects don't exist, because he's to damn stupid to understand cause and affect and see the far reaching scope of this crisis on top of the former and existing crisis.

And if little Johny can't get to work at his fast food restaurant, the short staff will have lines at the few restaurants open, and that will burn a 1/8- 1/4 tank of fuel idling in pick up line besides the 1/4 tank wasted in the fuel line.-oy
Gas or no gas, these places are suffering because their employees or potential employees are getting paid more by the government to sit home instead. Businesses are used to competition, but not from the federal government.

Our state is one of the 17 states that decided to cut the federal unemployment addition to encourage people to find a job. One of my Facebook friends works at a limo company and they couldn't find drivers for anything. After our Governor announced he was stopping fed unemployment, he claims they had 18 applicants the very next day.

To solve the long gas lines and delivery issues:
Tripple A will offer this service in the near future for next time there is a crisis. (Jokingly)

Forum List

Back