Traces of coronavirus found in frozen chicken wings, shrimp packaging in China

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
One of the questions I had early was whether or not this virus could be transmitted via shipping in packaging. With Amazon being so massive and there being certain cities hit harder than others, there should have been at least some focus on packaging which came from China (seems it wasn't of interest, as most problems with China aren't with MSM and big donors).

The realization of this virus found in packaging of food, certainly doesn't decrease the questions I'd like answered on this broader subject.

Two cities in China have found traces of the new coronavirus in imported frozen food and on food packaging, local authorities said on Thursday, raising fears that contaminated food shipments might cause new outbreaks.

A sample taken from the surface of frozen chicken wings imported into the southern city of Shenzhen from Brazil, as well as samples of outer packaging of frozen Ecuadorian shrimp sold in the northwestern Xi’An city, have tested positive for the virus, local authorities said on Thurs.

The discoveries came a day after traces of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 were found on the packaging of frozen shrimp from Ecuador in a city in eastern Anhui province. China has been stepping up screenings at ports amid the concerns over food imports.

One of the questions I had early was whether or not this virus could be transmitted via shipping in packaging. With Amazon being so massive and there being certain cities hit harder than others, there should have been at least some focus on packaging which came from China (seems it wasn't of interest, as most problems with China aren't with MSM and big donors).

The realization of this virus found in packaging of food, certainly doesn't decrease the questions I'd like answered on this broader subject.

Two cities in China have found traces of the new coronavirus in imported frozen food and on food packaging, local authorities said on Thursday, raising fears that contaminated food shipments might cause new outbreaks.

A sample taken from the surface of frozen chicken wings imported into the southern city of Shenzhen from Brazil, as well as samples of outer packaging of frozen Ecuadorian shrimp sold in the northwestern Xi’An city, have tested positive for the virus, local authorities said on Thurs.

The discoveries came a day after traces of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 were found on the packaging of frozen shrimp from Ecuador in a city in eastern Anhui province. China has been stepping up screenings at ports amid the concerns over food imports.
This is why you wash hands frequently and NEVER TOUCH YOUR FACE without washing your hands first. The possibility that this virus remains active after freezing is near zero and the life expectancy on packaging is but 24 hours. It is far more likely that a person on the ship, handling these products, would cause any new infections.

Not too surprising. Thanks for the post.

You know, I wouldn't worry too much about this. The virus cannot replicate itself in frozen food, it needs a live host to replicate.

Combine that with the fact that chicken wings are cooked at over 160 degrees, or deep fried, and that will kill just about anything.

I'm ordering Chinese food for dinner tonight. I don't have to worry about frozen chicken wings.

Read where your meat, poultry and sea food comes from. If it says China, don't buy it.

I see packages of Cod in our grocery store all the time, and most of the time it says "PRODUCT OF CHINA" on it. I leave it, as I think most do. When I see it says "WILD CAUGHT IN ALASKA," I buy a whole bunch of it.

Used to like Tilapia, but can't find that imported from anywhere but China, so I don't buy that anymore either.

Read where your meat, poultry and sea food comes from. If it says China, don't buy it.

I see packages of Cod in our grocery store all the time, and most of the time it says "PRODUCT OF CHINA" on it. I leave it, as I think most do. When I see it says "WILD CAUGHT IN ALASKA," I buy a whole bunch of it.

Used to like Tilapia, but can't find that imported from anywhere but China, so I don't buy that anymore either.

Well then you're a fool. Because nothing is caught in Alaska. It's all caught in international waters which can be from a Chinese vessel or American vessel. It's all the same fish.

Well then you're a fool. Because nothing is caught in Alaska. It's all caught in international waters which can be from a Chinese vessel or American vessel. It's all the same fish.
OK... I'm sure authorities just ignore fish being packaged labeled wild caught in Alaska when it's not.

So maybe you could prove this allegation, instead of just calling me a fool... jerk.

Last edited:

While that may be true, it's the way the fish is processed for market that makes me worry a bit. The USA has a lot better food safety in the way that we bring things to market than what China does.

Forum List

Back