Tornado Comes Thru Clarksville And Almost Nails Me

You must live near a Pastor friend of mine. Says it came within a couple of blocks.
Storm supposed to hit us early in the morning in Virginia.
The only thing good about tornadoes is they are focused in a half mile wide area.
If this was a Hurricane I'd be sweating bullets.
I remember being 150 miles North of Hugo and it still blew branches off my trees when I lived in Fayetteville NC outside of Ft Bragg.

Last edited:
Getting tornadoes in December is the newest thing I guess, I don't remember that happening as a kid in Nov./Dec., but it's been normal for November in Illinois for the past 15 years, a bad one passed thru here in 2013 that was very destructive, but only a couple people killed with lots of damage.

Getting tornadoes in December is the newest thing I guess, I don't remember that happening as a kid in Nov./Dec., but it's been normal for November in Illinois for the past 15 years, a bad one passed thru here in 2013 that was very destructive, but only a couple people killed with lots of damage.
Downtown Clarksville was destroyed Jan 21st 1999 by an E5.
I remember waking up because it was so quiet.....and the tornado missed me by about 1 km.

Downtown Clarksville was destroyed Jan 21st 1999 by an E5.
I remember waking up because it was so quiet.....and the tornado missed me by about 1 km.

Wow, I'm glad that it missed you. Btw, believe it or not I was only eight years old then but almost nine.

The twister went just a bit North of my house and tore up the neighborhood on Tiny Town road.

Good thing I had a generator. We lost power and we're still not out of woods because it's getting dark and may hit my area again.

I think there's a bunch of people that are going to have a terrible Christmas this year.

This wasn't the E5 storm that hit us back in 1999, but it messed up a lot of homes with that flimsy plastic siding on them.
here's a video of it

"Global Warming"

:laughing0301:

We had a derecho two summers ago in SE South Dakota. Most bizarre thing I have ever experienced! Terrifying!

When we moved to Virginia our neighbors told us about the last one to hit the area. A week of no power and hot muggy weather. So I spent our 2020 vacation money on a whole house generator since the ChiCom flu had everything closed.

When we moved to Virginia our neighbors told us about the last one to hit the area. A week of no power and hot muggy weather. So I spent our 2020 vacation money on a whole house generator since the ChiCom flu had everything closed.

And I know how expensive that can be! Got the quotes!

Forum List

Back