Top repub says parts of the party have been infected with Russian propoganda

December 22, 2019

Christmas came early for Ukraine and much of Europe after US President Donald Trump signed an omnibus defense bill that included sanctions stopping completion of a major new Russian gas pipeline to Germany.

The Nord Stream 2 undersea pipeline was just weeks away from completion when, on December 20, the US President signed a bill that stopped the contractor, Allseas Group of Switzerland, from further work. Allseas has proprietary technology to do such specialized work, and threats by the US government against the company legally and financially forced it to immediately suspend work.

Some critics have said the sanctions are too little, too late, because the project is nearly completed, with estimates that 2,100 kilometers have been laid and only 300 kilometers are left to build. But a letter from the US Senate warned Allseas: “if you were to attempt to finish the pipeline in the next 30 days, you would devastate your shareholders’ value and destroy the future viability of your company.”

Completed

Completed

I know, Biden let them complete it.

WASHINGTON, May 19 2021 (Reuters) - The Biden administration waived sanctions on the company behind Russia's Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline to Germany and its chief executive, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Wednesday, a move decried by critics of the project in Congress.

A State Department report sent to Congress concluded that Nord Stream 2 AG and its CEO, Matthias Warnig, an ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin, engaged in sanctionable activity. But Blinken immediately waived those sanctions, saying that it was in the U.S. national interest.

I think it’s time someone explained compromise for you. A good deal, a fair deal, is where nobody is happy but everyone can live with it.

Sounds awesome!
How many Democrat and Republican votes did the bill get in the Senate?

You have nothing. No changes to border security. No changes to the immigration courts. Nothing.

No. Now Biden can run on Republican Obstruction.

Seventy Senators voted for the Bill.

Biden can point to BiPartisan legislation and how he worked across the aisle to address the problems. Republicans can promise to do nothing unless they get sixty plus seats in the Senate.

So even if Republicans pick up five seats in the Senate, they can accomplish nothing because they won’t have enough without compromise. And the All or Nothing folks prefer nothing. And they can run on accomplishing nothing this year.

Exactly! Now Biden can run on his border disaster.

Forget the senate republicans

They are finger wetters without principles who just want the easiest path to reelection

They thought they had found the easiest way out to please the washington establishment

But they misread their own base voters

As I said. You wanted it to be all or nothing and you got nothing.

So pout and moan like a bitch. Cry that the other side is awful. And if you don’t win in November, gnash your teeth and scream how awful it is.

As I said. You wanted it to be all or nothing and you got nothing.

So pout and moan like a bitch.
You dont sound so happy either

If you believe no immigration bill is good for biden in the fall you are misinformed

I support assisting ukraine

But politically, the war in ukraine is much less popular than ending the alien invasion from mexico

So making a deal with the House repubs is in biden’s best interests also

If your principles are really that important to you...you would have argued with Hollie who clearly tells the exact opposite story.

Of course we both know why you don’t....Can’t disagree with someone who is a fellow blob supporter, can you?

It seems you’re reduced to stalking me stalking me among various threads.

Such are the wages of your failed attempts at argument.

If you believe no immigration bill is good for biden in the fall you are misinformed

But politically, the war in ukraine is much less popular than ending the alien invasion from mexico

As I said. Most Republicans want to help Putin.

House republicans can’t even make a deal with themselves.

Their Speaker is holding on by a shoestring

Seventy Senators voted for the Bill.

Biden can point to BiPartisan legislation and how he worked across the aisle to address the problems. Republicans can promise to do nothing unless they get sixty plus seats in the Senate.

So even if Republicans pick up five seats in the Senate, they can accomplish nothing because they won’t have enough without compromise. And the All or Nothing folks prefer nothing. And they can run on accomplishing nothing this year.

Exactly! Now Biden can run on his border disaster.

Thanks for the link, but that wasn't the border bill.

Also, you were wanting a ceasefire long before the information came out about some random killings, some of which may have been civilian targets…
Some of which may have been

That’s a pretty weasel way to admit that the IDF fucked up badly

And yeah… it was pretty easy to see that coming

Forum List

Back