Top Kill has failed according to BP

BULLSHIT. How many of their operations outside the Gulf have they shut down to divert employees and other resources here? Hint: ZERO. They don't give a FUCK.

Yes, because leaving other rigs unattended would be totally responsible.

I had no idea 100% of BP's workforce was employed on oil rigs.

If Obama hasn't ordered BP to cease all operations and send their employees to the Gulf of Mexico then BP is under no obligation to do so....Obama is in charge..NOT BP..he said so in his news conference!

BP said the complex "top kill" maneuver to plug its Gulf of Mexico oil well had failed, ending hopes for a quick end to the largest oil spill in U.S. history that is now in its 40th day.

FACTBOX-Developments in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill | Reuters

Recently a scientist was showing the growth of the oil spill and stressing that the gulf is not that big a place considering how fast the oil spill is growing. Are we looking at the gulf becoming a dead sea with unimaginable economic and ecological loss? BP and the administration have both grossly under estimated the disaster and have overestimated BP's capability to solve the problem. I think it's time the government muster all resources regardless of cost to solve this problem. If we are going to lose this battle, let go down fighting.

What do you expect the government will do?

Raise Taxes.

you make some very important points that light up all the way across the spectrum of the american military-industrial complex and how it has evolved since the end of world war two.

the union worker v. management responsibility dichotomy is the same in every sector of our industry. look at things like the collapse of the highway bridge in mini-no-place last year and any number of major structures that have collapsed without the help of truckloads of fertilizer or arab terrorists at the controls of jets.

the same difficulties in proper accountability for military atrocities exist. my lai is my favorite example. several somebodies above calley and medina gave orders paving the way for what they did in a chain of command that terminates in the oval office. the misconduct of the soldiers at abu ghraib is another and more current good example. the superior officers who encouraged, if not ordered, that sort of treatment were never touched.

the onus invariably falls on the other end of the chain, and the burden of the cost of repair is borne by common consumer and taxpayer rather than those claiming authority.

Yepppppers...gotta watch out for that evil military-industrial complex....and their silent black helicopters that spy on people unbeknownst to them.:cuckoo:

you make some very important points that light up all the way across the spectrum of the american military-industrial complex and how it has evolved since the end of world war two.

the union worker v. management responsibility dichotomy is the same in every sector of our industry. look at things like the collapse of the highway bridge in mini-no-place last year and any number of major structures that have collapsed without the help of truckloads of fertilizer or arab terrorists at the controls of jets.

the same difficulties in proper accountability for military atrocities exist. my lai is my favorite example. several somebodies above calley and medina gave orders paving the way for what they did in a chain of command that terminates in the oval office. the misconduct of the soldiers at abu ghraib is another and more current good example. the superior officers who encouraged, if not ordered, that sort of treatment were never touched.

the onus invariably falls on the other end of the chain, and the burden of the cost of repair is borne by common consumer and taxpayer rather than those claiming authority.

Yepppppers...gotta watch out for that evil military-industrial complex....and their silent black helicopters that spy on people unbeknownst to them.:cuckoo:

yo, suckerface. may i suggest you check with the boys at langley, the puzzle palace or the hoover building and ask them if they know who i am before you try to discredit me with the insane conspiracy theorist fallacy.

you do not know who or what i am and the conclusions you draw and publish have a potential for causing a dent in your wallet.

Last edited:
Yeah right ass clown.....making threats from your mommy's basement will garner you no sympathy here....and I'm sure the guys up at Langely know who you are...the gemstone jewelry designer/radical hippie revolutionary/rock star who thinks the vast military industrial complex is the nexus of evil.

Talk about delusions of grandeur........

'Top kill' fails to stop flow of oil, BP says - CNN.com

Now along with the oil and gas, golf balls, rope, and other assorted junk will be flowing into the Gulf.

Well, its the governement to the rescue? Go Obama, help them becasue this free enterprise, not government help crowd really look dumb here.

And speaking of dumb, didnt Rush say this is no big deal? He actually said this. The ocean would take care of itself.

He certainly did. He said the old was as natural as the sea water itself. I still say that we stuff his porky little body down the mile long tube and see if it helps. He is by far the largest piece of extrement that the radio world has ever seen. Who would marry a lose like this guy?

Sorry...making stuff up doesn't make it fact.
Bush had to call Blanco SEVERAL TIMES TO GET HER TO BEGIN EVACUATING THE CITY...there were thousands of tons of supplies pre-staged by the National Guard but when the levees broke all of the roads were flooded....
Please continue....

and offshore drilling is controlled by the FEDS ONLY...not State governors....

You're blaming Obama because the rig blew up? Yes or no

This question from you to me is more evidence of your insanity.....no one's blaming Obama for the rig exploding...what Obama's being bamed for is the total lack of response to the ensuing spill, the failure to fast track the sand berms and not doing a goddam thing to mitigate the spill AFTER claiming he was IN CHARGE FROM DAY ONE!!!! He accepted responsibility for this...or are you now having trouble remembering what Obama said.

Actually people are blaming Obama for the rig exploding.

She asked ahead of time, and Bush did declare a national emergency. He dropped the ball after that.

Which brings up an interesting point. Y'all are heaping all the blame for this on Obama and not a single person has blamed any of the governors of the states that rim the Gulf of Mexico...:lol:. Oh, right....they are all Republicans.

Sorry...making stuff up doesn't make it fact.
Bush had to call Blanco SEVERAL TIMES TO GET HER TO BEGIN EVACUATING THE CITY...there were thousands of tons of supplies pre-staged by the National Guard but when the levees broke all of the roads were flooded....
Please continue....

I don't know where you read your history...probably on Glen Beck, but you are incorrect.

So here we have Bobby Jindall going on television and crying that the Fed is not saving his state. And yet Bobby Jindall has been governor for a bit of time and never thought, as he sat in his tower in Baton Rouge, hmmmm....just supposing one of those gazillion oil rigs off my coast blows up? What is my plan to protect my state?

If I was the president I'd have told Jindal that we'll be diverting several million in funds to his state that was previously targeted

for something called volcano monitoring.

Happy now, Piyush?

Rand Paul would change that. He would give oversight to the states.

I thought Obama said he's been in charge "since day one"?

You are quite right.

Ladies and gentlemen - there is no other way to describe what has been shown regarding Obama during this crisis. He has proven himself incapable of actually leading.

Is it any accident that we have had more terrorist attempts, more Afghan deaths, more rogue nations becoming increasingly belligerent, in recent months?

Obama is weak, and from weakness follows great danger.

I pray someone is able to forumulate a plan to stop the leak soon - but great damage has already been done in the weeks since it began, and those in the world who wish to do this country harm are now greatly emboldened by the sheer magnitude of Obama's incompetence and indiference.

Lord help us...

You guys are great. One of your sacred cow oil companies perpetrates an EPIC fuck up while performing a practice whipped for aggressively by conservatives, and the response at large? "Obama is incompetent."

Idiot.

[You guys are great. One of your sacred cow oil companies perpetrates an EPIC fuck up while performing a practice whipped for aggressively by conservatives, and the response at large? "Obama is incompetent."

Idiot.

Conservatives who have been complaining about over regulation of industry for forever now trying to blame Obama for this because of lax regulation at MMS.

What MMS did wrong is exactly what conservatives have been wishing for. Conservatives got what they wanted in MMS,

less oversight, less restriction, lax rules, less government interference.

See? This is why some of us have told you why you were, and are,

WRONG.

Last edited:
[You guys are great. One of your sacred cow oil companies perpetrates an EPIC fuck up while performing a practice whipped for aggressively by conservatives, and the response at large? "Obama is incompetent."

Idiot.

Conservatives who have been complaining about over regulation of industry for forever now trying to blame Obama for this because of lax regulation at MMS.

What MMS did wrong is exactly what conservatives have been wishing for. Conservatives got what they wanted in MMS,

WRONG.

Two problems with your simple-minded assessment:

1. It was a high pressure methane blow out that probably was going to happen reguardless. Can't plan an acccident.

2. There are regulations in place for the equipment necessary, inspections and the like for oil rigs. Something in that process failed here, not an absence of rules and regulations.

Questions for you:

Have they stepped up inspections on like rigs in the last month?

Are the back flow preventers in question being replaced as we speak?

Now that we know the issues, is the adminstration fixing them?

Idiot.

WRONG.

1. It was a high pressure methane blow out that probably was going to happen reguardless. Can't plan an acccident.

2. There are regulations in place for the equipment necessary, inspections and the like for oil rigs. Something in that process failed here, not an absence of rules and regulations.

Questions for you:

You are an idiot! Methane at the top of an oil deposit is COMON. GAAAWWWWDDD you people are willfully ignorant fuckwit asshats!

If the Administration is fixing "it." I am sure they are lax regualtions from the Bush days. You cannot elect two professed oil men and not expect lessoned oil company oversight. BP was out to make a buck while Transocean was trying to do the safe thing. BP and Haliburton won.

WRONG.

Questions for you:

You are an idiot! Methane at the top of an oil deposit is COMON. GAAAWWWWDDD you people are willfully ignorant fuckwit asshats!

So you can't answer the questions at all? Just have an attack on the poster? Obvious to me who the ignorant person is here. I live in oil country. We see the burning gas all the time. This was a high pressure eruption of the gas. Not as common as you report.

Questions for you:

So you can't answer the questions at all? Just have an attack on the poster? Obvious to me who the ignorant person is here. I live in oil country. We see the burning gas all the time. This was a high pressure eruption of the gas. Not as common as you report.

I didn't say how often...I just said comom..as in certainly with enough frequency to consider and prepare for .... ya nitwit.

What? You think a gas depsit on top of an oil deposit is rare? Like so rare that there is no need to be prepared for it when the access to the well head is 5,000 feet down?

Sorry...when this kind of ignorance is displayed it gets called out...deal with it!

Forum List

Back