Top Kill has failed according to BP

You know I've failed the first time once or twice. Any reason BP can't keep shoving some mud down the hole for a few more days? Maybe this is a bit too simplistic, but what about a much larger diameter pipe shoved over the one leaking and run it all the way to the surface? Then put a nice little valve on top with a hose running to a tanker? Anything that takes less than two months is a worthwhile shot.

Well, if you haven't figured it out,

BP knows these 'fixes' won't work, the top hat, the top kill. Those odds of success they were citing,

made up nonsense. They didn't think that top kill had a 70% chance of working, they more likely figured it had a one in a million chance of working.

But why did they try them, you ask, if they knew they wouldn't work?

Simple. To try to maintain the illusion that there are fixes for these blowouts other than the only fix that has ever worked, which is the relief well. Why the need to maintain that illusion?
Because if everyone wakes up to the fact that the only really reliable fix for these wells is the relief well, then governments like ours will start requiring them to drill the relief well alongside the primary well.

very damaging to the bottom line.

JMHO!

o'rly.....obama says his administration has been calling the shots from day one....NOT...BP

next

So? Why did BP say the top kill had a 70% chance of working? Where did they get that number when no well has ever been plugged at that depth, in fact, it hasn't even been tried? How do you get a 7 in 10 chance probability with no historical data to work from?

Answer - you pull it out of your ass to establish a narrative that the procedure MIGHT work.

obama told us that he has been calling the shots and has been running this from day one....why the fuck are you whining about BP and not obama?

thats right....because obama has a D after his name...much easier to blame someone like bush...

o'rly.....obama says his administration has been calling the shots from day one....not...bp

next

so? Why did bp say the top kill had a 70% chance of working? Where did they get that number when no well has ever been plugged at that depth, in fact, it hasn't even been tried? How do you get a 7 in 10 chance probability with no historical data to work from?

Answer - you pull it out of your ass to establish a narrative that the procedure might work.

obama told us that he has been calling the shots and has been running this from day one....why the fuck are you whining about bp and not obama?

Thats right....because obama has a d after his name...much easier to blame someone like bush...

Obama did it!!!!!!

Bwwwwaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Blame the MULLATO!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, if you haven't figured it out,

BP knows these 'fixes' won't work, the top hat, the top kill. Those odds of success they were citing,

made up nonsense. They didn't think that top kill had a 70% chance of working, they more likely figured it had a one in a million chance of working.

But why did they try them, you ask, if they knew they wouldn't work?

Simple. To try to maintain the illusion that there are fixes for these blowouts other than the only fix that has ever worked, which is the relief well. Why the need to maintain that illusion?
Because if everyone wakes up to the fact that the only really reliable fix for these wells is the relief well, then governments like ours will start requiring them to drill the relief well alongside the primary well.

very damaging to the bottom line.

JMHO!

o'rly.....obama says his administration has been calling the shots from day one....NOT...BP

next

And your point is...??? BP's failure to plug the pipe is Obamas fault? The spill is Obamas fault?? This is what you call humor? Funny:cuckoo:

Obama claims to be in control from day one...yet we see nothing being done other than relying on his campaign contributors to make decisions....which have all failed to this point...so you explain who's responsible.....after Obama accepted full responsibility for the incident.

Last edited:

next

So? Why did BP say the top kill had a 70% chance of working? Where did they get that number when no well has ever been plugged at that depth, in fact, it hasn't even been tried? How do you get a 7 in 10 chance probability with no historical data to work from?

Answer - you pull it out of your ass to establish a narrative that the procedure MIGHT work.

obama told us that he has been calling the shots and has been running this from day one....why the fuck are you whining about BP and not obama?

thats right....because obama has a D after his name...much easier to blame someone like bush...

Which department of the US government plugs oil spills? I think I asked that question about a month ago. I don't recall getting an answer.

I think I also predicted that the wingnuts would eventually try to blame the spill on Obama and the Democrats and the left. I appear to be exactly right on that one, although that is hardly a tough call.

Probably had it's budget defunded by a bunch of science hating Conservatives.:razz:

Wrong.....It's been leased to the Indonesian government by GUESS WHO!!!!

when the uss forrestal dropped a nuke in the drink in the gulf of tonkin, howard hughes was hired to deploy the explorer for the recovery. that was the mid-60's (i forget exactly when but the forrestal's ships logs are available online and tell the story. us goofy yippie radicals like to call it the gulf of tonka toys incident --- very costly, but no people or the environment were injured)

since i don't form immutable snap judgements about people i meet i these boards, i'm just guessing from prior encounters and what i see of your posts in threads i'm not posting in, you have stated that you are retired from a career in government service and you posted a picture of yourself (?) with a tiger that looked to be tamed and trained.

if that is indeed you, it all adds up to a CIA field operative in my experience.
also, in my experience, that doesn't automatically make you the enemy - just someone to be cautious in my interactions with.

i'm in the gemstone business --- the tucson gem shows seem to be a spook training ground. trading gemstones for weapons is much neater than trading dope for the weapons, so i never know when i might profit from an interaction with Coopt - Interdict - Assassinate a/k/a the Cocaine Importation Agency.

so to get back to your question, them lousy obamanomical libruls are somehow leasing the boat to the indonesians, yeah??:cool:

Normally I don't respond to lunatic drugged out hippies who are immersed in a LSD flashback from their yellow submarine days but dude...seriously...check into a mental health clinic. YOU are legally insane judging by how many apparent brain cells you have left. The USS Forrestal never dropped any nukes in the GoT...the GLOMAR Explorer was specifically designed by Howard Hughes to recover a sunken Soviet submarine that had nuclear weapons on board off the coast of Hawaii in the 70's.

Keep reading the Fabulous Freak Brothers comic books....it's doing wonders for your American history lessons as related to the Viet Nam war...put the Iron Butterfly 8 track in the player, fire up the hooka and drop some purple barrel..tune in, turn on and drop out dude....:lol:

Last edited:

Which department of the US government plugs oil spills? I think I asked that question about a month ago. I don't recall getting an answer.

I think I also predicted that the wingnuts would eventually try to blame the spill on Obama and the Democrats and the left. I appear to be exactly right on that one, although that is hardly a tough call.

I think this question would be better addressed if you asked the Obama Administration...after all...they have accepted full responsibility for the incident and have been in charge since day 1....and your right...it wasn't a tough call...all you had to do was look at what happened with the Hurricane Katrina response being blamed on Bush....karma's a bitch ain't it?

Last edited:
If the government hadn't forced oil companies into deep water drilling by forbidding permits for on land or shallow water exploration and drilling, we wouldn't be facing this mess right now.

You need to research 'fixed platform' drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and then rethink the wisdom of getting your talking points from rightwing propagandists.

Wrong.....It's been leased to the Indonesian government by GUESS WHO!!!!

when the uss forrestal dropped a nuke in the drink in the gulf of tonkin, howard hughes was hired to deploy the explorer for the recovery. that was the mid-60's (i forget exactly when but the forrestal's ships logs are available online and tell the story. us goofy yippie radicals like to call it the gulf of tonka toys incident --- very costly, but no people or the environment were injured)

since i don't form immutable snap judgements about people i meet i these boards, i'm just guessing from prior encounters and what i see of your posts in threads i'm not posting in, you have stated that you are retired from a career in government service and you posted a picture of yourself (?) with a tiger that looked to be tamed and trained.

if that is indeed you, it all adds up to a CIA field operative in my experience.
also, in my experience, that doesn't automatically make you the enemy - just someone to be cautious in my interactions with.

i'm in the gemstone business --- the tucson gem shows seem to be a spook training ground. trading gemstones for weapons is much neater than trading dope for the weapons, so i never know when i might profit from an interaction with Coopt - Interdict - Assassinate a/k/a the Cocaine Importation Agency.

so to get back to your question, them lousy obamanomical libruls are somehow leasing the boat to the indonesians, yeah??:cool:

Normally I don't respond to lunatic drugged out hippies who are immersed in a LSD flashback from their yellow submarine days but dude...seriously...check into a mental health clinic. YOU are legally insane judging by how many apparent brain cells you have left. The USS Forrestal never dropped any nukes in the GoT...the GLOMAR Explorer was specifically designed by Howard Hughes to recover a sunken Soviet submarine that had nuclear weapons on board off the coast of Hawaii in the 70's.

Keep reading the Fabulous Freak Brothers comic books....it's doing wonders for your American history lessons as related to the Viet Nam war...put the Iron Butterfly 8 track in the player, fire up the hooka and drop some purple barrel..tune in, turn on and drop out dude....:lol:

well thanks for the misinformation about the forrestal incident and the near libelous other horseshit your spook ass just composed. are all of you field operatives such idiots or is that just you?

would you like me to post the forrestal logs of the incident in this thread big guy or would you like to try your hand at discrediting me in a new thread?

you partisan hacks are so quick to pass judgment on me and are so far from the truth that i haven't had so much fun laughing at you morons in years. it's a long time since i've been able to play monkey in the middle to such a misinformed, mentally conditioned crowd of simians waving their cocks at me from both peanut galleries.

you guys are so off base about me you have no idea. go google whack admiral stuart landesman usn and lt col max loewenberg and tell me what comes back. you might have to use your access to the dodo data bases to get any info back. they're kin.

while we're at it can you share with us the current status of the glomar challenger and some of the famous deep sea boats like alvin and trieste and why they can't be deployed to the job site?

Last edited:

You should contact the White House: Contact the White House | The White House

The American people should know that from the moment this disaster began, the federal government has been in charge of the response effort.

Transcript of President Obama's oil spill remarks and news conference | McClatchy

Please let us know what Obama says.

I think this question would be better addressed if you asked the Obama Administration...after all...they have accepted full responsibility for the incident and have been in charge since day 1....and your right...it wasn't a tough call...all you had to do was look at what happened with the Hurricane Katrina response being blamed on Bush....karma's a bitch ain't it?

No. It's funny to see the people who defended Bush during Katrina and who ridiculed those who blamed Bush now either concede that Bush fucked up, or, now behave in the same manner as those they ridiculed.

No the Obama administration is not accepting full responsibility for causing the incident nor should it.

what part of:

MY administration has been in charge since day one

the FEDERAL government has been calling the shots...not BP

do you not understand?

i had no doubt left wing nuts like yourself would make any excuses for obama, while you blamed bush for katrina six ways to sunday

No the Obama administration is not accepting full responsibility for causing the incident nor should it.

nor did bush ever accept responsibility for causing katrina...nor should he have....but the liberal press and libs like you certainly blamed him for everything, especially the afterthemath.....

the hypocrisy here is so blatant only hacks can't see it

nor did bush ever accept responsibility for causing katrina...nor should he have....but the liberal press and libs like you certainly blamed him for everything, especially the afterthemath.....

So the right is simply trying to propagate a lie, in revenge?

well thanks for the misinformation about the forrestal incident and the near libelous other horseshit your spook ass just composed. are all of you field operatives such idiots or is that just you?

would you like me to post the forrestal logs of the incident in this thread big guy or would you like to try your hand at discrediting me in a new thread?

you partisan hacks are so quick to pass judgment on me and are so far from the truth that i haven't had so much fun laughing at you morons in years. it's a long time since i've been able to play monkey in the middle to such a misinformed, mentally conditioned crowd of simians waving their cocks at me from both peanut galleries.

you guys are so off base about me you have no idea. go google whack admiral stuart landesman usn and lt col max loewenberg and tell me what comes back. you might have to use your access to the dodo data bases to get any info back. they're kin.

while we're at it can you share with us the current status of the glomar challenger and some of the famous deep sea boats like alvin and trieste and why they can't be deployed to the job site?

Yes...post the links to the official ship's logs from the specified incident onboard the USS Forrestal with specific references to them losing nuclear weapons in the Gulf of Tonkin and the GLOMAR Explorer entries citing the recovery of said weapons...and remember I know what official Naval vessel logs look like....if it's all just a hallucination brought on by extensive psyllacibin consumption I'll understand why you cannot produce them.

So the right is simply trying to propagate a lie, in revenge?

?

Poor Bush. We've had a tried and true method of dealing with hurricanes for several decades but Bush couldn't follow directions apparently.

Poor Bush. We've had a tried and true method of dealing with hurricanes for several decades but Bush couldn't follow directions apparently.

Funny how some try to rewrite history. Yeah....let the governor of the State BE IN CHARGE and then the federal government gives assistance when ASKED by the State Governor....she looked like a deer caught in the headlights when those levees broke and the city wasn't even evacuated according to NAGIN'S plan....please...continue...

Funny how some try to rewrite history. Yeah....let the governor of the State BE IN CHARGE and then the federal government gives assistance when ASKED by the State Governor....she looked like a deer caught in the headlights when those levees broke and the city wasn't even evacuated according to NAGIN'S plan....please...continue...
She asked ahead of time, and Bush did declare a national emergency. He dropped the ball after that.

Which brings up an interesting point. Y'all are heaping all the blame for this on Obama and not a single person has blamed any of the governors of the states that rim the Gulf of Mexico...:lol:. Oh, right....they are all Republicans.

Forum List

Back