Top Kill has failed according to BP

Poor Bush. We've had a tried and true method of dealing with hurricanes for several decades but Bush couldn't follow directions apparently.

Funny how some try to rewrite history. Yeah....let the governor of the State BE IN CHARGE and then the federal government gives assistance when ASKED by the State Governor....she looked like a deer caught in the headlights when those levees broke and the city wasn't even evacuated according to NAGIN'S plan....please...continue...
She asked ahead of time, and Bush did declare a national emergency. He dropped the ball after that.

Which brings up an interesting point. Y'all are heaping all the blame for this on Obama and not a single person has blamed any of the governors of the states that rim the Gulf of Mexico...:lol:. Oh, right....they are all Republicans.

Sorry...making stuff up doesn't make it fact.
Bush had to call Blanco SEVERAL TIMES TO GET HER TO BEGIN EVACUATING THE CITY...there were thousands of tons of supplies pre-staged by the National Guard but when the levees broke all of the roads were flooded....
Please continue....

and offshore drilling is controlled by the FEDS ONLY...not State governors....

Funny how some try to rewrite history. Yeah....let the governor of the State BE IN CHARGE and then the federal government gives assistance when ASKED by the State Governor....she looked like a deer caught in the headlights when those levees broke and the city wasn't even evacuated according to NAGIN'S plan....please...continue...
She asked ahead of time, and Bush did declare a national emergency. He dropped the ball after that.

Which brings up an interesting point. Y'all are heaping all the blame for this on Obama and not a single person has blamed any of the governors of the states that rim the Gulf of Mexico...:lol:. Oh, right....they are all Republicans.

Bush had to call Blanco SEVERAL TIMES TO GET HER TO BEGIN EVACUATING THE CITY...there were thousands of tons of supplies pre-staged by the National Guard but when the levees broke all of the roads were flooded....
Please continue....

I don't know where you read your history...probably on Glen Beck, but you are incorrect.

So here we have Bobby Jindall going on television and crying that the Fed is not saving his state. And yet Bobby Jindall has been governor for a bit of time and never thought, as he sat in his tower in Baton Rouge, hmmmm....just supposing one of those gazillion oil rigs off my coast blows up? What is my plan to protect my state?

Please continue....

You're blaming Obama because the rig blew up? Yes or no

Well, if you haven't figured it out,

BP knows these 'fixes' won't work, the top hat, the top kill. Those odds of success they were citing,

made up nonsense. They didn't think that top kill had a 70% chance of working, they more likely figured it had a one in a million chance of working.

But why did they try them, you ask, if they knew they wouldn't work?

Simple. To try to maintain the illusion that there are fixes for these blowouts other than the only fix that has ever worked, which is the relief well. Why the need to maintain that illusion?
Because if everyone wakes up to the fact that the only really reliable fix for these wells is the relief well, then governments like ours will start requiring them to drill the relief well alongside the primary well.

very damaging to the bottom line.

JMHO!

o'rly.....obama says his administration has been calling the shots from day one....NOT...BP

next

So? Why did BP say the top kill had a 70% chance of working? Where did they get that number when no well has ever been plugged at that depth, in fact, it hasn't even been tried? How do you get a 7 in 10 chance probability with no historical data to work from?

Answer - you pull it out of your ass to establish a narrative that the procedure MIGHT work.

No one disputes that BP's 70% number was baseless? Pulled out of thin air?

Without objection, the motion passes...

Please continue....

I don't know where you read your history...probably on Glen Beck, but you are incorrect.

So here we have Bobby Jindall going on television and crying that the Fed is not saving his state. And yet Bobby Jindall has been governor for a bit of time and never thought, as he sat in his tower in Baton Rouge, hmmmm....just supposing one of those gazillion oil rigs off my coast blows up? What is my plan to protect my state?

Rave, you're a fucking liar. Plain and simple.

obama told us that he has been calling the shots and has been running this from day one....why the fuck are you whining about BP and not obama?

thats right....because obama has a D after his name...much easier to blame someone like bush...

Which department of the US government plugs oil spills? I think I asked that question about a month ago. I don't recall getting an answer.

I think I also predicted that the wingnuts would eventually try to blame the spill on Obama and the Democrats and the left. I appear to be exactly right on that one, although that is hardly a tough call.

what part of:

MY administration has been in charge since day one

the FEDERAL government has been calling the shots...not BP

do you not understand?

i had no doubt left wing nuts like yourself would make any excuses for obama, while you blamed bush for katrina six ways to sunday

:eusa_whistle:

Hi Jim:

'Top kill' fails to stop flow of oil, BP says - CNN.com

Now along with the oil and gas, golf balls, rope, and other assorted junk will be flowing into the Gulf.

My BP Gulf Oil Spill Solution using "Pressure-Sheath Technology" is explained here.

GL,

Terral

"Pressure-Sheath Technology" will not stop or slow the oil but it could divert the oil into tanker ships. The pressure of the well is simply to great to stop, it will just blow-out the next weak spot. Also the pipe is 21" in diameter. That is a whole with 346.36 sq inches of area to block with nearly 30,000 psi pressure pushing out. That contraption would have to hold back 10 million pounds of force.

Last edited:

Please continue....

why don't we lay blame where blame is due?

halliburton did the concrete work that failed causing the wreck.

has sabotage been completely ruled out or is it merely criminal negligence on their part?

also, if they could get down there to put the wellhead in, why can't they get back down there and fix it?

why don't we lay blame where blame is due?

halliburton did the concrete work that failed causing the wreck.

has sabotage been completely ruled out or is it merely criminal negligence on their part?

also, if they could get down there to put the wellhead in, why can't they get back down there and fix it?

Cementing Oil wells is risky & have a high failure rate. This is why there are test & safety procedures along with 2 cement plugs used backed with heavy drilling mud & 5 BOPs. Ignoring well problems revealed by test after first cement plug was stupid. Then removing heavy drilling mud before second plug was in place along with known faulty BOPs was plain ignorant.

The liberal Kool-Aid drinking press blathers on about the half a million acoustic switch BOP other countries require. There are already 5 BOPs in the stack. Adding one more BOP that the crew will not maintain correctly is not the answer. These people did not follow safe drilling procedures. Government regulators did not regulate. Bosses & workers did not follow regulations. They had a dead battery on the BOP dead-man circuit. Leaking hydraulics on the BOPs. Test parts installed into the BOPs. They faked tests & withdrew drill mud from a well that other test revealed had issues.

The blame goes first & foremost on the Union Workers who performed & signed off on every test, check & procedure. I have family who work on jet airliners. The boss is always trying to get them to pencil whip the planes through inspections in order to keep on schedule, make passengers happy & make more money. Bottom line is you say no way & the boss says you’re fired & the union says no he is not. You may have to clean the blue water from aircraft toilets for a while but you still have a job & did not sign off on a death sentence on a plane load of people.

I have also heard that these Union Workers got bonus for speed. The union worker greed is more evil than their boss’s greed. Their CEO & boss’s may get fired & lose everything for lack of profit but these Union Workers will not get fired & their pension is secured. They should have refused to cut all these corners.

you make some very important points that light up all the way across the spectrum of the american military-industrial complex and how it has evolved since the end of world war two.

the union worker v. management responsibility dichotomy is the same in every sector of our industry. look at things like the collapse of the highway bridge in mini-no-place last year and any number of major structures that have collapsed without the help of truckloads of fertilizer or arab terrorists at the controls of jets.

the same difficulties in proper accountability for military atrocities exist. my lai is my favorite example. several somebodies above calley and medina gave orders paving the way for what they did in a chain of command that terminates in the oval office. the misconduct of the soldiers at abu ghraib is another and more current good example. the superior officers who encouraged, if not ordered, that sort of treatment were never touched.

the onus invariably falls on the other end of the chain, and the burden of the cost of repair is borne by common consumer and taxpayer rather than those claiming authority.

Last edited:
BP is working to the limit of their capacity,...

BULLSHIT. How many of their operations outside the Gulf have they shut down to divert employees and other resources here? Hint: ZERO. They don't give a FUCK.

Yes, because leaving other rigs unattended would be totally responsible. Youwant to help? Have the government stop making them report moment to moment their every move. Let them work on the problem, not reports.

Last edited:
'Top kill' fails to stop flow of oil, BP says - CNN.com

Now along with the oil and gas, golf balls, rope, and other assorted junk will be flowing into the Gulf.

Well, its the governement to the rescue? Go Obama, help them becasue this free enterprise, not government help crowd really look dumb here.

And speaking of dumb, didnt Rush say this is no big deal? He actually said this. The ocean would take care of itself.

BP is working to the limit of their capacity,...

BULLSHIT. How many of their operations outside the Gulf have they shut down to divert employees and other resources here? Hint: ZERO. They don't give a FUCK.

Yes, because leaving other rigs unattended would be totally responsible. Youwant to help? Have the government stop making them report moment to moment their every move. Let them work on the problem, not reports.

But of course if they didn't ask for accurate reports, you would complain about that. It is unbelievable you are actually blaming the government for BP's greed and utter idiocy. Wow. No matter what, its Obama's fault. We get it. NO one else's fault. NOt bp, not more regulations, nothing.

Please continue....

This question from you to me is more evidence of your insanity.....no one's blaming Obama for the rig exploding...what Obama's being bamed for is the total lack of response to the ensuing spill, the failure to fast track the sand berms and not doing a goddam thing to mitigate the spill AFTER claiming he was IN CHARGE FROM DAY ONE!!!! He accepted responsibility for this...or are you now having trouble remembering what Obama said.

Forum List

Back