Too much of a good thing??

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
My favorite story of all time. I sincerely hope the movie producers don't crank out sequels simply to pad their bottom line.....

Last edited:
I watched part one, it was quaint. Hardly believable by any means...but nice.

I'm surprised, knowing NETFLIX, that they didn't just go fully monty, and make her black from a southern sharecropper family, who was taught to play by an old ex-slave.

"mmmm Dis here bees da rook...mmm hmmm...dats da queen dare...mmm hmm...sho remind me of yo mama...ha...ha...ha...'cough'"

"LaQueenia's Gambit"

Last edited:
I watched part one, it was quaint. Hardly believable by any means...but nice.

I'm surprised, knowing NETFLIX, that they didn't just go fully monty, and make her black from a southern sharecropper family, who was taught to play by an old ex-slave.

"mmmm Dis here bees da rook...mmm hmmm...dats da queen dare...mmm hmm"

"LaQueenia's Gambit"
Not so, the only way to get better at chess, or anything at that matter, is by doing hard drugs and having lots of sex

So it was totally believable.

I don't have Netflix anymore. . . but it looks like it is based on a true story, so I think they will stay somewhat true to the source material and end it once the material ends. . . wouldn't they?

:dunno:

You can completely trust the media in anything they do or say, unless it is from that Fox News people. Everyone else is completely trustworthy and legit.

I know cuz that is what all the fact checkers online told me was true

You can completely trust the media in anything they do or say, unless it is from that Fox News people. Everyone else is completely trustworthy and legit.

I know cuz that is what all the fact checkers online told me was true
Yeah. . . I noticed reading the critical response in the wiki stub. . . the critics said there wasn't enough sexism and racism portrayed in it.

:heehee:

Yeah. . . I noticed reading the critical response in the wiki stub. . . the critics said there wasn't enough sexism and racism portrayed in it.

:heehee:
Well they made fun of Christians, and they had lots of sex and drugs, so I don't know what else you want from those people

They checked off all the boxes.

Well they made fun of Christians, and they had lots of sex and drugs, so I don't know what else you want from those people

They checked off all the boxes.
"The Washington Post's Monica Hesse considers the miniseries "revisionist history" but also "a wonderful future" in that the heroine's "uncluttered path to success" is "uninterrupted by sexism", and has men "refreshingly" looking out for the main female character, noting that the show "has no women in peril, and no skeezy men".[49] Carina Chocano of The New York Times Magazine also believes that the show again and again foils the audience's expectations: the janitor does not molest her, her adoptive father leaves her alone, and her adoptive mother Alma does not hold her back, a departure Chocano attributes to the "fantasy"-like quality of The Queen's Gambit.[50"

Forum List

Back