Zone1 Too Bad That God Promised No More Great Floods

Well there is evidence of a flood event in the Black Sea. Memories of that could have been passed on.

Too early. The Black Sea breech was a slow moving flood so there was plenty of time to move people and livestock to higher ground. It also corresponds to a sudden spread in agriculture.

Are you saying that the flood of Noah was a historical event?
Yes. There really was something that happened that was extraordinary and so unusual it was noteworthy. That's why almost every major ancient culture has an account of a great flood.

There are at least two known events that could fit the bill. Two asteroids struck the polar region 10,000 to 12,000 years ago in Greenland vaporizing 1,500 to 3,000 gigatons of ice and one asteroid struck the ocean ~6,000 years ago. Either of those events would have disrupted the planet's weather beyond anything that is normal. So yeah, I'm saying something happened. Just like something happened at Exodus. Just not how they tell it.

Yes. There really was something that happened that was extraordinary and so unusual it was noteworthy. That's why almost every major ancient culture has an account of a great flood.

There are at least two known events that could fit the bill. Two asteroids struck the polar region 10,000 to 12,000 years ago in Greenland vaporizing 1,500 to 3,000 gigatons of ice and one asteroid struck the ocean ~6,000 years ago. Either of those events would have disrupted the planet's weather beyond anything that is normal. So yeah, I'm saying something happened. Just like something happened at Exodus. Just not how they tell it.
The Euphrates river Basin flooded fairly often. .. that's what built up the delta south of Basra. The flood footprint is 150 miles wide and 250 miles to the south. Caused by spring snow melt from the Zagros mountains and heavy spring rains.

The Euphrates river Basin flooded fairly often. .. that's what built up the delta south of Basra. The flood footprint is 150 miles wide and 250 miles to the south. Caused by spring snow melt from the Zagros mountains and heavy spring rains.
Which is why that account wasn't about that.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

So, you somehow think that God isn't disciplinary?

Er you're pining for an Extinction Level Event? You need to tell your doc that your meds aren't working.

Umm Noah and his family were saved oh and WinterBorn not completely sure why they were the only good people to, but I'm guessing it's because there weren't as many people in the world then.

You may be right but once we stop reading the Bible literally we really have no sure idea what it is saying about historical events. On the other hand speculating is always fun.

If God even exists he's the worst absentee dad ever.
But you don't have perfect knowledge. Not even close. But rather than argue that point... sure, you want to blame God for everything that's bad? Go ahead. But shouldn't you then be giving God credit for everything that's good?

You may be right but once we stop reading the Bible literally we really have no sure idea what it is saying about historical events. On the other hand speculating is always fun.
Well... work is required. There's no getting around that. But it was well worth it for me.

It all starts with understanding the literary type being employed by the author and the intent of the author, and there are several different types and intents. There's really nothing like it... if one can be objective.

Umm Noah and his family were saved oh and WinterBorn not completely sure why they were the only good people to, but I'm guessing it's because there weren't as many people in the world then.

no, non intervention -

the spiritual mythology granted a&e for remission to paradise from the beginning was culminating in the wrong direction and the heavens decided to give humanity a second chance ...

which worked till being reversed again by the crucifixion of jesus and those events in the 1st century of liberation theology, self determination as the future guide for human prosperity were discarded by the crucifiers for their own madeup religion of christianity.

Which is why that account wasn't about that.

Well, in that story the king of Sumer was hauling beer, livestock and grain to sell downriver on barges which broke loose and ended up in Bahrain. It's a great story. I can see why the Jews adapted it. These are memorable teaching narratives about redemption.

I am telling you the accurate fact of the matter. Pangea was long split up before the most primitive of humans came along.

And there were animals on those continents.

Millions of years earlier. Are these nincompoops trying to tie Pangaea to Noah's flood?

Did you look at the population increase in the years between Noah's flood and the tower of Babel? Women must have been having litters of children every year.

Too many people believe it is an actual, historical account. Of course, that involves ignoring some facts we now know.
Was there a flood?

Most likely in that region but did it cover the entire planet?

Very doubtful...

The story of the Flood is older than dirt and people in those days thought the Earth was Flat and the Sun and Moon were Gods, so the people of that region might have believed all of humanity had ended while not knowing that there were other civilizations around the World.

As for a massive flood of Biblical Size, ain't happening.

Well, in that story the king of Sumer was hauling beer, livestock and grain to sell downriver on barges which broke loose and ended up in Bahrain. It's a great story. I can see why the Jews adapted it. These are memorable teaching narratives about redemption.
They didn't. That's ridiculous.

Forum List

Back