Zone1 Too Bad That God Promised No More Great Floods

As you said, I was a prodigy, nevertheless my decision back then has stood the test of time and all the knowledge I've gained since has only served to demonstrate to me that I was correct all those years ago.
Ummm... no. It hasn't. Your argument that unless there is only one religion that everyone followed is so ridiculous that you should be embarrassed for repeating it. Seriously, it's the dumbest argument ever.

What proof do you have? All you have are arguments against proof.

They are in your heart. This is why you will have no excuse for your sins, and for your rebellion against God, and neither will you have an excuse for rejecting the gift of salvation.

If you are found unredeemable and unforgiven on the day of judgment you get cast away from God's kingdom and are turned over to the gods you served, Satan and his angels in Hell, who do not rule Hell but are imprisoned there. You will be eternally separated from God, and none in Heaven nor in the New Earth will remember your name, nor will they have any thought or memory of you. But you will remember every foolish thing you did, every sin, every wicked deed and every regret forever and ever, and when you cry out to God, He will not hear you.
... don't lie now, just show what you use for your - phony - 10 commandments.

the prophecy came true ...

* no, they are written in the desert books - what is their source ... you know, was it kill or murder, tell all christian.

The circular reasoning was all yours. I began my study by studying the only tangible evidence we have... the creation and evolution of space and time and a realistic perception of an incorporeal creator which is eternal and unchanging. You have done neither. Instead you created a circular argument and then called it a day. I spent the next 26 years testing and challenging my beliefs.

Sounds very logical and rational. I don't believe you ever said how you made the leap from a realistic perception of an incorporeal creator which is eternal and unchanging to Jesus and Christianity. Care to share?

Sure but why would that matter to you?

Because I don't see how it is possible unless you began with an answer and worked backwards from there. Exactly as you said you did not do.
You can't see how it was possible because I haven't addressed that yet. I'm waiting for you to explain to me why that matters to you and what difference that makes.

Ahh, so you completely ignored prophecy especially all of the Old Testament Prophecies fulfilled by Jesus and the few prophecies left to come, probably went right over your head, especially, I doubt you understand Daniel's 70 Weeks Prophecy, nor understand The Book of Revelation.

It's not a book you can read casually. It's not a history book either.
I think the stories that Jesus fulfilled the Jewish prophesies were theology, not history. There is plenty of evidence to support that view.

Who would commit to something before they believed in it?
Think of all the things you believed you could do before you actually did it: Swimming, reading, riding a bike, etc. Almost everything we do in life we commit to on the basis of faith that we can do it.

Why is seeking God such a different commitment from seeking out any other experience?

As you said, I was a prodigy, nevertheless my decision back then has stood the test of time and all the knowledge I've gained since has only served to demonstrate to me that I was correct all those years ago.
When did you become ordinary?

Of course but in my case, I have no faith so I only accept evidence I can see as truth.
Then you are one who restricts oneself to physical evidence. That is the boundary you accept, and there is no need to go beyond. You choose to be a settler rather than an explorer or a pioneer. Okay, just wondering.

How is that relevant to the point I was addressing? You were arguing that I was saying that God doesn't care about religion since they are all essentially the same and equally valid. Right?
I said "Every religion makes claims, why believe one an not others?" It is relevant since, as I recall, you stated only one religion makes the claim to be a revealed religion and I don't see that claim as any different from the claims of other religions.

My saying major religions are more similar than dissimilar doesn't mean that I believe that God doesn't care about religion are that they are equally valid. My saying major religions are more similar than dissimilar was a rebuttal to your argument that unless there is one religion that everyone follows there can be no God. That might be the dumbest argument ever. That's like saying that unless everyone loves the same way there can be no love. The reality is that major religions being more similar than dissimilar proves there is a God. Our perceptions and ways of worshiping God are slightly different but not diametrically opposite.
Most Christians believe that scripture is the revealed word of God. Most Muslims believe the Koran is the revealed word of God. Are they both right, both wrong, or only one is right?

I believe the spirit of God is in everyone. Even you. Which is probably why you recoil at the thought that you are just matter.
I don't 'recoil', I accept the reality that we are just matter. It doesn't change my life except I have no expectation of immortality. I doubt I'd be a better or a worse person no matter what I believed.

Then you are one who restricts oneself to physical evidence. That is the boundary you accept, and there is no need to go beyond. You choose to be a settler rather than an explorer or a pioneer. Okay, just wondering.
I prefer to think of myself as an accepter of the way things are as opposed to a wisher of how thing should be.

Of course you question their beliefs. It's disingenuous of you to say otherwise. You don't just question their beliefs, you show contempt for their beliefs. You ridicule their beliefs. You believe you are their intellectual superior.

If I believed a lie would I want to know about it? You are believing a lie and you don't want to know about it. That's why you reject every single argument for the existence of God. But to answer your question I am always seeking the truth because God is truth. Anyone who worships God worships God in spirit and truth. My relationship with the Trinity is predicated upon being objective. It is only when I am being objective that I tap into their power. So yeah, I want to know what the truth is at all times.

I couldn't care less what others believed. Their beliefs don't affect me at all. Regardless of what their beliefs are my belief is that the spirit of God is in everyone and that God is pruning everyone. In your case, you shouldn't care less what others believe too. It doesn't affect you at all. Regardless of what their beliefs are your belief is that the life of an individual and society in general does not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs and animal impulses. That love is just an electrochemical reaction in the brain. And when they die that's it. Fade to black.
I've never tried to prove or disprove God or anything supernatural. You want to believe in God or ghosts or aliens, go for it. However, when you cite erroneous information, historical, scientific, etc., I'll feel free to offer my views on the subject. You're welcome ignore me, and I suspect some already do.

Ummm... no. It hasn't. Your argument that unless there is only one religion that everyone followed is so ridiculous that you should be embarrassed for repeating it. Seriously, it's the dumbest argument ever.

What proof do you have? All you have are arguments against proof.
Proof of my opinion? Not one of us has that.

Does Christianity teach that the only way to the Father is through Jesus? Is that true? Seems unfair to the millions born and raised in non-Christian countries who never learn about Jesus.

I prefer to think of myself as an accepter of the way things are as opposed to a wisher of how thing should be.
One who accepts is one who settles--a settler, not an explorer. Nothing wrong with finding what one would go exploring for (if necessary) in lack of belief.

Who and when was the primary (first human) source of these morals?
That is like asking which came firs the chicken or the egg. Man has always had morals, just not the same morals. Morality, like everything else, evolves. My morals are not exactly those of my parents or my kids.

One who accepts is one who settles--a settler, not an explorer. Nothing wrong with finding what one would go exploring for (if necessary) in lack of belief.
People are wonderous explorers. We look for God, we find God. We look for UFO, we find UFOs.

Forum List

Back