Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No, it's not natural

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Not sure/don't know

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
If it's learned, over centuries will it actually become hardwired?

obviously fucking not

I don't think that's the way it works. Evolution and DNA seem to be a little bit like "natural" computer program. Heck..if you look at DNA strands..they look like computer code.

But then again..it's a very human way of understanding it..so our mapping may be all wrong.

But at this point, it seems much like physical attributes, behavior can be traced to DNA.

listen up ....society has forced this unnatural state on people since men figured out how babies are made....before then no one cared...so lets see ....even the good christian believe this world is what...4 thousand years old...so we have had what...3 thousand years of this ....and its still not hardwired....

please name a social norm that has become hard wired?

listen up ....society has forced this unnatural state on people since men figured out how babies are made....before then no one cared...so lets see ....even the good christian believe this world is what...4 thousand years old...so we have had what...3 thousand years of this ....and its still not hardwired....

please name a social norm that has become hard wired?

None.

If managomy was natural we wouldn't have such high divorce rates soaring through the roof, and people wouldn't feel the need to slut around like they do in college.

The reason we have such high divorce rates is because people generally have quite unrealistic expectations of marriage. And when they don't get the 'Made for TV' version of marriage, they walk.

If managomy was natural we wouldn't have such high divorce rates soaring through the roof, and people wouldn't feel the need to slut around like they do in college.

The reason we have such high divorce rates is because people generally have quite unrealistic expectations of marriage. And when they don't get the 'Made for TV' version of marriage, they walk.

You pretty much nailed it, especially for us here in the US.

Today I say until death do us part.

Unless other things beyond change the dynamics that have lasted for 41 years...

I can't speak to the future. But the past and the present have been pretty good. We were in the forces together, that's where we met, fell in love and intertwined.

ourssl.jpg

I can't speak to the future. But the past and the present have been pretty good. We were in the forces together, that's where we met, fell in love and intertwined.

ourssl.jpg
There ya go! A rock-solid 41 years! :) A belated happy anniversary to you and Mrs. Ropey! We're at 39 so far. Isn't life positively grand when you find the right one!

No. Marriage is not meant to be till death do we part.

It's supposed to last beyond death for all time and Eternity.

We shouldn't let selfishness, pride, fear, or lust keep us away from our relationsihps.

I do agree that we have soul mates. They are the person we choose to be with.

ourssl.jpg
There ya go! A rock-solid 41 years! :) A belated happy anniversary to you and Mrs. Ropey! We're at 39 so far. Isn't life positively grand when you find the right one!

Thank you freedombecki. She became the right one. It kind of started when she helped stem the flow of blood. :razz: Then after I healed I had to deal with all the others who were wanting to be there. Thankfully my music and writing helped. I doubt if I would be in this place of my life had that not been part of me.

39? Congratulations indeed. Most excellent. Maybe that's why we can connect so well. Long marriages, and we are likely older than many others.

Forum List

Back