Today, We Remember the Women Who Liberated Yugoslavia From Fascism 80 years ago

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Faced with deepening social hardships — and the awakening of both old and new reactionary, right-wing, and fascist tendencies — we have to pose the question: Who is going to fight them? The answer must be clear and unapologetic. The responsibility for resistance will have to fall on all those united by their interest in protecting the oppressed and the exploited, today as yesterday.

Wonderful article ... I didn't know about this ... thank you ...

Interesting take on Fascism, not sure I agree ... Mussolini simply executed anyone who disagreed ... including the entirety of the National Railroad bureaucracy; as a warning to the new private railroad company ... "fix the problems or die" ...

Capitalism works in the USA because of Free Speech ... the finest doctor in town can't stop me from calling him a quack ... in public ... 4x8 sheet of plywood and 20 inch letters ... try that in Cuba and you'll pay a steep price ...

There are communities in the United States where garbage collection is quite profitable ... including the expense of being environmentally friendly ... and as long as all the garbage haulers abide by the rules in place, there's healthy competition ... We the People choose who hauls off of garbage so ... in the end ... garbage collectors are really nice and workable and everyone is happy ... the only philosophical question is this "government service by private companies" ... does Facsism allow active competitive and (relatively) free markets? ... like here in the USA, rather than in 1930's Italy and Germany where the government service contracts were all given to political favorites ... because that's a different kind of problem, perhaps inherent in Fascist systems, but not in the larger sense of capitalism ...

Forum List

Back