Tobacco versus marijuana

For me, it is absolutely ridiculous to ban a FLOWER that grows in a ditch.

You mean this one?

41OL1PyKELL.jpg
Lol thats almost a cliche at this point.
Comparing a man made drug to pot is preposterous

I am really confused how the same liberals who want marijuana to become legalized also want tobacco to be regulated, taxed, and sued into oblivion. What's up with that?

MJ enforcement costs millions, legalized it crests a cost-benefit; tobacco costs billions, its placement as a schedule I drug would save billions once a generation has lived tobacco free.

Vaping will replace nicotine delivery naturally over time, with smoking being the equivalent of the once and a while joint with pot smoking.

A lot of people using pot vape as well to avoid combustion products.

Nicotine itself is in no way deserving of Schedule I.

I am really confused how the same liberals who want marijuana to become legalized also want tobacco to be regulated, taxed, and sued into oblivion. What's up with that?

MJ enforcement costs millions, legalized it crests a cost-benefit; tobacco costs billions, its placement as a schedule I drug would save billions once a generation has lived tobacco free.

You started out with a reasonable argument, but you went full retard by contradicting yourself. If tobacco was outlawed its enforcement would just cause the same problems you're complaining about with marijuana enforcement.

Weed has medicinal properties. All tobacco does is kill.

Nicotine has medicinal qualities as well. It is a stimulant. The issue is when combusted you get more downsides when used as opposed to caffeine, but vaping eliminates that.
The addiction and negative health influences of nicotine outweigh any possible medical benefit.

Corporations make big money from tobacco ergo libbies hate tobacco
When corporations make big money from weed the libbies will hate weed

The appeal of weed is that it has been illegal for so long that even now when people smoke it legally they think they are being rebels and sticking it t the man
Then in the next breathe you will condemn a libbie that runs FaceBook and is worth billions and claim he is a liberal that hates free speech...How rich of you to inform us of your one horse trick...
he is far from a liberal but he does seem to hate different opinions.
I think his oatmeal is grits..
Actually my grits are polenta

So that means you use yellow stone ground cornmeal instead of hominy, right?

Yes

Nicotine has medicinal qualities as well. It is a stimulant. The issue is when combusted you get more downsides when used as opposed to caffeine, but vaping eliminates that.

"The CDC says 50 to 60 milligrams of nicotine is a deadly dose for an adult who weighs about 150 pounds. But some research suggests a lethal amount may be a lot higher."
Nicotine Poisoning: Can You Overdose?

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz

The addiction and negative health influences of nicotine outweigh any possible medical benefit.

No, the negative aspects of the combustion products is the issue, not nicotine. and a better delivery system was invented, vaping.

Which ironically came from the pot industry.

Wow, that's a really stupid argument. Recreational use of marijuana should be decriminalized because there are medical applications for it? In that case, we should decriminalize recreational use of opiates.

By the way, there are medical uses for nicotine too.

Nicotine as Therapy

Both create problems for society. I am not for banning either.

Those "problems" are not equal. That is why one is already banned. Why bother to change that? What positive thing is accomplished?
I know many people who have replaced alcohol with weed. I believe alcohol is far more harmful and dangerous than weed. I am also convinced that weed has medicinal benefits. Finally, I do not believe it is anyone's job to decide on which natural drugs should be available.

Wow, that's a really stupid argument. Recreational use of marijuana should be decriminalized because there are medical applications for it? In that case, we should decriminalize recreational use of opiates.

By the way, there are medical uses for nicotine too.

Nicotine as Therapy
Recreational use of weed should be legalized. Which has nothing to do with what we were talking about, but since you brought it up...

Really? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, do you? What negative health influences exist in the use of therapeutic nicotine? What method do you use to quantify those "influences"? How are they worse than therapeutic use of opiods?

No, the negative aspects of the combustion products is the issue, not nicotine. and a better delivery system was invented, vaping.

Which ironically came from the pot industry.
If you do it right, it is safer. Buy the non flavored liquids. Dont smoke at a high heat as that release some crazy chemical.. cant remember what its called..

Really? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, do you? What negative health influences exist in the use of therapeutic nicotine? What method do you use to quantify those "influences"? How are they worse than therapeutic use of opiods?
"i dont like what you are doing so lets ban it"
I didnt think you were a regressive...

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz
If you want to smoke weed go ahead. Cigarettes go ahead. Coke snort away. It's all good

Well, I suppose there's an argument for that. But will we feel the same when the streets are littered with piled bodies of meth, dope, and crack heads on every corner openly shitcanned? Will the public want action when the ODs start racking up a body count that reminds us of the dead collections from the black plague?

Marijuana or other drugs being illegal is a first world problem at best. If it's really any kind of offense against our freedom, it's the very slightest and of lowest concern. It just doesn't make any sense to be so highly motivated over the issue, unless one is desperately addicted already.
The so called war on drugs has been an abject failure

To think that all of a sudden the number of addicts will rise exponentially if drugs are legal is pretty far fetched. Everyone who wants to do drugs is doing them now.

In fact real world numbers in places that have legalized possession of all drugs tells us differently

Portugal’s Example: What Happened After It Decriminalized All Drugs, From Weed to Heroin | VICE News

Forum List

Back