To the NBA, NFL, MLB walking out / canceling games

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
NBA and MLB canceling games and the NFL canceling practice out of protests for social justice. Here’s a thought: walk out for good. Walk out for the season. Give up your salary. Take a pay cut. Put some real skin in the game.
Fans have gone months without pro sports. Fans cannot attend pro sports in person. What is walking out expecting to continue getting paid millions going to do? The Leagues have provided you players plenty of license to express yourself. Fans can live without sports. Don’t push it.

NBA and MLB canceling games and the NFL canceling practice out of protests for social justice. Here’s a thought: walk out for good. Walk out for the season. Give up your salary. Take a pay cut. Put some real skin in the game.
Fans have gone months without pro sports. Fans cannot attend pro sports in person. What is walking out expecting to continue getting paid millions going to do? The Leagues have provided you players plenty of license to express yourself. Fans can live without sports. Don’t push it.
Snowflake, get a hobby if you're so mad at your athletes

Isn't this rather self wounding? I am gonna stop imaginary racism so much, I will go bankrupt? What racism are they fighting? Jacob Blake, excuse me/ George Floydd? Neither are poster boys of black cultural virtue, who is fooling who here? I'm not going to watch any more black dominated sport unless they let left handed albino lesbian midget eskimos in the NBA or NFL. Sorry, that's my bottom line. Ya know, Albino midget left handed eskimo lesbian lives matter.

Last edited:
I have noticed professional athletes protest and do this dumb shit, but they never have any real skin in the game. I agree with the OP, cancel a whole season and lose a paycheck. Let’s see you do something for real. What does canceling a game no fans could attend anyway do?

Snowflake, get a hobby if you're so mad at your athletes

Mad? Who’s mad? I’m giving the sound business advice. They need to keep playing since fans are already removed from the game and have lived without the game for months. Further, they look full of shit walking out a d expecting to get paid. I suggested they put some skin in the game and do it with substance by not getting paid.

Here’s an alternative. If you believe that strongly as an individual about a social or cultural issue and want to make a statement by sitting out, do so and give up your paycheck fo the duration. Next man up. Let someone else play in your spot. You may be a hall of famer while your replacement may be a no-name but the team and the Game are bigger than you. Hell, go sign a contract with Nike. They’ll pay you to hawk their $125 sneakers they are paying $0.50 a pair to oppressed children in the Far East to manufacture.

It seems sports are the only way that any black message can penetrate the bubble conservative America has built around themselves. Oh well, there's always rodeo and hockey.

If not playing one game saves black lives, does that mean playing games costs black lives? Sounds like all professional black athletes should be quitting and never playing again.

It seems sports are the only way that any black message can penetrate the bubble conservative America has built around themselves. Oh well, there's always rodeo and hockey.

You really believe that?

Money talks and bullshit walks.
You have no money and are full of bullshit. If that weren't true, you wouldn't be so butthurt about the NBA.

You keep mistaking me for being mad and hurt. I could care less about the NBA. I prefer college basketball and college football. Who needs spectator sports? The pandemic showed us we can live without them. Spectator sports needs US; not the other way around.

Perhaps you need to come up with an actual message, and coherent argument. Screaming slogans and attacking anyone who doesn’t raise their fist with their special Nazi like salute.

Perhaps you need to come up with an actual message, and coherent argument. Screaming slogans and attacking anyone who doesn’t raise their fist with their special Nazi like salute.
If that's all you see then it proves my point. The only black people conservatives have any respect for are athletes, the rest get ignored unless they get uppity.

If that's all you see then it proves my point. The only black people conservatives have any respect for are athletes, the rest get ignored unless they get uppity.

Condoleeza Rice, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Tim Scott, Thomas Sewell, Walter Williams, Candice Owens, Booker T. Washington, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Harriet Tubman.... earned my respect as strong, resilient, free-thinking Americans; past and present. All and many more have earned my respect without carrying a football ( though I would like to see Condoleeza Rice carry a football by carrying the NFL as commissioner).

Condoleeza Rice, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Tim Scott, Thomas Sewell, Walter Williams, Candice Owens, Booker T. Washington, Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Harriet Tubman.... earned my respect as strong, resilient, free-thinking Americans; past and present. All and many more have earned my respect without carrying a football ( though I would like to see Condoleeza Rice carry a football by carrying the NFL as commissioner).
Some of those people are worthy of respect, the rest never challenged your idea of what the social order should be.

Some of those people are worthy of respect, the rest never challenged your idea of what the social order should be.

Who in your mind is worthy of challenges big minds as to what the “social order” should be? Here is the social order I adhere to: Life, Liberty, and the free pursuit of economic opportunity.

Forum List

Back