To reduce impact of hate speech, should we pass a 25 dollar tax on all books, and a penny a page too

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Since the left is creating so much hate speech, does it make sense to off set the cost of this hate speech by passing a tax...and using that money to deal with the effects of hate speech? How about a 25 dollar tax on all books plus a 1 cent tax on every page....I think that would help us deal with hate speech...to be applied to all books, pamphlets and the pages of speeches....both on paper and digital.....

Right? No problem with this tax...right?

Since the left is creating so much hate speech, does it make sense to off set the cost of this hate speech by passing a tax...and using that money to deal with the effects of hate speech? How about a 25 dollar tax on all books plus a 1 cent tax on every page....I think that would help us deal with hate speech...to be applied to all books, pamphlets and the pages of speeches....both on paper and digital.....

Right? No problem with this tax...right?

Sure why not...

To repeat, why is a trolling thread in the cdz? The question cannot be taken seriously given right wing history.

And it continues for the right here: AltRight.com

"Conservatives thrive on a world filled with mysterious evil and unfathomable hatreds, where good is always on the defensive and time is a precious commodity in the cosmic race against corruption and decline." Corey Robin 'The Reactionary Mind'

I think 2aguy and I solved this problem in another thread about the statues. If I recall (and correct me if needed, I am not the best with names) we decided instead of tearing down statues of Confederste heroes it would be better to put up ones of Rosa Parks stomping the stars and bars of slavery twice as large right next to them.

What would be similar for books advocating hate speech or Nazism or whatever? Place them on a shelf under a picture of Jews starving at Treblinka? If I owned a bookstore which wasn' out of business I could put them in a box which opened after a 3 min delay during which the retna ID lock had to maintain contact with any retna while a tv right next to id played videos of the worst horrors hate speech has caused.

Forum List

Back