Tlaib and Omar Co-sponsor Bill to Recognize Muslim Holidays as Federal Holidays

PS-----if muslims DEMAND -----no pork in school and prison lunch-----KEEP IN MIND----
Hindus do not eat beef ------and Jains eat ----well-----"god" only knows what they eat-----
the list of prohibitions would include potato chips. --------I think they can eat strawberries---
if gathered carefully so as not to disturb the worms in the ground. The good news is that
Sikhs----(as far as I know) eat just about anything. Parsi food seems ok to me

th

When are the Native Americans going to have a few federally recognized holidays or are they not worthy of recognition by the esteemed progressives who scream for diversity?

*****SMILE*****

:)

fellow cyber buddies------my advice------when entertaining the average hindu------stick to
chicken and lamb-----(that's "average"------some of the dietary restrictions------expand to
all sorts of putative foods----but beef is a kind of INSULT)

I support the recognition of Indian (both native and southeast Asian----HOLIDAYS)

PS----based on its history of genocide--------I do not support the muslim community demand
for celebration of ---ITS HOLIDAYS

Please be advised-----culinarily-----<<<< (not sure it is part of the lexicon) there is no way of
pleasing ANY Iranian (be it Zoroastrian, Jew, muslim)--------do not try-----just GIVE UP

Five days? There is one Christian holiday on the calendar.

Do they plan on decapitating those who don't fast during Ramadan or will chopping off hands suffice? How about September 11 as a Muslim holiday?

Freshman Congressmen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib have wasted no time in shaking up the US House of Representatives. Early Friday morning, Omar and Tlaib introduced a bill adding Islamic holidays to the Federal calendar which has traditionally only recognized American holidays.

Omar and Tlaib’s bill would add Eid Al-Fitr at the end of Ramadan and the four-day-long celebration of Eid Al-Adha to the list of Federally recognized holidays, potentially granting reasons to banks, schools, and other businesses to remain closed for five additional days per year.

Omar and Tlaib justified their work as making America more inclusive of it’s Muslim-American population and moving us further away from our history as a primarily Christian nation. The women are also considering a last minute addition to their bill that would allow for regular Salah time breaks for school children and workers as well as a designated area in each public business where Muslims could perform Salah, the five daily prayers plus the Friday prayer, unmolested...

(Excerpt) Read more at sorightithurts.com ...
Which one is just the one Christian holiday?

Christmas------I support EASTER----I do not like candy-canes------but LOVE CHOCOLATE
EASTER BUNNIES
You wil kill the Christians...

Do they plan on decapitating those who don't fast during Ramadan or will chopping off hands suffice? How about September 11 as a Muslim holiday?

Freshman Congressmen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib have wasted no time in shaking up the US House of Representatives. Early Friday morning, Omar and Tlaib introduced a bill adding Islamic holidays to the Federal calendar which has traditionally only recognized American holidays.

Omar and Tlaib’s bill would add Eid Al-Fitr at the end of Ramadan and the four-day-long celebration of Eid Al-Adha to the list of Federally recognized holidays, potentially granting reasons to banks, schools, and other businesses to remain closed for five additional days per year.

Omar and Tlaib justified their work as making America more inclusive of it’s Muslim-American population and moving us further away from our history as a primarily Christian nation. The women are also considering a last minute addition to their bill that would allow for regular Salah time breaks for school children and workers as well as a designated area in each public business where Muslims could perform Salah, the five daily prayers plus the Friday prayer, unmolested...

Eid-Al-Fitr isn't a fast ... it's a feast that celebrates the end of the fast.

And a a very colorful holiday...

Sindhi-makeup-ideas-for-eid-party.jpg

oh-----I like that idea------muslims CLAIM that they invite everyone------every year I visit the muslim
enclaves in my city and ------AM NEVER INVITED TO PARTAKE

I should add------when I shop in the hindu stores------I get freebee special sweet treats------for the hindu
holidays-------WHATEVAH THEY ARE

oh-----I like that idea------muslims CLAIM that they invite everyone------every year I visit the muslim

I have participated in quite a few Eid celebrations, having lived in places where they are popular.

Great food, pretty dresses.

Not as much fun as Purim with the Hasidim, but still a great party.

I have participated in quite a few Eid celebrations, having lived in places where they are popular.

Oh------I cannot imagine why I have never been invited. I have been invited even to mosques----
but that was long ago

Oh------I cannot imagine why I have never been invited. I have been invited even to mosques----
but that was long ago
Maybe you wear the wrong clothes?

They are allowed to propose anything they want

what do muslim holidays have to do with american history? hell MLK doesn't even have a "real" holiday so until we finish properly recognizing our own history in such a fashion, no other holidays should be permitted.

if they want to take the day off, feel free.

They are allowed to propose anything they want
qoyo8F2.jpg

Month 1 = islamic holidays
Month 6 = child marriage
Year 1 = stoning women to death for getting raped
Month 18 = no more toilet paper

Forum List

Back