Title IX pays off

And all it cost was the athletic careers of thousands of men.
An athletic career is an athletic career regardless of sex

Having athletic scholarships exclusively for men was discriminatory.

<sob>. Men don’t get all the scholarships anymore
Not FAIR
Not FAIR
Not FAIR

So there was no harm done to the men who's teams were cut to allow a balance based on enrollment, not need?

Why can't progressives admit some of their policies harm people while helping others?

They could participate at the club level, just like women were to do before Title IX

My School didn't keep club levels for wrestling and volleyball. They just cut the teams totally.

So was there harm done to these men or not?

Answer the question.
Go to a school that has men’s wrestling and volleyball

Ending a situation where only men can get athletic scholarships does not make me feel sorry for the men

How? Schools were dropping these programs at the same time. It was systemic.

They could have taken demand into account when they did Title X, they chose the easy way out.

And typical progressive mindset. Hurting people is OK if it's people I don't like.

Not for male athletes sacrificed in the process.

Ending, finally, male privilege (or rather one tiny aspect thereof) amounts to "male athletes sacrificed". Sacrificed, no less.

Really, does any of you whiny, over-entitled bitches even have the most minuscule capacity for shame?

So no men's athletic careers were harmed when men's teams were cut to satisfy Title IX?

Why can't your side admit to needing to break a few eggs to make an omelette?

Poor, poor me.....

Men used to have almost exclusive access to athletic scholarships......now they have to share

Typical, people today have to suffer for the sins of the past.

It would be a proper response from you to admit that some people have to get screwed to get your "social justice"

But you can't even do that.

Progressivism. Fucking over innocent people today to punish guilty dead people.

That was not the question. The question was "why cut men's sports for the sake of women''s sports that can't field a full team because not enough female students are interested?"

Women's sports are great. Cutting men's sports for a political quota is not.

It was about equality of opportunity, funding, equipment and access to practice facilities

Title IX was mocked.......Today it is paying off

Yes, it really paid off for all those male wrestlers and male volleyball players who's teams got cut to meet the quotas.

Be happy for something, but don't ignore the consequences.
It was the schools decision
They could have just increased funding of women’s programs

As it was, women’s sports has received more funding, better training, better facilities

It is paying dividends

I have to throw a flag on that one. You've said multiple times that the schools "could have just increased funding of women's programs". Think it through a little more carefully and I think you'll grasp that to which I am objecting.
They could have increased funding

Instead, they just evenly distributed scholarships

Typical progressive mindset.

1. Throw more money at the problem!
2. Where do we get the Money?
3. ?????, Why aren't you throwing more money at the problem?

I have to throw a flag on that one. You've said multiple times that the schools "could have just increased funding of women's programs". Think it through a little more carefully and I think you'll grasp that to which I am objecting.
They could have increased funding

Instead, they just evenly distributed scholarships

Again, "they could have increased funding". From where would this funding come?
Like all athletic funding, it would have come from academics

Think about what you're advocating. You are in essence saying that girls' sports should have been a higher priority than the education of the students.

Is that accurate?
Merely commenting on the priorities of our society

A society that prioritized academics would have no athletic scholarships

Which would also hurt women athletes....

Getting dizzy yet?

bf338567c03d9b5d2e91e807355180b7 (1).jpg

So no men's athletic careers were harmed when men's teams were cut to satisfy Title IX?

Because nothing's broken, Marty. Someone who shouldn't have had it, had a good ride. Hope he enjoyed it while it lasted. There is never any harm done to anyone because an unearned, unjust privilege was removed.

Really, why is it that conservatives almost invariably choose the side of the privileged haves, and are inconsolable because of their "loss"? So much so that those who have been sidelined, excluded, short-changed, and denied their fair share for centuries, don't even show up in your deliberations? On the occasion of a wedding you'd bemoan Lord Pifflegoof's ruined night because just recently the jus primae noctis was abolished.

When Title IX, giving women parity in sports funding was passed....There was outrage

Why fund women’s sports?

Today, our women’s Soccer Team won the World Cup for the fourth time. Our men cant even qualify

US women dominate in Basketball, Gymnastics, Skiing, Ice Skating, Soccer,Track and Field

All because of Title IX
Um no

You seem to forget that there were women in sports before the government did anything

American women were winning gold medals decades before the government ever got involved
And there was a huge discrepancy in the number of scholarships, training facilities, equipment and coaching available to women

Title IX fixed that

I doubt that.

What you don't realize is that people who aspire to be great at anything do it whether or not the government gets involved.
giving out scholarships for athletics is beyond stupid
Complete nonsense

Nobody becomes a great athlete playing basketball in their driveway
Becoming a world class competitor takes training, facilities and coaching
Those things cost money
And those things do not have to be provided by the government

The way you paint it is that there were no great athletes before the government stepped in and that is pure bullshit

Because nothing's broken, Marty. Someone who shouldn't have had it, had a good ride. Hope he enjoyed it while it lasted. There is never any harm done to anyone because an unearned, unjust privilege was removed.

Really, why is it that conservatives almost invariably choose the side of the privileged haves, and are inconsolable because of their "loss"? So much so that those who have been sidelined, excluded, short-changed, and denied their fair share for centuries, don't even show up in your deliberations? On the occasion of a wedding you'd bemoan Lord Pifflegoof's ruined night because just recently the jus primae noctis was abolished.

A guy at a Div II wrestling program is "privileged" then?

The idea behind Title IX was laudable, the mechanics used were unnecessarily vindictive and used a metric (enrollment) that forced schools to shutter wanted programs and recruit like mad to create programs the student body didn't ask for.

Someone gets recruited for a wrestling team, gets a scholarship, and then is told he is cut because the school has to recruit like mad to create a women's team no one asked for.

But hey, you get to screw over some cis, probably white hetero male, so that makes you whip it out and wank on it.

An athletic career is an athletic career regardless of sex

Having athletic scholarships exclusively for men was discriminatory.

<sob>. Men don’t get all the scholarships anymore
Not FAIR
Not FAIR
Not FAIR

So there was no harm done to the men who's teams were cut to allow a balance based on enrollment, not need?

Why can't progressives admit some of their policies harm people while helping others?

They could participate at the club level, just like women were to do before Title IX

My School didn't keep club levels for wrestling and volleyball. They just cut the teams totally.

Answer the question.

Ending a situation where only men can get athletic scholarships does not make me feel sorry for the men

They could have taken demand into account when they did Title X, they chose the easy way out.

And typical progressive mindset. Hurting people is OK if it's people I don't like.

Wah!
Men don’t get all the scholarships anymore
Not fair

When Title IX, giving women parity in sports funding was passed....There was outrage

Why fund women’s sports?

Today, our women’s Soccer Team won the World Cup for the fourth time. Our men cant even qualify

US women dominate in Basketball, Gymnastics, Skiing, Ice Skating, Soccer,Track and Field

All because of Title IX
Um no

You seem to forget that there were women in sports before the government did anything

American women were winning gold medals decades before the government ever got involved
And there was a huge discrepancy in the number of scholarships, training facilities, equipment and coaching available to women

Title IX fixed that

I doubt that.

What you don't realize is that people who aspire to be great at anything do it whether or not the government gets involved.
Complete nonsense

Those things cost money

The way you paint it is that there were no great athletes before the government stepped in and that is pure bullshit

College is the primary means of developing athletes

Um no

Title IX fixed that

I doubt that.

Complete nonsense

Those things cost money

Then let the colleges pay for it and keep the fucking government out of it

Title IX fixed that

I doubt that.

Complete nonsense

Those things cost money

Then let the colleges pay for it and keep the fucking government out of it
They do pay for it
Government just ensures there is not discrimination as there was in the past in terms of access to athletic scholarships and facilities

Really, why is it that conservatives almost invariably choose the side of the privileged haves, and are inconsolable because of their "loss"? ....

It is deliberately dishonest that you keep avoiding, ignoring, and denying what I have told you many times about students who under any other circumstances you would weep about being among the "oppressed have nots" being harmed by this ill-considered policy. Until you can admit that by taking this position in many cases YOU are defending "privileged haves" at the expense of students from disadvantaged backgrounds, you are not a legitimate interlocutor. Just another partisan shill.

Really, why is it that conservatives almost invariably choose the side of the privileged haves, and are inconsolable because of their "loss"? ....

It is deliberately dishonest that you keep avoiding, ignoring, and denying what I have told you many times about students who under any other circumstances you would weep about being among the "oppressed have nots" being harmed by this ill-considered policy. Until you can admit that by taking this position in many cases YOU are defending "privileged haves" at the expense of students from disadvantaged backgrounds, you are not a legitimate interlocutor. Just another partisan shill.
It’s all about equal access to college athletics

Were you complaining about the poor women who couldn’t play college athletics?

Answer the question.

Wah!
Not fair

It's amazing you can't admit that some people were harmed to help others.

What a delusional twat you are.

A guy at a Div II wrestling program is "privileged" then?

The idea behind Title IX was laudable, the mechanics used were unnecessarily vindictive and used a metric (enrollment) that forced schools to shutter wanted programs and recruit like mad to create programs the student body didn't ask for.

Someone gets recruited for a wrestling team, gets a scholarship, and then is told he is cut because the school has to recruit like mad to create a women's team no one asked for.

But hey, you get to screw over some cis, probably white hetero male, so that makes you whip it out and wank on it.

You are more right than you know, but the fact is that the student athlete in your example is more often than not a minority student who worked for years to make his own opportunity that no one in his family - few in his community - ever had. The democrats couldn't care less what happens to that minority student as long as they can impose their will on society.

It’s all about equal access to college athletics

Were you complaining about the poor women who couldn’t play college athletics?

I have always supported women's athletics. When I was in college, our team supported the women's sports more than any others. Today, I devote a large part of my life to helping female student athletes from the inner city achieve their goals. How about you, big mouth? What the fuck have you ever done other than dismissively write off the consequences of your politics because you couldn't care less about actual people?

Answer the question.

Wah!
Not fair

It's amazing you can't admit that some people were harmed to help others.

What a delusional twat you are.
Just a change in priorities
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

Forum List

Back